Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 07:23 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Oh! Well THAT settles it! Paul Craig Roberts speaks, it must be true!

Interesting how this quote forms the basis of the scare mongering headline:

"US Assistant Secretary of State for Europe, Nuland said: “Since the declaration of Ukrainian independence in 1991, the United States supported the Ukrainians in the development of democratic institutions and skills in promoting civil society and a good form of government - all that is necessary to achieve the objectives of Ukraine’s European. We have invested more than 5 billion dollars to help Ukraine to achieve these and other goals. ” Nuland said the United States will continue to “promote Ukraine to the future it deserves.”
Interesting, 23 years of such "work" and the Ukrainian government is more corrupt than ever. I guess that speaks for Paul Craig Roberts' interpretation...

Old 03-03-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
People are not hurt by your words. They are hurt by your lack of nuance and this apparent bizarre world you live in where the US works unilaterally in that part of the world without explicit or implicit consent of most of the "western world," including Europe.
Where did I say that? I never said Europe was not part of it. I am speaking out against the EU and European governments all the time because they lack the backbone to behave morally, i.e. to do the opposite of what the US does.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:25 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling
Interesting, 23 years of such "work" and the Ukrainian government is more corrupt than ever. [b]I guess that speaks for Paul Craig Roberts' interpretation...

No, actually it doesn't. That is not a logical conclusion. That is you (and others) finding a conclusion you want to make, and then working backwards.

But nice try.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
No, actually it doesn't. That is not a logical conclusion. That is you (and others) finding a conclusion you want to make, and then working backwards.

But nice try.
All I see is that you don't like my conclusion, but no explanation...

Old 03-03-2014, 07:37 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Default Romney Was Freakin' Right!!!

[youtube]
=T1409sXBleg[youtube]
That smarmy little twerp just drones on and on and on..........Boy how wrong that this guy has turned out to be.......

[youtube]
=OHDASkfrFUg[youtube]

Romney looks like a freakin' genius now, doesn't he??

I regular Nostradomus!! Wow...........

And this President wants to take our troop levels down to PRE-WWII LEVELS!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-03-2014, 07:40 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
If Romney is akin to Nostradamus, why didn't he know that he didn't stand a chance in the election and save his time and money?

Old 03-03-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
[youtube]
=T1409sXBleg[youtube]
That smarmy little twerp just drones on and on and on..........Boy how wrong that this guy has turned out to be.......

[youtube]
=OHDASkfrFUg[youtube]

Romney looks like a freakin' genius now, doesn't he??

I regular Nostradomus!! Wow...........

And this President wants to take our troop levels down to PRE-WWII LEVELS!!!!!!!!!
Uhh...pre WW2 we didn't have things like Nukes, fighter jets, drones, or aircraft carriers.

We have that stuff now. Don't need as many troops

Old 03-03-2014, 07:41 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,860,933 times
Nostradamus, no. Wiser to the world than Obama, yes.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:43 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Obama and hillary prove their competence in foreign policy...

""You don't call Russia our No. 1 enemy -- not al Qaeda, Russia -- unless you're still stuck in a Cold War mind warp," President Barack Obama said at the Democratic National Convention last September."

Was Mitt Romney right about Detroit and Russia? - CNN.com

Hillary clinton criticizes Romeny on cold war remarks..

Clinton criticizes Romney's remarks on Russia – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

"Secretary of State Hillary Clinton hit back Sunday against Mitt Romney's comments this week that Russia is America's main "geopolitical foe."

Labeling Romney's words as "dated, "Clinton said in an interview with CNN there were more pressing matters of concern in global affairs.

"I think it's somewhat dated to be looking backwards instead of being realistic about where we agree, where we don't agree, "Clinton told CNN foreign affairs correspondent Jill Dougherty............."

Our country is in the hands of a novelty election winner and a soon to be novelty election winner with no idea of leadership and a distorted view of foreign affairs. Soon all presidential announcements will be made from Brussels to compliment the Euro weaponized Euro rhetoric as a post scipt translating into the words. 'yeah, what they said'.

Then again Hillary said when the phone rang at 3am...'what does it matter'..this is apparently her answer to every foreign dust up.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
Nostradamus, no. Wiser to the world than Obama, yes.
So if Romney was the president, what would be different about this crisis?

Putin would be afraid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies