Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 02:05 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Do you have a car? Do you have the free time? Do you have money to hire someone to watch your kids? Then it's easy for you. Not necessarily easy for everyone else.
It is amazing people can even figure how to breathe without the help of the government

Maybe you should try and pass a law requiring people take at least one breath every 30 seconds, that should solve all the problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 02:36 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Do you have a car? Do you have the free time? Do you have money to hire someone to watch your kids? Then it's easy for you. Not necessarily easy for everyone else.

Its called responsibilities, try it sometime . What you are trying to reach for is WEAK , just like you. Go home your drunk.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:27 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
More here

This is why we need ID's to vote with verification they are citizens.
Okay... they registered to vote at the same time they were getting... wait for it... drivers licenses which are picture IDs.

So, explain to me exactly how Voter ID laws would have made a difference here? Exactly?

Old 03-07-2014, 10:48 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
More here

This is why we need ID's to vote with verification they are citizens.
So has this changed any election?

Old 03-08-2014, 08:40 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Where exactly do you get a free id card? Oh you mean the one that many people have to pay a lot of money to get the required documents for? Thats only available in some states?

Or do you mean in states where there IS no free id?

The unfamiliarity with reality is strong in this one......
Funny how people are able to get ID's in order to purchase items and prove their ID, but why not to vote.

This isn't the 1860's or 1960's. Even very poor people need to have ID's. Without a doubt the dems aren't pushing for ID voter laws because they're aware of the fraud that votes dems all the time.

In the meantime it's the dems keeping the poor man down. Tell me what major dem controlled city is truly better off than it was 30 years ago without the influx of gentification?

Old 03-08-2014, 09:04 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Why are liberals in such a panic ? Its just a simple ID that can be easily obtained if you are a legal resident.
Because poll taxes are unconstitutional.

"Panic" has nothing to do with it.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:21 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post

Well in that theory , so are ALL the other taxes we pay.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:47 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post

This.

Give people sufficient time to dig up documentation that may be stuck in safe deposit boxes on the other side of the country and make the IDs free and let people know that it's free (as opposed to hiding that fact like the Republicans in Wisconsin did), and I have no problem with requiring ID to vote.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:49 AM

493 posts, read 783,510 times
mr holder is suing the state of north carolina over its voter i.d. laws.

there is no charge for the state issued voter i.d. in NC. therefore, it is no more a poll tax than any previous method of showing proper i.d. for registering to vote are poll taxes. that is to say, it is not a poll tax. period.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:54 AM

493 posts, read 783,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
This.

Give people sufficient time to dig up documentation that may be stuck in safe deposit boxes on the other side of the country and make the IDs free and let people know that it's free (as opposed to hiding that fact like the Republicans in Wisconsin did), and I have no problem with requiring ID to vote.
the citizens north carolina had 3 years notice to get their affairs in order and obtain their FREE state voter i.d.

whereas obamacare gave american citizens only three MONTHS notice from when the law was passed to when registration, read: proper i.d., would be required
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies