Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2014, 06:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Read the links.
Links from ignorant fools who dont know the difference between a tax deduction, and a subsidy, doesnt mean the links are correct.

How many times are you going to post the same links that are WRONG?

If its on the internet, then it must be true, seems to be your thought process...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 06:19 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Who? The employee? Of course not, its part of ones salary, and its tax exempt just like a self employed individual can claim them on Schedule A..

Being a tax deduction doesnt = a subsidy..

Did you even read the link I posted before you said something this dumb?
Yep....

I am self employed and MY insurance is written off on a schedule "C".

Old 03-31-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Read the links.
Trust me...I KNOW my business.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:21 PM

46,299 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
You laugh your ass off a lot, but all your ass laughing it doesn't change the fact that employer based healthcare is subsidized.

Nope, not a chance....I was shown what I pay and what my employer pays during my yearly "you've been here another year" brief. They get nothing from the government....

Old 03-31-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Yep....

I am self employed and MY insurance is written off on a schedule "C".
The funniest thing is the very same folks who keep whining that employer paid health insurance where the employer gets a tax deduction for offering it, completely ignore that in ACA, there is a TRUE subsidy available to the employers..

subsidies are bad, until of course they are good..

Old 03-31-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
The funniest thing is the very same folks who keep whining that employer paid health insurance where the employer gets a tax deduction for offering it, completely ignore that in ACA, there is a TRUE subsidy available to the employers..

subsidies are bad, until of course they are good..
ACA has changed some things.

There are contractors with millions of dollars of equipment that qualified for Medicaid here in Michigan.

The ACA is about income not assets.....lots of contractors do not show a profit.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
ACA has changed some things.

There are contractors with millions of dollars of equipment that qualified for Medicaid here in Michigan.

The ACA is about income not assets.....lots of contractors do not show a profit.
Which I've been saying since day 1, as much as I dislike ACA, I'll qualify for subsidies, despite owning millions of dollars in real estate and my internet company doing millions a year in sales..

Its complete stupidity, and I'm in complete amazement at the left wing kooks applauding it

Old 03-31-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Which I've been saying since day 1, as much as I dislike ACA, I'll qualify for subsidies, despite owning millions of dollars in real estate and my internet company doing millions a year in sales..

Its complete stupidity, and I'm in complete amazement at the left wing kooks applauding it
Oh well...what a country!!!!

Old 03-31-2014, 06:33 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,784,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Ah, I see. So when employees are offered employer health insurance they pay the full premium. Right?
It depends. Some employers are more generous than others. Some cover/perk (subsidize) 80% of the premiums.

But the real kicker is what the employer may or may not cover. If you have a non working spouse or children. The employers are under no obligation to subsidize non employees. And those employees may end up paying "full price" to add the spouse and children. This is one of the big doughnut holes in the ACA.

These employees may be screwed. They will have to pay full price on the exchanges even if they make less than 400% for their spouses or children. I'm just surprised the liberal media isn't making a big deal out of this. It can be a huge deal to those (especially smaller employers).

Nurse at old outpatient paid about $100/month for herself (employer "subsidized" $250) each month. Yet if she added just one kid, it became a "family" plan. Than her premiums went from $100 to $1100. Because that employer treated family as 2 or more persons. But the employer did not subsidize the family portion. And it's all legal under the ACA. So even though Nurse is paying way more than 9.5% of her income with the $1100/month payment ($4000 deductible), she is not eligible for ACA subsidies.

I did talk to this nurse recently. She ended up having to quit her job and now working at the hospital which gives her better health benefits. But a drawback is she has to do 2 7am-7pm shifts each week instead of outpatient 7-3pm schedule. So Obama and Pelosi continue their war on women. Nurse is single mom. Because of the ACA she's forced to work more odd hours, spend less time with her kids, have her 12 year old kid looking after her 3 year old son or hiring a babysitter days she's at the hospital till 7pm. Because the ACA made the employer health benefits much more expensive for her.

http://www.zanebenefits.com/blog/bid...ered-Employees

Old 03-31-2014, 06:38 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,784,543 times
Quote:

Don't worry. My fellow self employed buds think this loophole will be closed. They will eventually force those self employed to re add the "health care subsidy" you will receive under the ACA back to the W2 wages you pay yourself.

It's just a matter of time. Just ride it while you can.

We all know the IRS is starting to enforce S corps re adding health premiums back to W2 wages we pay ourselves. They will probably do the same for government subsidies for the self employed and not the true W2 employee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies