Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 08:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
The volume today is likely MUCH higher than any previous day.

Deadlines such as the April 15th tax deadline, have a way of causing extremely high traffic situations.
So irs.gov website brought down the obamacare signup website ?
My you are stretching....

Maybe it was the cold weather ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 08:40 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So irs.gov website brought down the obamacare signup website ?
My you are stretching....

Maybe it was the cold weather ?
RD5050 needs to tell me last time turbotax.com crashed...

Old 03-31-2014, 08:41 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I always laugh at those standing in line April 15th for that fake tax dealine.. if you are getting a refund, there is no penalty for filing it late..
Not everyone gets a refund. The years I have had to write a check you better believe I didn't write it until I had to. It was bad enough they were taking my money, but they sure weren't getting it early if I could help it.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Not everyone gets a refund. The years I have had to write a check you better believe I didn't write it until I had to. It was bad enough they were taking my money, but they sure weren't getting it early if I could help it.
Yes, not everyone gets a refund, but considering 50%+ of the public doesnt pay any federal income taxes at all, thats 1/2 the public who rushes out to file taxes on a fake deadline that doesnt exist.

Furthermore, the IRS doesnt really consider it late, unless the post mark is after the 17th.

If the IRS was smart, they'd put a 15th deadline on taxpayers, and then a 20th for everyone else, so they could collect all of the money faster than they pay it out.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:48 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
They were projecting upwards of 14,000,000 enrollees, and kicking 5 million off of insurance, and then giving 2 million + medicaid, resulting in 7 million insured, is about 7 million short of what they projected and leaves them with pretty much a net zero increase..

it would have been cheaper, and more effective, to just expand medicaid and not punish everyone in the process.
The enrollments away from the exchanges through places like Ehealthinsurance are predicted to be 9.5 million. These are mostly people who were previously insured. Now it looks like we will have close to 7 million through the exchanges and another 5 million on medicaid expansion. Medicaid expansion would have been about 8 million but 23 Republican states blocked it.

Obamacare has led to health coverage for millions more people - latimes.com

ACASignups.net | Tracking Enrollments for the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare)

Old 03-31-2014, 08:50 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,214,359 times
What deadline? I'm not buying into the obama ponzi.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The enrollments away from the exchanges through places like Ehealthinsurance are predicted to be 9.5 million. These are mostly people who were previously insured. Now it looks like we will have close to 7 million through the exchanges and another 5 million on medicaid expansion. Medicaid expansion would have been about 8 million but 23 Republican states blocked it.

Obamacare has led to health coverage for millions more people - latimes.com

ACASignups.net | Tracking Enrollments for the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare)
Um, the medicaid totals are included in the numbers through the exchange, but if all of your numbers are correct, we'd have more people obtaining insurance that we had uninsured to begin with.

Wow, so ACA was successful at insuring 125% of those uninsured individuals.. Thats hell of a plan there..

Or maybe you're just pulling figures out of your ass..

Oh, these people were previously insured, isnt that what I said? Yes, yes it is.. so they arent relevant to discussing the failures of ACA

Old 03-31-2014, 08:55 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Again, it should have been anticipated. You and I could have told them it was going to happen, surely someone there has shopped on December 24th.
You don't spend a LOT OF MORE MONEY for an event that happens just once.

Just like stores don't build a store TEN TIMES AS BIG just so it can handle a high volume of shoppers on the day before Christmas.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
You don't spend a LOT OF MORE MONEY for an event that happens just once.

Just like stores don't build a store TEN TIMES AS BIG just so it can handle a high volume of shoppers on the day before Christmas.
The more you post, the more obvious it is you dont know what you're talking about.

The stores are built to hold the volume of shoppers on Christmas, just like shopping malls build parking lots to substain enough parking..

You always build to support maximum capacity, you dont build small, and then shut down the stores because you cant substain the crowds.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:58 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Should we be shocked that anything that evokes the name of Baroke Obama doesn't work the way it is supposed to?

Yeah.....no.

Obamacare is the 2014 version of the Chevy Vega, and every bit as reliable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies