Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 02:33 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Not all gays support gay marriage. You can't impute a political belief to somebody based on a stereotype.

If you're going to discriminate against somebody based on a political belief he holds, you have to have been told by him that that is his political belief.
Yea right. Find one homosexual that doesn't support gay marriage.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:47 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Exactly. They slander anyone who disagrees with them hateful and bigoted ,even though that's almost never the case. They are the real intolerant ones. DISAGREEING with a particular LIFESTYLE does NOT equal hate.
Who cares what they agree or disagree with? Their actions are what matter. This does concern business practices, remember?

Old 03-04-2014, 04:12 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I realize that having certain religious beliefs does not automatically make one a bigot.
I also realize that having certain religious beliefs sometimes does automatically make one a bigot.

You don't seem to realize the second is possible.
That's good. Then maybe you should stop labeling those who disapprove of homosexuality as "bigots."

What religious beliefs encourages bigotry?

Old 03-04-2014, 04:15 PM

372 posts, read 1,043,303 times
Quote:
So refusing service based upon a political position is alright? So I guess you were wrong in attacking that Christian Bakery because they NEVER refused services to gays based on their lifestyle, they ONLY refused service when the lesbians brought up their gay wedding, which as you just admitted, is strictly a political position. Therefore the Christian Bakery was not wrong in it's refusal, and they should be the ones suing people forffalse discrimination accusations that closed their business.

Remember when I talked about holes in your arguments? This is why, your hypocrisy ruins every argument you guys try to make.
Not necessarily alright, but legal. If you feel that those with outspoken political views, need discrimination protection, petition state and local officials and get it done.

When I was in management, some 20 years ago, I refused to consider a job applicant with felony record. Was that discrimination? By pure definition, yes. Legally, in that state, at that time, no.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:26 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Lol this is not what you said before. Now you're backtracking. Look you guys are hypocrites, plain and simple. Before you said it's wrong for a business to refuse service to others for any reason, you called them bigots. Well now the reverse has happened and you defend it! Talk about a lack of character. The only bigots this whole time has been from gay activists such as yourselves who bully religious people around.

Hypocrites of the highest level! Denying it is pointless because everyon who iisn't blinded by their hypocritical biases can see it.
For ANY reason? Nobody said any such thing. Show me a post where anyone said that.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:49 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
That's good. Then maybe you should stop labeling those who disapprove of homosexuality as "bigots."
I don't label those who disapprove of homosexuality as bigots. It's certainly possible to disapprove of homosexuality without being a bigot. I label those who use their disapproval of homosexuality as a basis for advocating the mistreatment - both in private associations and under the law - of gay people.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:53 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
So now disagreeing with gay "marriage" is the same as being a member of the KKK or a Neo-Nazi according to the left.
Where did that poster even say such a thing? They didn't, so you need to learn how to read more carefully. They only said that neither are "protected classes," as categories such as religion, race, gender, etc, are. Please show us where they "compared" disagreement with gay marriage to Nazism... you can't, can you?

Quote:
More proof that self-styled "tolerant" liberals really are the most intolerant people on earth.
Sooo, should we take your comment as more proof that conservatives can't read, and have knee-jerk reactions with no reasonable basis?

Old 03-04-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
He is straight. You cannot deny him service.
I really hope you aren't a lawyer or lawmaker, LOL.

This isn't how the law works, or absolutely NOBODY would be allowed to deny service to ANYONE for any reason. Considering gender is a protected class, by your logic 100% of humans (even inter-sex) on this earth would fall under "must serve no matter what." The laws don't say you cannot refuse service to a gay/straight person, it only states you cannot deny service BASED on these characteristics.

To put it more simply, I can refuse a gay person service for any reason other than being gay. So if a homosexual walks into my establishment with no shoes or shirt, I can point to the "no shoes, no shirts, no service" health code laws as a basis for ejecting them... but if they were dressed and behaving properly, I could NOT refuse them simply because "you're gay and I don't like gays." Get it now?

Old 03-04-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
/Herp

/Derp
Thanks for making me LOL when I'm supposed to be working...

(summers REALLY doesn't get it, does she??)

Old 03-04-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
How do you know this? And by the way, disagreeing with homosexuals as they demand "their right to marry" does not make one "anti-"gay."" It means we disagree that marriage should be anything other than between a man and a woman. Period.
You can disagree all you want, even say you disagree - nobody is prohibiting that, are they? But when you run or operate a PUBLIC-serving business, your personal feelings still don't trump the laws. I disagree with Christianity (as a general belief), yet that doesn't give me the right or desire to refuse services to Christians. And while some of you might think only the gay community likes making a stink, how fast would I be challenged & called an intolerant law-breaker if I did refuse to serve Christians? Faster than you can say "hypocrite," I imagine, and deservedly so.

Funny how I often hear people claim gays should "leave their personal life at home," but then we hear people saying personal life/beliefs SHOULD be taken to work? Which side do you agree with here, or are you contradictory on this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies