Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 11:55 AM

493 posts, read 783,336 times

Advertisements

its called the "American Dream", not the "American Daydream"!

The american dream, above all else, requires a certain set of values, chief among them isnt education but work ethic. of course, if one can incorporate and educated approach into one's work, that makes the effort more effective

all that to say. you cant have it both ways. if you want to hold onto one set up values that are contrary to the american dream's, thats fine. but the american dream isnt going to come to you, you have to go to it.

I can talk all about how i want the escalade, the cabin up in squaw valley etc. But if im not willing to do the extra work and sacrifice the rest of my life to go after all that, its all just talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 12:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
The "American Dream" has turned into the "American Handout".

The American Dream is nothing more than OPPORTUNITY for any citizen to better themselves.
We have turned "opportunity" into "entitlement".

Old 03-01-2014, 12:26 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Of course when a city morphs from being predominately white to being predominately black, it only stands to reason that the city will fall economically when black poverty in America is 3 times the rate of white poverty, black unemployment is 2 times the rate of whites and black wealth about 15 times less than whites. Thus, as a city morphs from being a microcosm of white America, to a microcosm of black America, it will reflect the different socioeconomic realities of the "oppressor class" from that of the "oppressed class".
Right!

Maybe, just maybe IF those black youths didn't quit high school they could find a job.

Old 03-01-2014, 02:05 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Why President Obama’s Uplifting Comments on ‘Personal Responsibility’ Made MSNBC Host ‘Cringe’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

Obama actually says something inspiring, common sense to a degree:

And none other than racist Toure has this to say:

It is people like this puke that is a big problem with anything race related in this country. They can not exist without race friction, real or otherwise. They make it up just to keep themselves relevant. This remark alone should tell you all you need to know about this guy and others like him. Unless you are one of them, left, right, center should all CRINGE at MSNBC and people like this jerk.
You hit the nail on the head with that one..... They mourn the fact that they were not present during the civil rights movement and so they try their best to pretend it's still going on and recreate those same conditions....

Let's face it, the race war in America will always rage on, it will never go away. The black man is being held back by the white man and that is how it will always be, whether it is true or not.

Apparently Toure' fails to realise that the position held by the man he is criticizing invalidates his argument.

Old 03-01-2014, 02:59 PM

493 posts, read 783,336 times
Whitey tried like HALE to oppress americans of asian decent throughout the past two centuries, but somehow theyve overcome and succeeded as a group

just sayin...

Old 03-01-2014, 03:16 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Racism, REAL racism, would die a slow but inevitable death in this country if race baiting charlatans would stop digging it up and putting it on life support to use as a political weapon.
This is the best post of the day! I hope the likes of Sharpton, Mathews, and Jackson are reading this.

Have any of you seen this? Particularly "Indoctrination" beginning on pg. 176

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...df&chrome=true

Our Federal government, specifically the Pentagon, wants its employees to know that being a white, healthy, Christian male is shameful because you are more privileged than a black, unhealthy, atheistic female. In fact, the Pentagon goes above and beyond by showing that minorities are superior in many aspects to whites. The only question for the government is, which part is the worst, being white, male, Christian or healthy? You have to love where our tax dollars go.

http://www.hardhatters.com/2013/11/t...-baiters-2013/

Last edited by surfman; 03-01-2014 at 03:32 PM..

Old 03-01-2014, 03:29 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Right!

Maybe, just maybe IF those black youths didn't quit high school they could find a job.
And economic recessions and depression are caused by fluctuations in the level of education in the labor pool, as well as fluctuations in work ethic. For example, the economic upheaval of 2007-2008, where millions of jobs were lost, and many people were out of work, was caused by a sudden change in the educational attainment level of the labor poor.......or better yet.....a sudden rise of personal irresponsibility and laziness on behalf of Americans, which resulted in a sharp rise in the levels of unemployment.

I never seen a leading or lagging economic indicator that measured education, personal responsibility, laziness and such, to forecast the health and direction of the economy overall. However, in the black community, and in the black community only, those are economic indicators.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:35 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
I wonder why now? He has done little if anything to get in the face of young black Americans since taking office.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:37 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
One of the first things Obama did was to shut down the Charter Schools in D.C. - de Blasio did the same today.
These schools are the best shot these kids have to climb out of the hole they live in.

The Unions run New York City, Washington, D.C. and the Oval Office. The kids are their cannon fodder.

yep Obama is scum for sure
if he cared so much why has he done so little
like trying to bring the family back together instead of trashing it more and more
he and his fat wife has been such a disappointment
to be the first black president he has been a complete failure!

Old 03-01-2014, 03:47 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yes.....I am the "Angry black man" which is evidenced by my propensity of suggesting that actions produce reactions and suggesting that the races would be in the same situation, given the same circumstances in time and space.

The "happy white man" is the one who is comforted by the notion that 3 centuries of white racism (actions) has not caused any problems (reaction) in contemporary society. He is happy because such a belief makes him feel as if he belongs to a superior race that has risen to the top in this world in a FAIR competition of life, in an example of Darwin's survival of the fittest. Thus, the black man who does not accept this script or narrative is the "Angry black man" with a chip on his shoulder because he dares to point out that the emperor has no clothes on.

I guess I am no more angry than you are happy.

horse poop~~
it might be that mind set of yours that could be some what at fault
trust me I am a white old lady and I spend ZERO time thinking about race except in statements like yours
that I find pitiful
don't blame me for your anger
blame yourself
don't blame me for your lack of development look in the mirror
I have zero to do with your lot in life
I work hard and do not look to others to make me happy
I do not have time to feel sorry for someone who is always bitching at someone else for their very own
misery
if you are mad then do something about it
frankly I am finding more and more hard to swallow the race game it is so tiresome and boring as hell
when Obama is out of the people's house will this race bull shi* keep going on??
Lord I hope not we have a lot more important things to worry about than that
get over it please it is sicking~~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies