Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 04:40 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I think White Water should be brought up again. There was never any real resolution and a lot of questions still remain. I think they should go after her hard on Benghazi. Go after her record as secretary of state on the whole. Bill dalliances are of little significance in my mind other than material for SNL satire.
The special prosecutor, Ken Starr followed the Clinton's around for years and came up with nothing, if you're not satisfied and want to make sure that the republicans lose another election bring up White Water or Benghazi one more time. Over two years from the election and Paul is indicating that Hillary was complicit in her husbands affair with an intern. I'm not a Hillary fan but if that's all they have it's over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 04:40 PM

650 posts, read 514,117 times
my guess is hc is not going to run for president but loves the thought of it and so does the media for ratings and something to get you to watch or click on.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcanter View Post
my read is hc is not going to run for president but loves the thought of it and so does the media for ratings and something to get you to watch or click on.
I'm hoping Donald Trump throws his hair in the ring, I know it makes the GOP cringe but the networks would absolutely love the ratings.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:43 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Guess I remember the Ted Cruz treatment applied to Reagan, about this time in the game, too.
Your memory fails you. There is no similarity between the way Ted Cruz has been "treated" and how Reagan was treated, as the two are not similar in even the most vague manner.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:48 PM

650 posts, read 514,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I'm hoping Donald Trump throws his hair in the ring, I know it makes the GOP cringe but the networks would absolutely love the ratings.
good point , Why Romney was the choice for this culture at this time I will never know.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I think White Water should be brought up again.
It worked so well the last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker
There was never any real resolution and a lot of questions still remain.
The Independent Counsel's final report released in September 2000 concluded that "This office determined that the evidence was insufficient to prove to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt that either President or Mrs. Clinton knowingly participated in any criminal conduct."

Good luck with that.

Quote:
I think they should go after her hard on Benghazi. Go after her record as secretary of state on the whole.
The affection you seem to have for political ploys that have already failed previously is a fascinating statement on the actual lack of real issues you can come up with.

Quote:
Bill dalliances are of little significance in my mind other than material for SNL satire.
At least you got that one right.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:49 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Your memory fails you. There is no similarity between the way Ted Cruz has been "treated" and how Reagan was treated, as the two are not similar in even the most vague manner.

Seriously?

Is this some revisionist history?

Ford was the establishments guy. Reagan was this fringe Hollywood actor, that played second fiddle to a monkey.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Seriously?
Completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow
Is this some revisionist history?
Nope.

Quote:
Ford was the establishments guy.
Ford left the Presidency in 1977. There was a whole 'nother President between him and Reagan.

Quote:
Reagan was this fringe Hollywood actor, that played second fiddle to a monkey.
And Ford was the guy that Chevy Chase portrayed on SNL as a bumbling buffoon. Every candidate gets lampooned.

But Reagan was also the successful 2 term Governor of the largest state in the Union, and a powerhouse with the party establishment. He won the 1980 nomination on the first ballot running away at a time when Party Conventions still actually meant something.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Completely.

Nope.

Ford left the Presidency in 1977. There was a whole 'nother President between him and Reagan.

Who was in the primaries with Ford, when Carter won the General election?
Reagan was the fringe guy, as the media portrayed.

H.W Bush was the establishment guy(x-CIA). And leading early in the 1980 primaries
Reagan the most popular.

The media tried to tarnish Reagan again as they did in 76 and were pushing HW. Bush, for 80.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcanter View Post
good point , Why Romney was the choice for this culture at this time I will never know.
Yes, running a plutocrat after the 2008 meltdown was a great idea, I guess they hoped we had forgotten by 2012?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies