Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 03:11 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,311,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Oh it has changed. In Cleveland we went from two milder winters in a row, with below normal snowfall to this crap! Can't wait until Spring. If it ever comes this year!
I have a feeling when it warms we will KNOW it ....

About every ten years or so the weather here cycles around, be it dry, wet, hot, cold, normal(whatever that means anymore).

Again, to get a clearer picture, you need to take it out 1,000 or 10,000 years.

Last year they claimed 2013 was going to be a disaster as far as hurricanes go ... What happen .. OOOPS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 03:13 PM

45,455 posts, read 60,666,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
I have a feeling when it warms we will KNOW it ....

About every ten years or so the weather here cycles around, be it dry, wet, hot, cold, normal(whatever that means anymore).

Again, to get a clearer picture, you need to take it out 1,000 or 10,000 years.

Last year they claimed 2013 was going to be a disaster as far as hurricanes go ... What happen .. OOOPS.

But, it turns out that the lack of hurricanes, especially devastating ones, is also caused by AGW, just like an active hurricane year is. Or yesterday's and today's winter storm in the Mid-Atlantic.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:55 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,740,698 times
the continuous states are going from the deep freeze to the broiler this summer. get your air conditioners revved up..

Old 02-13-2014, 08:01 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,088,316 times
And if in July, the lake water temp increases by .5 degree, the warmers will be claiming global warming is real.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:30 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,311,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
But, it turns out that the lack of hurricanes, especially devastating ones, is also caused by AGW, just like an active hurricane year is. Or yesterday's and today's winter storm in the Mid-Atlantic.
So it went from we are going to get devastating hurricanes every season because of "Global Warming" to now since we didn't get ANY major hurricanes that means "Global Warming" ... Okay just so I understand ...

Old 02-14-2014, 03:30 AM

Quote:
So it went from we are going to get devastating hurricanes every season because of "Global Warming" to now since we didn't get ANY major hurricanes that means "Global Warming" ... Okay just so I understand ...

You don't have to understand it just as long as you accept that any and all weather scenarios are now covered as AGW. Makes it easier to sell.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:55 AM

33,566 posts, read 37,168,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
And if in July, the lake water temp increases by .5 degree, the warmers will be claiming global warming is real.
Of course it's real...The only debate is what is the cause, and that is not really even a debate anymore.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:03 AM

33,566 posts, read 37,168,881 times
Quote:
You must live in a bubble...The US is not the entire world for most of us...2013 set many records for extreme and record breaking weather.
Extreme Weather & Climate Events 2013!

Old 02-14-2014, 04:07 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,242,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
So let me summarize:

When its warm, AGW to blame.
When its cold, AGW to blame.
When there are no hurricanes, AGW to blame.
When there are hurricanes, AGW to blame.
When there is a drought, AGW to blame.
When its too wet, AGW to blame.
When tornados rip up the area, AGW to blame.
When there are no tornados, AGW to blame.
And so on and so forth.

Right?

What lunacy.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So let me summarize:

When its warm, AGW to blame.
When its cold, AGW to blame.
When there are no hurricanes, AGW to blame.
When there are hurricanes, AGW to blame.
When there is a drought, AGW to blame.
When its too wet, AGW to blame.
When tornados rip up the area, AGW to blame.
When there are no tornados, AGW to blame.
And so on and so forth.

Right?

What lunacy.
That appears to be how it has turned out. I've had people tell me that their houses (located at less than 2 ft. above mean high tide) never once flooded until global warming started. Of course they'd always been required to carry flood insurance and had been listed on flood maps since the houses were built. Regulations used to be a lot looser.

I've also lived here long enough to see the Chesapeake freeze, or nearly so, clear across a couple times and lesser freezing occur other years. Last week we had people in a panic because it started to do so again this year. AGW don't you know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies