Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 08:28 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
“I understand why the richest 1% vote Republican,” Maher continued. “They deserve those votes. They represent the richest 1% perfectly. Anybody else who does, just corporate America’s useful idiots.”

Maher on GOP Voters: ‘Corporate America’s Useful Idiots’ | Mediaite
I'm pretty sure Warren Buffet voted fro Obama, considering he endorsed him..

When will you just stop posting this crap and then celebrating it being accurate when its a complete outright lie?

I'm embarassed for you..

Old 03-17-2014, 08:29 AM

115 posts, read 135,298 times
Been saying that for decades

Fine work, Bill...

Old 03-17-2014, 08:35 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,706 times
The man is getting more and more desperate. He's a hypocrite anyway, he works for a big media corporation that pays him millions to be a TV atheist troll on a network hardly anyone subscribes to.

I think Democratic Voters are Hollywood's useful idiots. All these Liberal celebrities tell people how to vote and they do it accordingly. Monkey see, monkey do. It's far easier being a liberal than it is being a conservative because the Liberal Establishment will always tell you how to think and how to feel through their control of pop culture.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:37 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Investor Five View Post
Been saying that for decades

Fine work, Bill...
How do you explain Bills high 5ng of the rising stock market claiming its because Obama was so successful? Wouldnt that represent Bill Maher and Obama as being a corporate idiot he so attacks the GOP for being?

Old 03-17-2014, 09:48 AM

310 posts, read 256,490 times
Kind of funny coming from this idiot, considering how corporatist the Democrats are themselves. Don't let this moron get it twisted, both sides are useful idiots voting for corporatism on both sides.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:18 AM

924 posts, read 667,609 times
Maher has a point to an extent: single issue voters like the evangelicals vote in far right deregulationists all because they quoted scripture at their campaign rallies.

That said, both Republicans and Democrats, from city council up to the Presidency, are owned by corporate America.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:23 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Good segment and and I agree

On Sunday morning, Meet the Press’ Harry Smith profiled Bill Maher during the comedian’s red state tour, and found him just as pugnacious about the GOP’s “useful idiots” on their home turf as he is on his HBO show.

“In the last twenty years, it’s not really been a choice,” Maher said as to whether Democrats or Republicans were more to blame for the country’s current malaise. “They just drove the short bus to crazy town.”

“I understand why the richest 1% vote Republican,” Maher continued. “They deserve those votes. They represent the richest 1% perfectly. Anybody else who does, just corporate America’s useful idiots.”

And yet he always misses how the same 1% are pandering to Obama and the dems to get their free slice of the pie, thru taxpayer funded subsides, grants, tax breaks and loan guarantees... all of which Obama is handing out in record numbers.

Obama is the biggest offender to crony capitalism this nation has ever seen, and Maher and his ilk are too partisan to admit it. I'm at least giving them the credit for having enough intelligence to see it.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:25 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
Maher has a point to an extent: single issue voters like the evangelicals vote in far right deregulationists all because they quoted scripture at their campaign rallies.

That said, both Republicans and Democrats, from city council up to the Presidency, are owned by corporate America.
Not all of them, and some definitely more then others. The current leadership in Washington for both parties certainly are sellouts.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:28 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What big corporations secretly like is more regulations and increased barriers to entry, providing there is no foreign competition. Now ask yourself which party favors more regulations. Now ask yourself what the end result is if more regulations lead to foreign competitors getting more business.

Bill Maher's credentials from Wiki:

I ain't impressed. Maybe ya can quote Octomom and Snooki next.

Does not Bill work for corporate America?

Just like Bill corporate America gives me a paycheck and produces goods and services I purchase. Democrats are government's useful idiots.
Corporate America are the ones who sent all of Americas high paying manufacturing jobs to Asia (so they could get cheaper labor.) That's why you can't find a tv, dvd player, or cell phone made in America.

Corporate America is also responsible for most low wage jobs in America.
Low-Wage Workers Employed Mostly By Large, Highly Profitable Corporations: Report

And large corporations only create 25% of America's new jobs, its small and medium sized businesses that create 75% of Americas new jobs.
https://www.stlouisfed.org/publicati...icles/?id=2087

Last edited by chad3; 03-17-2014 at 11:50 AM..

Old 03-17-2014, 07:50 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Good segment and and I agree

On Sunday morning, Meet the Press’ Harry Smith profiled Bill Maher during the comedian’s red state tour, and found him just as pugnacious about the GOP’s “useful idiots” on their home turf as he is on his HBO show.

“In the last twenty years, it’s not really been a choice,” Maher said as to whether Democrats or Republicans were more to blame for the country’s current malaise. “They just drove the short bus to crazy town.”

Bill is so spot on. And it is why the Dumbing Down of America is calculated, targeted, and highly effective. Today's Republican voter is almost zombie-like, believing exactly what they are told by Rush/Beck/Hannity/Breitbart etc., etc., doing, and voting, how they are told, repeating FOX News bullet points like Pavlov's dog slobbering at the dinner bell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies