Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 05:19 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times

Advertisements

For the last four or five days all you hear about on the major news networks is Russia, Russia, Russia.....

One thing I have not heard at all, is any reason why this concerns the United States in the least, or why we should be doing anything about it.

Maybe it's just my own grossly uneducated, uninformed opinion, but it seems to me that this whole thing is the United States once again, trying to exert some imaginary authority that it in fact does not have, and impose the way it thinks the world should operate on others. In other words, once again, it tries to be the worlds police.

Someone please straighten me out on this. Tell me why the United States has any biusiness in this. What am I missing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 06:08 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,552,941 times
[quote=WhipperSnapper 88;33771226]For the last four or five days all you hear about on the major news networks is Russia, Russia, Russia.....

One thing I have not heard at all, is any reason why this concerns the United States in the least, or why we should be doing anything about it.

Maybe it's just my own grossly uneducated, uninformed opinion, but it seems to me that this whole thing is the United States once again, trying to exert some imaginary authority that it in fact does not have, and impose the way it thinks the world should operate on others. In other words, once again, it tries to be the worlds police.

Someone please straighten me out on this. Tell me why the United States has any biusiness in this. What am I missing?[/quote

The Billion dollars Obama just gave them?

Seriously, maybe you should just do some research on the topic?

Old 03-06-2014, 06:15 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Do you eat bananas?

CIA and Assassinations: The Guatemala 1954 Documents
the CIA has finally declassified some 1400 pages of over 100,000 estimated to be in its secret archives on the Guatemalan destabilization program.
You are wondering what the best farmland in the world during a green fuel boom has to do with the US?

Well not the US, just some venal fat slob who wants his claim enforced by the US military.

In the US plain English is an encryption algorithm apparently . In 50 years we will be able to read about the Ukrainian destabilization program.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:33 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
For the last four or five days all you hear about on the major news networks is Russia, Russia, Russia.....

Someone please straighten me out on this. Tell me why the United States has any biusiness in this. What am I missing?
You are not missing anything at all. Ignore all this nonsense and avoid all news if possible.
Every time you hear any disturbing news - Click your heels together 3 times and repeat "we are not the world's police, the world loves and admires us. Our Fearless Leader will take care of us".
Everything will be fine. Not to worry.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:35 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:

The right-wing has a huge man-crush on Putin, because Putin is an adversary of Obama, a proponent of religion, guns, and anti-gay legislation.

The irony is that Putin is essentially a dictator with a goal of making Russia the former totalitarian regime it used to be.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:43 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,111,688 times
You are missing nothing. The US needs to stay out of this.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:43 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
After 50 some years of the clusterfluck of American foreign policies the USA has NO business or credibility telling Russia what to do. PERIOD!!!!

Old 03-06-2014, 09:03 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
The neocons of both parties are drooling at the prospect of another war. Fortunately the American people are not falling for it, just as we did not fall for the proposed Syria intervention.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:04 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
The irony is that Putin is essentially a dictator with a goal of making Russia the former totalitarian regime it used to be.
Again I ask, how is that any of the United States business?

Old 03-06-2014, 09:27 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,844,038 times
Quote:

Easy peasy: after illegally raping Iraq on false pretenses without a UN resolution we decided to up the ante, pretend it all never happened and that the world was born last year. It's a clean slate and we have amnesia. Good enough answer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies