Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2014, 04:24 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,815,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Do you conservatives really think you can actually win this fight?
Maybe they can win this fight in the afterlife if God is a douche.

In this life? Thankfully, no, they can't win this fight for long.

Old 02-16-2014, 04:33 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,273,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
good. maybe now gays will shut the hell up and stop having parades. I have never seen a straight pride parade.
I saw a parade that had some local activist gay group and it was raunchy.

Old 02-16-2014, 04:35 PM

14,916 posts, read 13,131,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
What parade? When and where?

Old 02-16-2014, 04:48 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,403,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Were they shoving something down your throat?

Old 02-16-2014, 04:52 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,815,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Were they shoving something down your throat?
Only if he was gay. LOL!

Old 02-16-2014, 05:18 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,985,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
It doesn't harm me personally, you are right. Just like heroine, crack, Polygamy etc... Doesn't harm me personally either because I don't do such things. That still doesn't mean we should legalize those things should we?

However what is potentially harmful to others is trying to make such behaviors normalized. The gay lifestyle does have several risks involved, they are the highest group at risk for HIV and all STDs in general. They are also more likely to have more sexual partners than straight people, often without protection, and in in the case of gay men, unprotected anal sex (the most High Risk sexual act there is). Which can also lead to bowl problems, internal bleeding, weakining of the sphincter (causes loss of control), and hemorrhoids.

On top of this they are often prone to depression and mental illnes . Gay people by and large often suffer from some mental disorder, the most common being suicidal depression, OCD, bi polar, gender non conformity etc...

So as you can see, it's not a very healthy lifestyle. And as such it should not be promoted as normal or encouraged. It also fails at doing the most important tasks of all in terms of nature and evolution, creating new life. One cannot believe in Evolution and believe in a gay gene, natural selection would have killed them off.

These are all facts and not debatable. You can only deny them.
I vehemently deny and dispute them.

What you are trying to do is defame the LGBT community. You are putting forth an argument to justify prejudice and discrimination against them and that LGBT people are not worthy for civil rights, equality, or respect and recognition.

It can be pointed out that members of the African American community statistically are at much higher risk for many diseases such as Type 2 Diabetes, Sarcoidosi disease, high blood pressure, etc. (Not to mention Sickle-Cell Anemia and other genetic maladies). Jews, too, are much, much more susceptible to diseases like Tay-Sachs Disease and Creutzfeldt-Jakob Syndrome.

Yes, bigots have tried to defame Blacks and Jews too using these bogus arguments about physical and mental health issues.

The American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the National Association of Social Workers, the Royal Society of Psychologists in the UK, the American Anthropological Association, and scores of respected and recognized organizations all over the world have sided with the LGBT community and have debunked the kind of views you have expressed.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:30 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,985,062 times
What cannot be denied is that all over the US and all over the world gay people have made valuable and admirable contributions to human society. Many LGBT people have excelled in the fields of medicine, the visual arts, entertainment, music, sports, literature, business, law, the military, governance ... in nearly every field of human endeavor.

Lesbian and gay individuals have won medals at the Olympics, Pulitzer Prizes, Nobel Prizes (not to mention awards like Oscars and Grammys and Tonys); they have been elected to high political office and appointed to prestigious judicial posts and ambassadorships.

This is a community that deserves to be treated with dignity, respect and equality as citizens who pay taxes, vote, and participate in building our country and society.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:15 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,417,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ View Post
Politically proactive homosexuals are a wreckless class of human beings that deserve to be buried under prisons. They have exhibited no concerns over the pending consequences of the Windsor decision, for example, and how it affects everybody.
"Wreckless"? Do gays and lesbians have less car accidents ?

Old 02-16-2014, 07:40 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,417,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
It doesn't harm me personally, you are right. Just like heroine, crack, Polygamy etc... Doesn't harm me personally either because I don't do such things. That still doesn't mean we should legalize those things should we?

However what is potentially harmful to others is trying to make such behaviors normalized. The gay lifestyle does have several risks involved, they are the highest group at risk for HIV and all STDs in general. They are also more likely to have more sexual partners than straight people, often without protection, and in in the case of gay men, unprotected anal sex (the most High Risk sexual act there is). Which can also lead to bowl problems, internal bleeding, weakining of the sphincter (causes loss of control), and hemorrhoids.

On top of this they are often prone to depression and mental illnes . Gay people by and large often suffer from some mental disorder, the most common being suicidal depression, OCD, bi polar, gender non conformity etc...

So as you can see, it's not a very healthy lifestyle. And as such it should not be promoted as normal or encouraged. It also fails at doing the most important tasks of all in terms of nature and evolution, creating new life. One cannot believe in Evolution and believe in a gay gene, natural selection would have killed them off.

These are all facts and not debatable. You can only deny them.
Oh good grief - this is so full of nonsense propaganda and negative stereotypes it's pathetic. You compare gay and lesbian people to heroine, crack and polygamy, mindlessly parrot ignorant anti-gay propaganda from religious hate groups then turn around and say you don't hate gay people? Pull the other one. Your animus towards gay people is as transparent as a recently washed window.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:53 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,212,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
"Wreckless"? Do gays and lesbians have less car accidents ?
Ad hominem....from the usual suspect. Maybe you should keep stick to arguing that men that have sex with little boys are heterosexuals and then back them up with junk science studies.

Hey, since you're grammar trolling and engaging in logical fallacies...let me join you.

Have you learned what a straw man is yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies