Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 09:13 AM

5,355 posts, read 5,132,164 times

Advertisements

Seeing people have made such a big fuss over marijuana, maybe we all should enlighten ourselves and see what other mind altering substances already are legal.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THESE DRUGS DO, READ EXPERIENCES FROM THOSE WHO HAVEhttps://www.erowid.org/pharms/diphen...ydramine.shtml or for the main page
https://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/. You probably don't know the effects if you've never read about them or taken them.

So, this is not another thread about marijuana. We have the other 1000 post thread if you want to debate that. What I am proposing is how you feel about the mentioned drugs being legal, and how you would feel if their superior counterparts were lega PCP and Ketamine for DXM, psilocybin mushrooms, instead of amanita muscaria, and LSD instead of morning glory seeds?

I just went to walgreens (drugstore) and purchased 85mL of DXM and 1200 mg of benadryl for $20, and I'm under 21, so that shows you accessible they are. Morning glory seeds were $5 for 1500 on Amazon. Also amanita muscaria mushrooms grow wildly on our property here in Colorado, so it's no long trek to go get those.

AND, how do you feel about drug companies mixing acetaminophen with these drugs? It comes with may varietys of DXM and benadryll. A large dose of acetaminophen recks your liver and could kill you. Is that our preferred method of deterring kids from doing these drugs??? Many of whom would not know about acetaminophen unless they read about it, so have a high chance of ruining their liver?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 09:25 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,365,770 times
And what's the deal with Kratom?

Old 02-06-2014, 10:19 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Amanita muscaria is not even remotely safe to try, neither are datura or morning glory. Only the most stupid fool would even think about trying those three.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Amanita muscaria is not even remotely safe to try, neither are datura or morning glory. Only the most stupid fool would even think about trying those three.
So we let the drugs that aren't remotely safe be the ones that people have free access to and ban the safer ones? That's kinda messed up.

Morning glory is safe. There are three compounds in the seeds, one makes you nausous, one distorts your vision a little and one is LSA, which is very similar to LSD. If you prepare it right, you can filter out the first two and keep the LSA.

And, amanita muscaria can be overdosed on, but in small quantities, it isn't toxic.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:26 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
So we let the drugs that aren't remotely safe be the ones that people have free access to and ban the safer ones? That's kinda messed up.

Morning glory is safe. There are three compounds in the seeds, one makes you nausous, one distorts your vision a little and one is LSA, which is very similar to LSD. If you prepare it right, you can filter out the first two and keep the LSA.

And, amanita muscaria can be overdosed on, but in small quantities, it isn't toxic.
Waaa! My grandmother's house is covered in that flower. I gotta try this. lol. I've never heard of this before.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:32 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Ban rhubarb!!

Old 02-06-2014, 12:37 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times
Wow, I need to go home and try all this stuff. Could be a fun weekend...or road trip to Las Vegas with my Samoan attorney.

Last edited by Deezus; 02-06-2014 at 12:50 PM..

Old 02-06-2014, 12:42 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Do not, under any circumstances try Datura. Please don't ask me how I know.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:50 PM

This isn't a promotional thread, although I have tried all of them except datura and amanita muscaria.

For morning glory seeds, read the erowid FAQ. Really. I didn't and just ate the seeds threw up. No LSA effects.

DXM gave me diarrhea, but it was preferable to alcohol IMO, nothing super though, just the diarrhea.

Benadryl made me really tired and had vertigo feeling, and made my mouth really dry. It was more dysphoric rather than euphoric though. No hallucinations.

And I probably wouldn't try amanita muscaria. Read the experiences. They are the weirdest of any drug I have ever read about. They make you nauseous and sleepy and are very unpredictable in the amount of active ingredient per shroom. So yes, they can be dangerous.

And datura is stupid, I haven't done it and you shouldn't either, but read for yourself.

But I went through all this to say I wouldn't have tried these inferior drugs if superior ones were available.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:02 PM

What no comments from Finn or the ban weed crowd?!? Every time I bring up something besides marijuana and meth and crack and heroin, they don't know what to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies