Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 11:03 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,184,310 times

Advertisements

The OP, and a few that piled on his post, are just absurd.

The US is not a perfect country and has done many things to be embarrassed about. But country by country, go through their list of evils and it is long and awful. Worse than the US by far, and these countries have not improved the lives of millions who immigrate to them like the US has.

Why did the OP focus on Japan? Because of the atomic bombs? What does the OP really know about what was going on in Japan at the time the bombs were dropped? I think far less than me - my mother was 16 and living in northern Japan at the time. Almost every Japanese person, male or female, child or adult, was preparing for an American invasion. The number of civilian casualties in an American invasion would have been staggering. The war had to end and the US was the only country that could do it.

Internment of Japanese Americans in camps was disgusting and awful. Everyone in the US knows it today and that is why it won't happen again. Compared to what Japan did to Chinese people during with war - the US's offenses are misdemeanors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 02:49 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native-New-Yorker View Post
I always hear people from other countries talking about how they want to move to America, espcially places like New York, to start a new life and I don't know why.

I'm from America, born and raised, but America is a terrorist nation. Whether or not people want to believe it, it's true.

America has done so many horrible things in its history and it's so obvious why other conuntries hate us.

One of the many things America did was bomb innocent people in Japan that had nothing to do with Pearl Harbor. That's so disgusting. We killed millions of innocent men, women and children that had absolutely nothing to do with Pearl Harbor at all. Also, we held innocent Japenese people in camps for absolutely no reason. The American government is no different than hitler.

Another one of the many things America did was go to Iraq and Afghanistan for no reason. That dictator bush said that we went there because of September 11th but those countries had absolutely nothing to do with September 11th. You would think that when September 11th happened, we would take the time to think about why it happened. Maybe we should have said to outserelves, "What did America do to deserve this?" But no, we had to go to all these different countries and kill innocent people.

Before anyone says the reason why other countries hate America is because America is "free", just stop. America is not free. It acts like it's this country where everyone is free, and everyone has rights, and unicorns fly around and everything is made of cotton candy, but it's not. Gay and Lesbian people are still not allowed to get married in this country and they don't have the same amount of rights as everyone else so I really wish America would stop acting like it's so free.

Racism and White privelege are also both very big problems in America. A racist, white supremacist like george zimmerman gets no jail time for murdering a young Black man like Trayvon Martin but a woman like Marissa Alexander, an African American woman goes to jail for firing warning shots against her abusive husband for 20 years? That's the definition of white privelege at it's worst.

So would you agree that America is a racist terrorst nation and this country isn't as good as some people think it is?
Well No.1, you are obviously delusional..

Now that we got that out of the way..... The people that the Japanese killed at Pearl Harbor were also innocent. Most countries, if not all, have the blood of war on their hands. You can't hold that against the U.S. because that is every country. What were we supposed to do, let them bomb us and say, Oh, it's ok.... Why don't you go live in China or Japan, which has a notoriously bad human rights record? Where the government can take your child or force an abortion because they have a "one child only" policy? Or where you can be slaughtered by the government for being a Christian? Or where you can be forced to work the rest of your life in a labor camp? Or where your kids have to work in factories? It sounds like you'd be much happier there.

America IS free compared to most other nations. Gay people are being accepted little by little, but we are getting there. Why don't you go to Russia where being gay is a CRIME?!?! Or go to one of these countries where you can get your head cut off for being gay?

Third, it's pretty hard to be a "white supremacist when you are not white. It's pretty hard to say someone is a racist when there have been no prior acts of racism, and it's pretty hard to claim Martin was murdered when the facts of the case overwhelmingly support GZ's claim of self defense.

People who do not subscribe to the idea of American Exceptionalism sicken me. If you do not like this country, why don't you go over to say..... North Korea, Cuba, or much of Africa? See how you like it over there.

People like yourself have no idea how good you have it here in America. Go to any one of these third world countries and see how you like it. In my opinion, the only people who come up with these wacked out theories are probably spoiled little rich kids who have no conception of what the real world is.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 03-01-2014 at 02:59 PM..

Old 03-01-2014, 02:51 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
One of my history professors would certainly say Yes in response to this question.

Heck, when I first came to his class, he literally used the words "American terrorism" about twenty times, and this was just in my first day of class with him.

I'd have dropped the class after the first day. You didn't get an unbiased education, you got brainwashed by a professor with an agenda. Personal opinions and agendas have no place in an educational institution.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:29 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
One of my history professors would certainly say Yes in response to this question.

Heck, when I first came to his class, he literally used the words "American terrorism" about twenty times, and this was just in my first day of class with him.
Did he go on to explain that terrorism is respectism?

Old 03-01-2014, 06:10 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Only if you count "liberals."

Old 03-01-2014, 07:50 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,462,850 times
I always wonder where trolls like this OP come from. Also, decent folks find it necessary to spent their time addressing the "allegations" phrased innocently in question form, by these trolls.
The best solution is simply not to feed them.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:00 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Almost every Japanese person, male or female, child or adult, was preparing for an American invasion. The number of civilian casualties in an American invasion would have been staggering.
For some perspective there may have been as many as 1/4 of million people that died on Okinawa both military and civilian.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:32 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
I'm sure it depends upon who you ask. There are some pretty peaceful countries out there who think the US is way to quick to drop bombs and way to indifferent to collateral damage, to claim the moral high ground.
Me? I don't think so. The world has used the USA as the world cop for a long time. Our political leadership seems to feel the need to but into everyone else's business.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:35 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Ronnie said that terrorism is a cowardly act.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:37 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native-New-Yorker View Post
The American government is no different than hitler.
Yup... What ever you say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies