Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 05:23 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,445,216 times

Advertisements

This country is due a good strong president who knows what he is doing. I say he, because I hope against hope Hillary Clinton doesn't get the job. That would be three duds in a row and that's 3 too many. I've been told I don't like Obama because he's black, which is not true. I don't like him because he's incompetent and a weenie, which also fits his predecessor. Hillary's history does her in, imo. I don't know about Cruz. Maybe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 05:26 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,459 times
Don't forget Ted Cruz argued in court in favor of the 2003 Texas gerrymandering plan that diluted Mexican American voting power by packing them into a few districts so Republicans could win more seats. Mexican Americans won't forget that.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:42 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Only if Aunt Hilary, or Uncle Joe, had those honors and experience, they may have a chance.

Living off the name "clinton" is not experience. Hillary is the "kardashian" of politics.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:46 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
After the last big failure from Texas, I highly doubt Americans would want another.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:27 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
The person Cruz does not want to debate is Paul. Cruz has stood with the establishment more times then not where Paul will stand alone. Cruz just supported aid to the Ukraine for a billion dollars and by the way is not paid for. Real conservative and constitutional of him don't ya think?

Old 03-28-2014, 06:34 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Hillary will never have to debate Cruz. He has no conceivable chance of winning the Republican nomination.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:47 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Graduated cumlaude from Harvard.
primary editor of the Harvard Law review
I am reliably informed that those are useless achievements.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:48 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,366,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
Oh please nominate Cruz. That will be fun.
Oh yesssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Thanks.... I needed a laugh this Friday.

Maybe Canada can take back Cruz & Bieber.
Could they????????? Would they?????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If there is a god in heaven. I don't see them matching last years candidates which for the most part looked like the bar in Star Wars 1, Perry, Bachman, Cain.
^^^ Thanks for the laugh, best post of the day!

Old 03-28-2014, 07:36 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,593,562 times
He needs to debate himself,i think he will not survive the fist debate !!
He also needs to explain,why is he,not running in the Canadian elections ! lol !!

Old 03-28-2014, 08:05 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Hilary does not want to be embarrassed anymore than she already has.
I don't think she will run this coming general election.

Longest serving in history and first hispanic, former Solicitor General of the Great State of TEXAS and youngest ever in the USA.

Associate Deputy Attorney General at the US-DOJ
US Domestic Policy Advisor.
Adjunct Professor of Law at UT School of Law - Austin, where he taught U.S. Supreme Court litigation

Graduated cumlaude from Princeton, where he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year and Team of the Year (with his debate partner, David Panton) Cruz was also a semi-finalist at the 1995 World Universities Debating Championships, making him Princeton’s highest-ranked debater at the championship .Princeton's debate team later named their annual novice championship after Cruz.

Graduated cumlaude from Harvard.
primary editor of the Harvard Law review and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, also a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review

Has authored more than 80 US Supreme Court briefs and presented 43 oral arguments, including nine before the United States Supreme Court. Cruz's record of having argued before the Supreme Court nine times is more than any practicing lawyer in Texas, or any current member of Congress.

Heller vs. District of Columbia
Drafted the amicus brief signed by attorneys general of 31 states, which said that the D.C. handgun ban should be struck down as infringing upon the 2nd Amendment. Cruz also presented oral argument for the amici states in the companion case to Heller before the US Court of Appeals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Fk5Ga6wCM

I think she will run. She doesn't back down either. I bet she would love to debate Cruz, but she won't have to because he won't be the republican nominee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies