Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 05:09 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,600,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Then your both nuts. I guess you folks think that teenage girls are gonna just screw anybody and everybody. That is not reality.....but liberals have no bearing on reality so you do what you do. However if you put them in a situation things will happen...........kinda like a situation where you let their friggen boyfriend spend the night. Where are the boys parents? I don't nor would I let my kid spend the night at his girls house. What is wrong with you folks?
Of course he shouldn't have been there. Of course, the girl shouldn't have invited him there.

Still doesn't deserve the death penalty.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:11 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,507,301 times
Quote:
Then your both nuts. I guess you folks think that teenage girls are gonna just screw anybody and everybody. That is not reality.....but liberals have no bearing on reality so you do what you do. However if you put them in a situation things will happen...........kinda like a situation where you let their friggen boyfriend spend the night. Where are the boys parents? I don't nor would I let my kid spend the night at his girls house. What is wrong with you folks?
Nothing's wrong, but I'm not a Christian, therefore I do not believe in chastity as an ideal, and therefore I have no reason to want to enforce the same. What's confusing about that? Why would I enforce moral rules I don't accept?

Old 03-14-2014, 05:13 PM

21,506 posts, read 10,632,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaraka66 View Post
Oh, you don't believe in justice for the boys father ? With purity balls etc one will find that xtians and Muslims have a lot more in common than we non believers. Xtians have never relished killing for the sake of it ? might I suggest a touch of reading of history might be in order.
That's just ridiculous. The difference between Christians and Muslims is that Christians stopped killing nonbelievers centuroes ago, but Muslims are doing it right now as we speak. Look at Syria, Libya, Somolia, Yemen, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia. To compare a father accidentally killing a boy he thought was raping his daughter to honor killing is stupid.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:15 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,600,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Guilty until proven innocent, no facts just speculation, one of the problems with people and our justice system today. I hope you never have to serve jury duty for the sake of justice.
Indeed. The boy who was apparently INVITED in - was also guilty until proven innocent. No facts, just speculation - and he got the death penalty.

So a few people on an anymous internet message board want to discuss it - so?

Quote:
Pappy should have just beat the snot out of him...........that is that. Shooting him was out of hand. Yes he will be in jail for a long time and won't be able to watch his daughter grow up. Sad story indeed.
Quote:
I would have had my piece with me too............but you don't just go shoot somebody. I have a 14yo daughter and every time her mouth opens she is lying.......lol........so I wouldn't have just walked in and shot this kid........I'd find out what the hell is going on. But it appears he is gonna skate and his baby (tramp) girl will keep on doing what she is doing.
You know, I can get on board with beating the crap of him (possibly both) - but I can't get on board with killing him.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:16 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,507,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That's just ridiculous. The difference between Christians and Muslims is that Christians stopped killing nonbelievers centuroes ago, but Muslims are doing it right now as we speak. Look at Syria, Libya, Somolia, Yemen, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia. To compare a father accidentally killing a boy he thought was raping his daughter to honor killing is stupid.
If that's the way it happened. I think chances of it being an honor killing versus the guy's story being true are about 50/50.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:17 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,780,005 times
I'm pro-gun, but this case stinks............From the age of 16 to 18, I snuck my girlfriend out and into her room multiple times a week. She insisted and would get mad, if more then a few days went by and we did not mess around. Yeah, I was a horn dog of a lad myself, so not blaming her. Her dad was a retired Army boot camp drill Sargent and mean as a rabid dog. He caught me one time and even he did not shoot me. Threatened to whip my ass and slammed me into the wall, but no shooting. He knew his daughter, lol.

This gives gun owners a bad mark. No reason to shot the kid.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:17 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,055,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Nothing's wrong, but I'm not a Christian, therefore I do not believe in chastity as an ideal, and therefore I have no reason to want to enforce the same. What's confusing about that? Why would I enforce moral rules I don't accept?
Well there is no chastity but aint no kid spending the night in my daughters room when she is under age. You are crazy if you allow that. What exactly are you teaching your children? I guess nothing. Good work.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:18 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,873,537 times
Quote:
Is it not reasonable to assume the boy's parents likely thought their son was in his room, asleep?

Many kids were doing this sort of thing back when I was in high school, a million years ago. Some got caught. Most did not. None of them were killed.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:19 PM

5,670 posts, read 5,104,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaraka66 View Post
might I suggest a touch of reading of history might be in order.
You might. I would suggest a reading of recent history, say starting in the first half of September of 2001.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:20 PM

21,506 posts, read 10,632,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
If that's the way it happened. I think chances of it being an honor killing versus the guy's story being true are about 50/50.
I'm not denying the possibility, but the police seem to believe his story, so I'm guessing they have more information than we do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies