Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 04:28 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You do kinda know college kids will say anything just to mess with others right?

Right?

Sigh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Yes, you do have stupid people around. For instance, that video is not an 'opinion poll' (asking people to sign a 'petition' is not an opinion poll). It is a 'made for youtube' video clip, and one should not draw any conclusions from it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Buttfart isn't that great of a source for correct news.
Quote:
No, I just doubt it and am not taking it for face value just because it is on the internet. I am skeptical. The rule of thumb is to never believe everything you see on the internet because it is very easy to lie.
Quote:
Not on me, but it isn't a topic I seek. Though it isn't hard to perform a fake campus petition to people acting and post it on YouTube. All you need is a digital camera, a college campus, and a group of students that want to help.
I suppose the above statements about credibility of the interviewees apply to this, also?

Retarded Right at Romney Rally - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 04:46 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,835,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You do kinda know college kids will say anything just to mess with others right?

Right?

Sigh.
Yep .. Even go so far as to make *****e$ of themselves!

Old 02-04-2014, 04:56 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Yes, you do have stupid people around. For instance, that video is not an 'opinion poll' (asking people to sign a 'petition' is not an opinion poll). It is a 'made for youtube' video clip, and one should not draw any conclusions from it.

Well no kidding....

Who answers opinion polls though? People? Taking the video at face value, those students were just your average everyday people.

If you want to take the credibility of the video to task, go right ahead, but I think you over-estimate the intelligence of todays youth.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:07 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Frightening that college students would so easily agree to throw their neighbors in prison.

And you don't think that another Hitler could come into power in this country. Oooops my mistake we already have one.

College Students Sign Petition to Imprison All Registered Gun Owners! - YouTube
Nobody pays any attention to college student petitions. (Said the gun owner.)

Old 02-04-2014, 05:15 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I suppose the above statements about credibility of the interviewees apply to this, also?

Retarded Right at Romney Rally - YouTube
I didn't watch the video, but the statement about credibility of the interviewees can be applied to that video, as well as any video you see on YouTube. Don't always assume everything you see on YouTube is real.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
I didn't watch the video, but the statement about credibility of the interviewees can be applied to that video, as well as any video you see on YouTube. Don't always assume everything you see on YouTube is real.
My oh my how opinions have changed since the Fall of 2012.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:31 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
My oh my how opinions have changed since the Fall of 2012.
Not for many of us. Most of us still think that the right wing conservative tea party are still foaming at the mouth, disseminating misleading information and fostering downright lies in an effort to destroy the country.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Not for many of us. Most of us still think that the right wing conservative tea party are still foaming at the mouth, disseminating misleading information and fostering downright lies in an effort to destroy the country.
So that Romney clip couldn't have been doctored or cherry picked but the subject of the thread was?

Ok. Got the thought process.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:58 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
So that Romney clip couldn't have been doctored or cherry picked but the subject of the thread was?

Ok. Got the thought process.
Oh I am sure there was plenty of cherry picking and editing.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:26 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,323 times
Well not too long ago several people signed a petition to outlaw dyhydromonoxide. Just shows that there are some not so bright people. Not shocking at all. The corollary to Jesus' assertion that the poor will always be with us. So will the stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies