Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 09:12 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Ummm last time i checked here on plant earth , when christmas came around stores were so over stocked with items JUST for that particular reason.

Ask any retail manager or food manager what they do when holidays come up
According to RC, stores dont do that, so when you go into buy presents, there isnt enough there.. and thats why healthcare.gov shut down..

its Wal Marts fault..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 09:12 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
And Christmas happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR ... but companies STILL don't build stores TEN TIMES as big for an event that occurs just once a year!
Don't know much about retail management, do you? Except stores that don't sell items that sell higher at Christmas, like a feed store, every decision is made with Christmas sales in mind. From Thanksgiving to Christmas represents between 19-38% of most stores annual sales total.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:13 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,772 times
i signed up and already have my medica card.

my new job has medical insurance after 90 days, but im not using it. since i was unemployed when i applied for obamacare don't have to pay anything.

why would i want to change that now and pay 140 a month when i can get it for free.

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
You don't spend a LOT OF MORE MONEY for an event that happens just once.

Just like stores don't build a store TEN TIMES AS BIG just so it can handle a high volume of shoppers on the day before Christmas.
Lol, yeah, they were worried about cost concerns. That's why they held down the expenses to a mere half billion (and then who knows how many more hundreds of millions since October).

Just the website part of this disaster has run hundreds of millions over budget, and that's just one small part of this law.

1,743 posts, read 1,659,014 times
Quote:
No ... my comparison was to the Post Office have an EXTREMELY LONG LINE of people waiting to mail their taxes on April 15th each year.

Not to the IRS.GOV website.
I have never witnessed such catastrophe events at the Post office here on planet earth.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:14 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i signed up and already have my medica card.

my new job has medical insurance after 90 days, but im not using it. since i was unemployed when i applied for the aid i don't have to pay anything.

why would i want to change that now and pay 140 a month when i can get it for free.
Great plan. Have fun at tax time next year.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:15 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
No ... my comparison was to the Post Office have an EXTREMELY LONG LINE of people waiting to mail their taxes on April 15th each year.
Does the post office crash? Isnt it government run as well? So now you are posting examples of inefficient government on a massive scale.

btw, you're comparison was also stores.
Quote:
Just like stores don't build a store TEN TIMES AS BIG just so it can handle a high volume of shoppers on the day before Christmas.
Quote:
Not to the IRS.GOV website.
You didnt answer the question.. does the IRS website shut down?

Old 03-31-2014, 09:16 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Ummm last time i checked here on plant earth , when christmas came around stores were so over stocked with items JUST for that particular reason.

Ask any retail manager or food manager what they do when holidays come up
So you are saying that you've NEVER seen a long line of people inside a store waiting to pay on the day before Christmas?

I will ask you the same question ... which planet do YOU live on?

1,743 posts, read 1,659,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Great plan. Have fun at tax time next year.
LOL exactly what i was thinking .. Typical liberal tho , steal and be greedy for himself but demand middle class and the rich to give handouts and support the poor.

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yes we did.. There are more uninsured now then when Obama signed the bill into law. Somewhere there is a chart.. its pretty sad.
Please post that chart..They must be all over the right wing websites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies