Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 09:28 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Trolling??? I've been here for a while and got the rep and awards to prove it. I've just learned over my years here that somethings aren't worth debating. Lets be honest, I'm going to to counter your points with how it's better to discuss race issues among minorities and you're going to tell me I'm wrong and hypocrite. Than eventually we'll all lead to name calling and someone [most likely me] will receive an infraction and you will will pat yourselves on the back and go on about your lives. Been there; done that.
Then we should accept to see no more silly posts from you on this topic I assume. Good. Bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 09:28 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Go to your ritzy country club and tell me how many people of color are there.
Obviously you miss the point.........

Old 03-13-2014, 09:33 AM

16,553 posts, read 10,618,310 times
Quote:
Go to your ritzy country club and tell me how many people of color are there.
If my ritzy country club is funded by the citizens though their tax dollars, then I would expect to see its membership reflective of the area's demographic makeup (assuming, of course, that the desire to play golf in hoity-toity surroundings is equal among the various racial groups). If it's a private club, then as far as I'm concerned it can have as many or as few "people of color" as its membership desires. (Freedom of association includes the freedom not to associate.)

Old 03-13-2014, 09:33 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,204,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Then we should accept to see no more silly posts from you on this topic I assume. Good. Bye.
I will post wherever and whenever I feel like and if you don't like it. Deal.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:36 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
If my ritzy country club is funded by the citizens though their tax dollars, then I would expect to see its membership reflective of the area's demographic makeup (assuming, of course, that the desire to play golf in hoity-toity surroundings is equal among the various racial groups). If it's a private club, then as far as I'm concerned it can have as many or as few "people of color" as its membership desires. (Freedom of association includes the freedom not to associate.)

Wait. Just so I understand this.

If these kids did the same thing at Duke or Stanford, which are private schools, you wouldn't have a problem, correct? You just don't like it because this school is public, right?

Old 03-13-2014, 09:36 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
So did anyone take the time to check on Karama Blackhorn?

That's "her" on the left. She's certainly no black woman.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:39 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,005 times
game changer themoreyouknow.

these whites cant attack blacks anymore, and if they do it proves there bias.

this was a white female who allowed this to happen. all attacks should go against her, even though i personally have no problem with the event.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:44 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
So did anyone take the time to check on Karama Blackhorn?

That's "her" on the left. She's certainly no black woman.

So? What does that change? Nothing. What happened was wrong. The email sent was racist.

And if you go the this weirdos facebook, she is clearly far left.

You act as if since she is white, that it changes anything? Does she represent all white people so if other whites wanted to attend, too bad?!

Old 03-13-2014, 09:44 AM

16,553 posts, read 10,618,310 times
Quote:
Wait. Just so I understand this.

If these kids did the same thing at Duke or Stanford, which are private schools, you wouldn't have a problem, correct? You just don't like it because this school is public, right?
Duke and Stanford receive public funding. If they didn't, I would still be annoyed at the underlying racism of a "no whites allowed" event, but I wouldn't be as upset about it because they wouldn't be funding their racism with my tax dollars.

I hope this helps to clarify my position.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:47 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,204,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Duke and Stanford receive public funding. If they didn't, I would still be annoyed at the underlying racism of a "no whites allowed" event, but I wouldn't be as upset about it because they wouldn't be funding their racism with my tax dollars.

I hope this helps to clarify my position.
No, you still sound hypocritical. Keep talking and maybe we'll be convinced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies