Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 02:36 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The baker DOES making wedding cakes. Since cakes do not have a sexual orientation, he was refusing service based on the sexual orientation of the people buying the cake which is against the law of the state he operates in.

Nothing inconsistent in my statements at all. Sexual orientation is a protected class in some states. Political views isn't.
The baker makes traditional wedding cakes for the marriage of a man and a woman. You and others are outraged that he and many others refuse to acknowledge, recognize or accept two same sex individuals as ever being “married”. Suing the baker and putting hard working decent people out of business is bullying and silencing those who will never agree with you and the homosexual agenda.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:38 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
The baker makes traditional wedding cakes for the marriage of a man and a woman. You and others are outraged that he and many others refuse to acknowledge, recognize or accept two same sex individuals as ever being “married”. Suing the baker and putting hard working decent people out of business is bullying and silencing those who will never agree with you and the homosexual agenda.
What's a traditional wedding cake look like? And how is it different from a cake that would be at a gay wedding?

Old 03-04-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
What's a traditional wedding cake look like? And how is it different from a cake that would be at a gay wedding?
It’s a cake used in the marriage ceremony joining a man and woman in marriage i.e. traditional normal marriage with a bride and groom.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
It’s a cake used in the marriage ceremony joining a man and woman in marriage i.e. traditional normal marriage with a bride and groom.
But there is no difference in the actual cake? So what does the cake maker have to do with the wedding? If my cake maker wasn't a family member, I wouldn't have invited them to my wife and I's straight marriage.

Making a cake is a business transaction, not a religious transaction, which seems to be a concept you struggle to grasp.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:45 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,848,992 times
Quote:
Let me explain it in simple terms for you:

1. Stir up cake mix, eggs, flour and water in a mixing bowl.
2. Pour batter into cake pan.
3. Bake in hot oven.
4. Remove cake from oven, and cake from pan.
5. Frost cake to suit.

What's so hard about that, that gets this baker into such a tizzy? Are his beliefs really so shaky that making such cake for the "wrong" people has become such an issue?

Old 03-04-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
But there is no difference in the actual cake? So what does the cake maker have to do with the wedding? If my cake maker wasn't a family member, I wouldn't have invited them to my wife and I's straight marriage.

Making a cake is a business transaction, not a religious transaction, which seems to be a concept you struggle to grasp.
For that matter homosexual couples can simply go to the myriad of bakers, which comprise the vast majority, that are homosexual friendly. It is that easy. No muss, no fuss, no drama, and nobody goes out of business.

You want to force people to play along with the notion of two same sex individuals as a "married" couple and you cannot stand that not everyone is ever going to be receptive to this notion, especially the religious with which the homosexual has a particular bone to pick. Why not get the cake baked happily and willingly or is it that you actually prefer bullying and forcing people?

Old 03-04-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
For that matter homosexual couples can simply go to the myriad of bakers, which comprise the vast majority, that are homosexual friendly. It is that easy. No muss, no fuss, no drama, and nobody goes out of business.

You want to force people to play along with the notion of two same sex individuals as a "married" couple and you cannot stand that not everyone is ever going to be receptive to this notion, especially the religious with which the homosexual has a particular bone to pick. Why not get the cake baked happily and willingly or is it that you actually prefer bullying and forcing people?
If they are paying customers, who is forcing them to bake a cake? Also, why do they have to check their religion to bake a cake? That seems silly. Do you need to check your religion when you bake things?

Basically all I have gotten from this is that there is zero difference between a gay cake and a straight cake other than who is getting married, which the cake maker isn't being asked to attend the wedding, just preform a service that they are being paid for.

If religion prevents you from doing business, then maybe doing business isn't the right fit for you.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:00 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,848,992 times
Quote:
... especially the religious with which the homosexual has a particular bone to pick. Why not get the cake baked happily and willingly or is it that you actually prefer bullying and forcing people?
Gee I wonder why?

You people have made it easy for those of us who used to be on the fence on this issue to make up our minds.

The bile and rhetoric posted on this forum hasn't done anything to further your cause. Quite the opposite.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
What's so hard about that, that gets this baker into such a tizzy?
The baker and many others believe that marriage is a man and woman, the unifying of the two sexes, and he is being forced to go against his religious convictions. Homosexual militants do not understand the faithful and instead ridicule, mock and otherwise insult those who are.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
The baker and many others believe that marriage is a man and woman, the unifying of the two sexes, and he is being forced to go against his religious convictions. Homosexual militants do not understand the faithful and instead ridicule, mock and otherwise insult those who are.
If you hand someone money to make a cake, how are they being forced?

Also, is this a "traditional" cake or a gay cake?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-04-2014 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: hotlinking/copyright
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies