Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2014, 12:38 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
That is why I feel we should butt out! Let those on that side of the world sort it out! We cannot afford any longer to play the damn world cop! It's time to get our own damn house in order over here!
I agree! If that is being isolationist, so be it! We are sinking in a cesspool of debt, and we simply cannot afford to spend any more money on or in countries half a world away!
As long as there is ONE PERSON in this country going hungry, we should be supporting that person before supporting ANY foreign country!
SELL them arms and ammunition? You bet! GIVE them arms and ammunition? NO WAY!
Give food and medicine to THE PEOPLE? OK. GIVE anything to a government? Again, NO WAY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 12:39 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
And this thread clearly shows whose side they're on: Putin's.
Why does everything have to be about "taking sides" with some of you people with your schoolyard mentality??

Old 03-18-2014, 12:41 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
He should have kept his mouth shut. Notice the leaders in Europe aren't spouting all these threats and red lines.
The most powerful man in the world can almost say whatever he wants to...

Old 03-18-2014, 12:41 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
LOL. Good one. (You were joking, right? Because this is really funny!)
^^^ This.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:42 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Quote:
Exactly. If we were to get into a military conflict on Russia's side of the world, we'd get our a**es handed to us. I suspect it would be the same if it were reverse. Those who are clamoring for a conflict, are you willing spill the blood of a lot of Americans over Ukraine? I'm not. I know a lot of folks are trying to equate this with Hitler and Germany's power grab referencing Sudentland and all. However; if I'm not mistaken Criminea voted for seccession from the Ukraine. Where as Hitler's power grab was not! Furthermore, it took the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor for us to enter the war, and only after the bombing of Pearl Harbor did Hitler declare war on the US. But I digress. If those in Criminea are stupid enough to want to be under Russia's umbrella, then let them. They get what they deserve. We should not be involved.

"Sudentland" and "Criminea"??
Where are these countries?

Old 03-18-2014, 12:43 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I agree! If that is being isolationist, so be it! We are sinking in a cesspool of debt, and we simply cannot afford to spend any more money on or in countries half a world away!
As long as there is ONE PERSON in this country going hungry, we should be supporting that person before supporting ANY foreign country!
SELL them arms and ammunition? You bet! GIVE them arms and ammunition? NO WAY!
Give food and medicine to THE PEOPLE? OK. GIVE anything to a government? Again, NO WAY!

I mean, I feel bad for those countries and all, and the hard times that they sometimes fall on. However; we have our own issues. Now, a full force invasion by the Russians on US soil, and you wouldn't need to recruit my a**, as I would have no issue defending my land. But enough is enough with sending Americans to die in foreign lands when we have our own problems here.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
QFT. Some people can't understand why the rest of the world isn't as taken with us as we are with ourselves.
Yup. We have been on the decline for sometime now. How far do we need to fall for that wake up call?

Old 03-18-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Why are you so condescending?

Six F-15s are a pitiful purely symbolic move. Put A-10s in Poland and bring armor back to Europe. It'll be costly, but if we don't want to give Europe over to the Russians we'll have to pay the price. I don't think we will though. I think Obama will fail to act.
Europe is comprised of over 45 countries. You really think Putin is capable of overtaking all of them?

Old 03-18-2014, 12:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It`s quite appropriate to talk about Bush and his reaction to Putin in Georgia. This isn`t the old Soviet Union where we scrub our embarrassments from the history books.
Removing the part about Bush and the Beijing Olympics as irrelevant, I agree. And so do some on FOX:
Powers on GOP Criticism: 'They Didn't Call Bush Weak When Russia Invaded Georgia' | Fox News Insider

Old 03-18-2014, 12:49 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Those who keep bringing nukes up into the subject seriously wants to use them.
No, I really don't think any sane person would want nukes used. Who the heck would want that? I think when people write that, they are doing the usual dance to the extreme because that's how they are used to responding. You say one thing, they take it to the extreme in their reply, as if that's what you were implying that you wanted. It's stupid, yes, but I don't think anyone actually wants nukes used.

Quote:
I can assure you that I sure as Hell don't want nukes being used over Ukraine which is half a world away!
How about not anywhere. At all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
We all hope that nuclear weapons are never used ever again anywhere. But....
But nothing. I don't believe anyone wants nukes used. Perhaps people on both sides can stop accusing the other side of wanting nukes. That's not even reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
QFT. Some people can't understand why the rest of the world isn't as taken with us as we are with ourselves.
What does "QFT" mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies