Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 08:55 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,139,792 times

Advertisements

The Washington Examiner say, “44% of US companies considering dropping insurance coverage of current workers due to Obamacare.

Gee whiz. How's all that “Hope and Change” working for you? Read the full piece @ Poor Richard's News - 44% of US companies considering dropping insurance coverage of current workers due to Obamacare
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 09:04 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,945,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
The Washington Examiner say, “44% of US companies considering dropping insurance coverage of current workers due to Obamacare.

Gee whiz. How's all that “Hope and Change” working for you? Read the full piece @ Poor Richard's News - 44% of US companies considering dropping insurance coverage of current workers due to Obamacare
The right thing to do for many corporates.An employer should not have to be the insurance business as well as why they are in business in the first place. Most of the best medical was gained by the hard work of Unions as a comparison / perk / negotiation to the union contract, outside of that better policy's can be found on the private market by the employes themselves.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:59 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
The right thing to do for many corporates.An employer should not have to be the insurance business as well as why they are in business in the first place. Most of the best medical was gained by the hard work of Unions as a comparison / perk / negotiation to the union contract, outside of that better policy's can be found on the private market by the employes themselves.
Not if we have to settle for something that costs more but offers less. If that's the case, most would want their employer insurance back.

So let's see what happens ... or if Obama will score more pinocchio awards for his lies on what this costs us.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:04 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
My employer has firmly stated that they will not change, reduce or drop our coverage. We have great coverage which is free to the employee, unless they add a spouse and/or children to their plan in which case we pay premiums on them.

I think it would be nice if our nation could provide some kind of very basic coverage to every citizen. But I also think they really bungled the attempt. Everything about Obamacare from what I've heard, is horribly broken.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:20 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:

For those interested, here's the link to the actual annual summary of the Duke survey of CFOs.

http://www.cfosurvey.org/

The same group of CFOs also believe that the age for Social Security eligibility should be raised.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 02-07-2014 at 10:30 AM..

Old 02-07-2014, 10:41 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
A good company that offers great health insurance can attract better workers.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Employers shouldn't be in the healthcare business anyway.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:47 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Quote:

Mine isn't dropping my plan but my plan will cost more. We were told to expect a 40% increase in medical costs next year.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:47 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Employers shouldn't be in the healthcare business anyway.
Do you feel the government should have a hand in it?

Old 02-07-2014, 10:49 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
If I were offering it through the business, I'd have to drop it - it's too expensive.

Here's what the cheapest plan on the Nevada exchange costs an individual:

That EXACT SAME plan, if purchased through the business:

That's a 339% price increase for the SAME PLAN, simply because it's being offered through the business.

You bet your arse that I'd take the penalty over providing insurance for my employees, if we were big enough to have to face that. It makes no financial sense to do anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies