Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 10:53 AM

872 posts, read 828,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
And some here seem to not understand that it doesn't matter what color the person is that set this up and sent the email. Its racist. Now the fact that she is gay and the offended group is white, probably is the reason she wont be fired.
I did not see anywhere that she is gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 10:55 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
I did not see anywhere that she is gay.
The Lez Occupy on her Facebook page and her get up is a good give away. Sure, I could be wrong, but highly unlikely.

But it would be one of the reasons they would not dare fire her.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:58 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
She said it could have been worded differently, but she maintains the staff members of color would have a more honest discussion about race without white employees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
By honest she means a meet to complain how tough they have it and how white people are the cause of all their problems.....
Wow, the OP proves her point in his very first post. You nullify your entire premise right from the start. Nicely done.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:01 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I have seen this often on forums. Are you folks saying Black people have no color? What color should we be referred as?
The reference is meant as a joke involving semantics and using the technical definition of color.

It's essentially mocking the entire "people of color" meme when it's used to mean "everybody but white people".

Old 03-13-2014, 11:01 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
He is arguing the actual definition of color rather than the cultural definition of it.

Kind of like when someone calls another person gay, and that person says, " well yes, i am a very happy person", because gay technically means happy.

Its more about him being a smart***** than it is anything else.

Gotcha. It's what I thought, just wanted the poster to clarify.

I still think this "outrage" here is unnecessary. After all, it is a community college. (No offense). Reprimand the person and be done with it.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:02 AM

128 posts, read 122,961 times
I love the outcry for this to be on national news...so people can point to this as an example of minorities all being racists against "white people."

So this ignorant group of idiots from some crappy community college excluding whites to their meeting is going to be the rallying cry of white victimization? I'm neither white or black, but it seems like both are really accepting of this new victim mentality.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Wow, the OP proves her point in his very first post. You nullify your entire premise right from the start. Nicely done.
I didnt nullify anything. This thread isnt a diversity meaning. Its a discussion on this incident. Im not sitting here discussing with other races about diversity.

And her email throws away any valid reason she should have anything to do with a diversity meeting by calling whites racist and telling them to start their own "white supremacy" meeting. With comments like that, one should assume that her idea of a diversity meeting is to talk about how awful most whites are. My point was valid.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:04 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
That is if you assume that the random assertions of internet posters reflect what you might expect to hear from the staff of a college.

Regardless, with all this handwaving aside it boils down to this....

Do you agree that a college should have a meeting with the upfront statement "No White People Allowed"?

Yes or no?

Old 03-13-2014, 11:05 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_loper View Post
I love the outcry for this to be on national news...so people can point to this as an example of minorities all being racists against "white people."

So this ignorant group of idiots from some crappy community college excluding whites to their meeting is going to be the rallying cry of white victimization? I'm neither white or black, but it seems like both are really accepting of this new victim mentality.
What are you talking about the other side does the same with media backing all the time. Some dumb issue blown out of proportion............I guess we are just supposed to ignore it though right? What about the CBC. Is that racist?

Old 03-13-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_loper View Post

It should be national because if this was against black people, it damn well would have been. And someone would've been fired. There is a huge double standard and the reporting on these type of things needs to be fair and balanced, and they seldom are. Any time the media can promote the race card, they do. But when things are a tad bit different, they keep their mouths shut and seldom report on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies