Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2014, 07:59 AM

1,594 posts, read 1,413,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Again, welcome to the real world. In this world there actually are gross engineering failures caused by bad designs (Tacoma Narrows Bridge, Kansas City Hyatt Regency Walkway, Chernobyl Nuclear Reactor, St. Francis Dam).

But what happened on 9/11 to WTCs 1, 2 and 7 are not included in any list of bad designs that led to catastrophic failure.
A physical model of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge was built and demonstrated in four months. Everyone knew it was caused by the wind. That is why the model was built in a wind tunnel.

But no model has been built of the north tower in 12 years and they don't even talk about the center of mass of the tilted top portion of the south tower.

But everyone is supposed to BELIEVE.

psik

Old 02-25-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You are now repeating yourself. And yet you still can't manage to come up with a good reason for us to care.

Use 35 fps, use 50 fps, I don't care. But for god's sake make a point already or admit that you do not have one.
I don't have a problem with morons not figuring out the obvious. I just make a point of demonstrating it to other people.

An object ejected sideways from the top of the north tower would only have 9.2 seconds to hit the ground. Therefore it must have a minimum velocity of 54 ft/sec to get 500 feet away from the building. But if it came from lower on the building then it would have less time and require even more velocity to reach that distance.

But of course the heavier the object the more energy required to attain that velocity. Therefore it is scientifically ridiculous that FEMA did not record the weights and locations of hurled masses and try to determine where they came from in the building.

This just further demonstrates that the 9/11 investigations were scientific bullsh!t.

[1781]
psik

Last edited by psikeyhackr; 02-25-2014 at 08:44 AM..

Old 02-25-2014, 09:08 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psikeyhackr View Post
A physical model of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge was built and demonstrated in four months. Everyone knew it was caused by the wind. That is why the model was built in a wind tunnel.

But no model has been built of the north tower in 12 years and they don't even talk about the center of mass of the tilted top portion of the south tower.

psik
in todays age a physical model isn't as necessary as back then

As detailed in the new issue of Aluminum International Today, the molten aluminum from the airplane bodies chemically reacted with water in the buildings' sprinkler systems, setting off the explosions that felled the Twin Towers.

When each jet cut its way into a building, it took with it parts of walls and ceilings, Simensen said. Steel bars in those walls would have gashed its fuel tanks, which would have caught fire. With the plane positioned somewhere in the middle of the building, blanketed in debris and with no route for heat to escape, the temperature would have rapidly escalated, reaching 660 degrees Celsius (1,220 degrees Fahrenheit), the melting point of aluminum — of which there was 30 tons in each plane fuselage — within an hour. The molten aluminum would then have heated up further to between 800 and 850 C (1,470 and 1,560 F).

"Then molten aluminum becomes [as liquid as] water and has so much heat that it will flow through cracks in the floor and down to the next floor," Simensen explained in an email. There was an automatic sprinkler system installed in each ceiling, and it was filled with water. "When huge amount of molten aluminum gets in contact with water, a fierce exothermic reaction will take place, enormous amount of hydrogen is formed and the temperature is locally raised to 1,200 to 1,500 C," or 2,200 to 2,700 F.

Chaos rapidly ensues: "A series of explosions will take place and a whole floor will be blown to pieces," he wrote. "Then the top part of the building will fall on the bottom part, and the tower will collapse within seconds." This is what Simensen believes happened in the two World Trade Center towers.

This isn't obscure chemistry, Simensen says; the U.S. Aluminum Association has recorded 250 accidental molten aluminum/water explosions worldwide since 1980. "Alcoa in Pittsburgh [the worldwide leader in aluminum production] has done a series of such explosions in special laboratory in order to understand what can prevent such explosions and what are the most dangerous situations," he wrote. "For instance they let 30 kilograms [66 pounds] of aluminum react with 20 liters [5.3 gallons] of water, which resulted in a large hole 30 meters [98 feet] in diameter, and nothing left of the laboratory."

New Twin Tower Collapse Model Could Squash 9/11 Conspiracies | LiveScience

Old 02-25-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:

psik
Purdue creates scientifically based animation of 9/11 attack
Structural engineers need to know from a scientific perspective what happened to the buildings during the terrorist attacks in order to prevent future failures. The search for answers continues with the help of a state-of-the-art animated visualization created by researchers at Purdue University.

Christoph Hoffmann, a professor of computer science and director of Purdue's Rosen Center for Advanced Computing, a division of Information Technology at Purdue, says the animation reveals more information than could be conveyed through a scientific simulation alone.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Purdue creates scientifically based animation of 9/11 attack

Structural engineers need to know from a scientific perspective what happened to the buildings during the terrorist attacks in order to prevent future failures. The search for answers continues with the help of a state-of-the-art animated visualization created by researchers at Purdue University.
ROFLMAO

Quote:
"To estimate the serious damage to the World Trade Center core columns, we assembled a detailed numerical model of the impacting aircraft as well as a detailed numerical model of the top 20 stories of the building," Sozen says. "We then used weeks of supercomputer time over a number of years to simulate the event in many credible angles of impact of the aircraft."
They only simulated the top 20 stories so there were only 4 stories below where their simulated plne hit.

But the NIST report on the south tower impact says the building deflected 12 inches horizontally 11 stories below where the plane impacted. So if the enrgy expended to deflect the building is not computed the remaining energy that did structural damage is exaggerated.

The Purdue simulation is a joke that looks pretty.

I e-mailed three people at Purdue asking for data on the steel and concrete distribution. Two responded referring me to Sozen. Sozen said nothing.

Quote:
Thanks for your interest.
Please contact Professor Sozen regarding the building particulars.
Best wishes, Chris Hoffmann

ph: 765-494-6185, fax: 765-494-0739
www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/cmh

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 8:10 PM
To: Chris Hoffmann
Cc: ayhan@purdue.edu
Subject: Concrete Video?

Greetings,

Congratulations on a great looking simulation.

Since some of the kinetic energy caused the entire building to shake and some
did damage at the impact zone I was wondering how it was determined how much
did what?

In six years I have not heard how much steel and concrete was on each level
of the building so I am wondering how that information can be obtained.

You see I made my own video but the simulation is based on a physical model.
I am having trouble understanding how this incident can be analyzed without
the distribution of steel and concrete being taken into account. How many
tons of steel were on the impact floors of the south tower to weaken in 56
minutes? I haven't heard that in 6 years.

WTC Impact Model - MIT - YouTube

Sincerely,

KS

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Greetings psikeyhackr,

You may find the drawings of WTC 1 online at
9-11 Research: North Tower Blueprints.

Aside: Appendix K of NIST NCSTAR1-5A (draft report) includes an analysis of
a video recording of the WTC-2 impact (displacement estimates and such)
which might provide useful information for your energy estimate study.

Sincerely,

Ayhan Irfanoglu

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chris Hoffmann [mailto:cmh@cs.purdue.edu]
> Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 12:38 PM
> To: psikeyhackr
> Cc: ayhan@purdue.edu; sozen@purdue.edu
> Subject: RE: Concrete Video?
>
> Thanks for your interest.
> Please contact Professor Sozen regarding the building particulars.
> Best wishes, Chris Hoffmann
>
> ______________________
> Christoph M. Hoffmann, Computer Science
> Director, Rosen Center for Advanced Computing
> Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907
> ph: 765-494-6185, fax: 765-494-0739
> www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/cmh
> ______________________
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: psikeyhackr
> Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 8:10 PM
> To: Chris Hoffmann
> Cc: ayhan@purdue.edu
> Subject: Concrete Video?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Congratulations on a great looking simulation.
>
> Since some of the kinetic energy caused the entire building to shake and
> some
> did damage at the impact zone I was wondering how it was determined how
> much
> did what?
>
> In six years I have not heard how much steel and concrete was on each
> level
> of the building so I am wondering how that information can be obtained.
>
> You see I made my own video but the simulation is based on a physical
> model.
> I am having trouble understanding how this incident can be analyzed
> without
> the distribution of steel and concrete being taken into account. How many
> tons of steel were on the impact floors of the south tower to weaken in 56
> minutes? I haven't heard that in 6 years.
>
>
>
> Sincerely,
>
> KS
>
>
psik

Old 02-25-2014, 11:19 AM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:

psik
"Why won't accredited experts spend time and money on this futile gesture that would satisfy meeee?"

Old 02-25-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"Why won't accredited experts spend time and money on this futile gesture that would satisfy meeee?"
Oh right! I am THE ONLY PERSON that doesn't buy the official story.

But this is why 9/11 has become significant to the scientific culture rather than just conspiracy bull****. I guess our so called "scientists" have sent all of their curiosity to Mars and can't even discuss the peculiar phenomenon of three skyscrapers collapsing in the same place on the same day. That is why I call it The 9/11 Affair after the Galileo Affair. Our "scientists" now have a problem implying there is any kind of nobility to their profession.

So YOU need to project this as a psychological issue with ME.

Sorry, but this involves what is now being called STEM education all over the planet.

How can one high school physics teacher, David Chandler, point out physics problems with 9/11 events in New York and all other high school physics teachers say nothing? If Chandler is wrong then why aren't plenty of other physics teachers jumping up and proving it? Why is there so much SILENCE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQDBKlGfDFM

This is definitely a Scientific AUTHORITY issue. Because it presents the significant possibility that a lot of certified experts are full of crap but it means they need to keep 7th and 8th graders from not figuring out grade school physics.

The Physics will never change or go away.

psik

Last edited by psikeyhackr; 02-25-2014 at 12:04 PM..

Old 02-25-2014, 12:12 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
<shrug> You're the only one I've seen harping on the need for a physical model. Which is, of course, a truly stupid way to test for structural strength.

Quote:
But this is why 9/11 has become significant to the scientific culture rather than just conspiracy bull****.
So it's significant to the scientific culture...

Quote:
I guess our so called "scientists" have sent all of their curiosity to Mars
- or it's not considered significant in scientific culture...

Quote:
and can't even discuss the peculiar phenomenon of three skyscrapers collapsing in the same place on the same day.
I seem to recall something else taking place on that day.

Quote:
That is why I call in The 9/11 Affair after the Galileo Affair.
What, people are being put on house arrest for speaking up? I haven't noticed. Who?

Quote:
I wouldn't have used those words, but now that you mention it...

Quote:
How can one high school physics teacher, David Chandler, point out physics problems with 9/11 events in New York and all other high school physics teachers say nothing?
what obligation do they have to do so? If someone steps up to say the Internet is powered by carrier pigeons I certainly have the credentials to show him wrong, but why would I bother?

Quote:
If Chandler is wrong then why aren't plenty of other physics teachers jumping up and proving it? Why is there so much SILENCE?
Why do people walk by the guy on the street corner with the placard about how the Illuminati run the banks?

Quote:
This is definitely a Scientific AUTHORITY issue.
Yep. And those with the credentials to lend them authority have spoken. It's up to you if you want to listen.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:14 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,510 times
Quote:

But this is why 9/11 has become significant to the scientific culture rather than just conspiracy bull****. I guess our so called "scientists" have sent all of their curiosity to Mars and can't even discuss the peculiar phenomenon of three skyscrapers collapsing in the same place on the same day. That is why I call it The 9/11 Affair after the Galileo Affair. Our "scientists" now have a problem implying there is any kind of nobility to their profession.

Sorry, but this involves what is now being called STEM education all over the planet.

How can one high school physics teacher, David Chandler, point out physics problems with 9/11 events in New York and all other high school physics teachers say nothing? If Chandler is wrong then why aren't plenty of other physics teachers jumping up and proving it? Why is there so much SILENCE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQDBKlGfDFM

This is definitely a Scientific AUTHORITY issue. Because it presents the significant possibility that a lot of certified experts are full of crap but it means they need to keep 7th and 8th graders from not figuring out grade school physics.

The Physics will never change or go away.

psik
David Chandlers videos are awesome.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:

psik
uhm...

1. its common sense
as the floors were pancaking to FORCE of the floors and the inertia was sending some of the beams (many the LIGHTWEIGHT exto-skeletal beams) flying

as you can see here some of the outer beams are still standing, but the floors are missing, thus proving that the floor trusses were the weakest link

the conspiracy nuts can say the fuel all burned up outside the building...but there certainly was big fire within the building

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies