Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 06:23 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
This is why I don't want muslims in my community:

For the same reason I don't want Nazis and white supremacists.
The muslim religion denies basic rights to women and promotes genital mutilation of young girls, it promotes homophobia against gays (not to mention the torturing and killing of them), It promotes genocide and the total anhililation of Jews, and it promotes Islamic supremacy in the world. It denies basic freedoms such as parts of the internet and books it disagrees with in many of their countries. They are a hate-filled terrorist culture and are at war with some other culture in every corner of the world.

What's the difference between their beliefs and Nazis, KKK, or white supremists? Sadly, we aren't afraid to call out nazis and white supremacist for what their beliefs stand for, but are too scared of retribution to call out the muslim culture.

And please don't post it is only a few radicals ruining it for the rest of the peace-loving muslims
The problem is, none of this is true as an aggregate and spreading that kind of misinformation doesn't make you much better than a white supremacist or member of the KKK. Both groups have targeted my family and helped make my childhood uniquely challenging, but I don't blame all Christians for the actions of a very few. On the contrary, I've lived in 4 different countries and had interactions with Muslims in all of them. I lived in a Muslim-majority neighborhood in London. Not a SINGLE bad interaction with a Muslim, and I never had to hide the fact that I'm Jewish from them the way I felt the need to in the American South where I was raised.

Have you ever met a Muslim?

This thread is an example of why we so desperately need interfaith dialogue. If your place of worship does not participate in interfaith programs, you should be raising hell. It helps everyone to understand where the other is coming from and understand that a part does not make up a whole.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:22 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Are you?

Here's a list of the majority Muslim nations. Please provide for more than half of them some citation to incidents of violent religious hate crimes of the order of "Hacking off the head a of gay person" during our lifetimes?
Hate crimes are limited to just that?

Would you be comfortable and free in most of those places? How are Christians, Jews and others treated in many of those? Well? In many of those, the least of their problems would be about constructing a place of worship...

But no, let's reach back 500 years for something a Christian did. Why was that brought up? So much for during our lifetimes...

The double standard those like you have is astounding...

Last edited by sxrckr; 04-08-2014 at 07:38 AM..

Old 04-08-2014, 08:55 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,240 times
I love making these closet racists so angry maybe I should open up a mosque too. It's so pathetic how these people lose their minds.

Mountainrose being a perfect example, I ought to build a mosque right in front of his house.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:57 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techwired View Post
Interesting - Are you sure about that? The killing of non-Muslims by devout followers of Islam occurs quite often. And I guarantee that rarely if any outrage is expressed over the slaughter of non-Muslims in the name of Islam. Islam teaches that non-Muslims are less than fully human. Muhammad said that Muslims can be put to death for murder, but a Muslim could never be put to death for killing a non-Muslim.

Past Muslims leaders rank Christian's somewhere between "feces" and the "sweat of a camel" that has consumed impure food. The Quran dehumanizes non-Muslims, describing them as animals and beasts.

Many Muslims love to flex their legal muscle, threaten, or try to intimidate the locals in these southern cities, and very few Muslims are uncomfortable with this blatant double standard, in which Islam either plays the victim or unapologetically victimizes others -- nothing new here.
Weird. I've worked with dozens of Muslim colleagues, and they haven't beheaded me at all. Do you think they're saving me for a special occasion?

Old 04-08-2014, 10:58 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Muslims live in France and insist on wearing their hijabs, burkas, and dishdashas in the streets even though France is not a Muslim country and has never been one.
You're now reduced to dress code issues?

Old 04-08-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Weird. I've worked with dozens of Muslim colleagues, and they haven't beheaded me at all. Do you think they're saving me for a special occasion?
We are trying to fatten you up first!

Old 04-08-2014, 11:56 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
We are trying to fatten you up first!
Given all of the hummus and falafel my Muslim friends have generous fed me (and taught me how to make myself) - I wouldn't be surprised.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:17 PM

455 posts, read 771,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Your analogy is completely irrelevant. You only have to scratch the surface to see the ongoing pattern of violence and aggressive disregard for human suffering that is persistent in Muslim history.

The present attitude of many Muslims (especially outside the states) toward non-believers reflects the message of the Quran, which is one of personal superiority, arrogance, and extreme violence.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Given all of the hummus and falafel my Muslim friends have generous fed me (and taught me how to make myself) - I wouldn't be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techwired View Post
Your analogy is completely irrelevant. You only have to scratch the surface to see the ongoing pattern of violence and aggressive disregard for human suffering that is persistent in Muslim history.

The present attitude of many Muslims (especially outside the states) toward non-believers reflects the message of the Quran, which is one of personal superiority, arrogance, and extreme violence.
Shut up and eat your hummus infidel

Old 04-08-2014, 12:48 PM

12,040 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Comparing Muslims to Nazi's or the KKK is absurd, I doubt you even know one other than your own biased point of view. Judging an entire religion or race based on the actions of a few is ignorant.
Please explain how this comparison is absurd.....

The doctrines of Islam are actually more racist, mysogynist, homophobic, and supremacist than the nazis and KKK. So please show me with FACTS of how they are not,

It is your ignorance, not mine, that believes it is only the actions of "a few" Muslims. This is the DOCTRINE of the Koran and what their religion is based on. All Muslims believe this or they aren't Muslims!!
With your analysis, that means we shouldn't judge the nazis and KKK's as it has only been the actions of a few that carried out the doctrine.

I am sure there are some very nice an friendly nazis and KKK in your neighborhood, just like there are nice and friendly Muslims - but it does not invalidate their support of a racist, homophobic, mysogynistic, and terrorist doctrine - just like nice Muslims do.

Liberals are so hypocritical with this - you are so blinded by liberal doctrine that you can't even look at what is true and factual out in the real world. Everything you stand for is abhorred by Muslims, yet you can't see past the liberal PC police to get at what's actually true.

Oh, and BTW, did you know that the Palestinian Muslims had a treaty WITH Hitler, and were actively involved in exposing any Jews for Hitler's troops?
Did you know that not til a few years ago, the Palestinians had in their constitution the total annihilation of all Jews . That was in their CONSTITUTION.

Have you ever read the doctrine to Sharia law??
Please stop saying this is just a few bad Muslims. Get up to speed on history and facts are your friends.

Last edited by mountainrose; 04-08-2014 at 01:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies