Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2014, 10:38 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,351,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Political Correctness is a restiction on one's ideas or speech. Who's speech or thought is being stifled?

Maybe you should be embarrased by incorrectly using the term PC in this context.
Today, PC is almost always used as a retort by those who want to escape or deflect criticism of their views.

Free speech is a two way street. You are free to speak out, but so are others who may or may not agree with your words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 10:42 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,351,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
As an Italian your opinion on what black folk should be offended about doesn't really matter. I don't know why white folks always have an opinion on what should or shouldn't be offensive to black folk... You can have an opinion until you're blue in the face and OUR perception about what is acceptable and what isn't won't change one bit!!!
That's yet another example of "white 'splaining".

Old 02-10-2014, 10:52 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,833 times
Most of that food is probably paid for by the tax payer. What a bunch of filthy, whining degenerates. They should be thankful that they have food to go into their bellies that most likely isn't even paid for by themselves or their families.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:56 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,000,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Most of that food is probably paid for by the tax payer. What a bunch of filthy, whining degenerates. They should be thankful that they have food to go into their bellies that most likely isn't even paid for by themselves or their families.
Yep. First world problems.

Hungry kids all over the world would be happy to eat that food and instead the school is wringing their hands becuase some one got offended over a menu.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:57 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,686,824 times
Quote:
Uh its a private school. If you mean that the people who send their kids to Carondelet pay taxes in addition to the high tuition and lunch meals then yes its paid for by tax payers.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Uh its a private school. If you mean that the people who send their kids to Carondelet pay taxes in addition to the high tuition and lunch meals then yes its paid for by tax payers.

SO taxpayers don't subsidize private schools at all? Wow you're naïve.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:

Should Mexicans be offended when they eat beans and enchilidas on Mexican Independence day? I'm Italian. Maybe I'll start crying on the Feast of San Gennaro when I am served pizza and lasagna. Gimme a break.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:06 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,245 times
Quote:
There's a big difference between the government using tax withheld by force to subsidize PUBLIC schools, and someone dipping into their own pocket and spending what is left AFTER TAXES. That money can be used to purchase anything - a car, a second car, a vacation, or a private education. What people do with the money that they are left with AFTER TAXES is no one's business.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:09 AM

72,992 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Same with me eating Carne Asada tacos, beans, rice, enchiladas, tamales.

Most of these dumb assed liberals cant see the forest for the trees through the fog of their ouwn self imposed guilt.

Me, I embrace the caricature of my Mexican/Italian heritage. It completely disarms and frustrates the *******s because then they have nothing left.

I don't buy that. Isn't it ever considered that people might be making fun of your heritage. And if said persons are making fun of your heritage, they are making fun of you. That is how I look at it.

The whole "PC excuse", to me, that is a cop out. I don't consider it "PC" to not want to be made fun of. I won't "embrace" any caricatures of Blacks because, in my judgment, I'm basically saying "you can laugh at me and regard me with no amount of respect". This is why I don't watch BET. This is why I've shunned most rap music. I don't embrace it. I don't want to be held to that.

As for tacos and carne asada, there is a difference. Those foods are particular to Mexico. However, watermelon and fried chicken are SOUTHERN foods, as in, it is food particular to southerners, both Black and White. It is not a "racially particular" food. In fact, watermelon has been cultivated in China as early as the 10th century AD. Native Americans planted it too. That is why it annoys me when people try to portray Black people as "watermelon eaters" or associate watermelon exclusively with Black people. It's basically singling Black people out. Me calling it out is me exercising my rights to say what I think. If a person has the freedom of speech to portray Blacks or other ethnicities in caricatured ways, then I have the right to call it out, and say what I feel. I have that right.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:10 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,686,824 times
Quote:

Ok smitty explain to us how Carondelet receives Tax Payer subsidizes to feed its students.

I've paid taxes to subsidize worthless public school indoctrination camps and NEVER receive any tax deduction while sending my kids to private school.

So not only do I pay for my own kids education I also pay for welfare slobs to educate theirs as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies