Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 09:02 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
But to call all who believe in climate change is to dismiss 90% of scientists.

Let's be realistic.
Okay, the 90% was debunked on another thread....that was real.

Science by Consensus is not Science, rather it's Politics.

Apparently the great lot of you appear to be too daft to understand the meaning of "Inter-Glacial Period."

Desperately seeking Science...

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 09:14 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post
cmon now phil youre not talking to some flatlander from back east, the tri valley's always gotten spells that are hot as hells fires in the summer time, it sounds like you might not grew up somewhere else in the bay are not over the hill
I was born in Nov, 1963 in Oakland. I moved to Hayward in 1970. I lived there until 1993, when I moved to Antioch. I lived in Antioch until 2003, when I moved to Dublin.

When I lived in Oakland/Hayward, I do not EVER recall it being over 90 degs. Back then, NO ONE had air conditioning. When I lived in Antioch, in the summer, weeks of 110 degs PLUS were VERY COMMON (118-120 wasn't uncommon either). I ran my air conditioning in my house, from about March until November. When I moved to Dublin, the same. So, I have no clue what it is you are referring too.

Today, in Dublin, it was 67 degs in Feb. The sun was out and I took a long, 8 mile walk in the sun. I've walked, outside, in the sun, for all of Nov and Dec. There has been TWO days where I couldn't walk, because of the rain. I've not had such an issue, in Dec-Feb, EVER.

So yes, I live here and yes, I am giving you and others, first hand knowledge. I have no clue about global warming; nor do I care. What I am saying is this: When I was a child, the kinds of temps we are seeing now, were not too be found. NOW they are common place. Do what you will with the information.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:50 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
The last "drought years" were in the 70's; as I said. Sure, there have been light rain and snow in the mountains. However, NOTHING like this year, since the 70's. EVER. I've lived in the SF Bay Area since I was born in 1963. Like it or not, when I was a kid, if it was 80-90 degree's it was HOT. Now, in the summer time, that is NORMAL.

110-115 degrees was UNHEARD OF when I was a kid. Now? Now its pretty normal where I live. 90-105 degrees in the summer time is NORMAL temps. It wasn't that way in the 70's. PERIOD.
What about the 1870's?

Old 02-11-2014, 10:52 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
I was born in Nov, 1963 in Oakland. I moved to Hayward in 1970. I lived there until 1993, when I moved to Antioch. I lived in Antioch until 2003, when I moved to Dublin.

When I lived in Oakland/Hayward, I do not EVER recall it being over 90 degs. Back then, NO ONE had air conditioning. When I lived in Antioch, in the summer, weeks of 110 degs PLUS were VERY COMMON (118-120 wasn't uncommon either). I ran my air conditioning in my house, from about March until November. When I moved to Dublin, the same. So, I have no clue what it is you are referring too.

Today, in Dublin, it was 67 degs in Feb. The sun was out and I took a long, 8 mile walk in the sun. I've walked, outside, in the sun, for all of Nov and Dec. There has been TWO days where I couldn't walk, because of the rain. I've not had such an issue, in Dec-Feb, EVER.

So yes, I live here and yes, I am giving you and others, first hand knowledge. I have no clue about global warming; nor do I care. What I am saying is this: When I was a child, the kinds of temps we are seeing now, were not too be found. NOW they are common place. Do what you will with the information.
Temps on the peninsula have been more stable. But agree it has been warmer. All that thermal mass is paying dividends.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:10 PM

493 posts, read 783,336 times
Quote:

if you say so phil i only lived here my whole dang life....

not sure why youre phaiging up this thread if you dont give a care about global warming tho

Old 02-12-2014, 07:59 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Okay, the 90% was debunked on another thread....that was real.

Science by Consensus is not Science, rather it's Politics.

Apparently the great lot of you appear to be too daft to understand the meaning of "Inter-Glacial Period."

Desperately seeking Science...

Mircea
Post that info again. You've never had a reason not to post a page long post.

Anyway, let's say "a significant majority" of Climate scientists. ...

Old 02-12-2014, 08:10 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Ice Expert Predicts Lake Superior Will Completely Freeze Over This Winter - See more at: Ice Expert Predicts Lake Superior Will Completely Freeze Over This Winter | CNS News

So where is this global warming? First time in 2 decades the lake will be frozen over. Coincides with the earth stopped warming over 17 years ago.
Sochi?

Old 02-12-2014, 08:13 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
This is how your world really is....

...you think the climate changed?

Weathering...

Mircea

Oh it has changed. In Cleveland we went from two milder winters in a row, with below normal snowfall to this crap! Can't wait until Spring. If it ever comes this year!

Old 02-12-2014, 08:17 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Ice Expert Predicts Lake Superior Will Completely Freeze Over This Winter - See more at: Ice Expert Predicts Lake Superior Will Completely Freeze Over This Winter | CNS News

So where is this global warming? First time in 2 decades the lake will be frozen over. Coincides with the earth stopped warming over 17 years ago.
Yep, some pretty cold weather.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:29 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yes excellent point. Since you quoted me, im going to respond.

Many of us want to. We're trying to find better ways of doing it, electric vehicles for example. I love the Tesla sportscar for example, but can't afford one. But OMG fun.

More likely I'm looking at a Chevy Volt, yes it can use gas for long trips, but the vast majority of my use would be within its 35 mile range. Its within my price range.

But...heres the other side of it. I personally do not believe that we need to worry about global warming. I believe very firmly that technology will resolve a lot of this problem. I just find it offensive that people can be so foolish as to deny that there is a actual problem.

Does that make sense? I hate ignorance.
Where would the electricity come from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies