Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 09:48 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Oh dear.

You don't approve of an organization blowing the whistle on itself? Instead of just letting things go on and pretending nothing's wrong?

What an odd idea.
WTF are you talking about? That has nothing to do with what I posted and you responded to with that. I pointed out that THIS report is about what was going on in the EPA under THIS administration and you posted that garbage. So I'll say it again...What does that have to with anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 09:48 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I hope you don't use any medical treatments, drugs, or therapies because human experimentation is required before they go into production. You would be supporting those evil scientific experiments on human subjects.
Greater good. I'm beginning to see the light now. Thank you for making my role in service of the State clearer.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Third time I have pointed this out and you refuse to address your failure.

Nope, just that some people do live in boxes full of diesel and particulate matter. We can observe it's effects and see if there needs to be something done about it...or we can remain ignorant and not even know. It makes no sense to me to say that science is great and works in some areas, but the same thing is evil and wrong in others, based on how people feel about it. Reality just is.

If the only thing you have is that any use of voluntary regulated human subjects is akin to Nazi experiments using involuntary subjects with the express desire they die...I hope you don't use any medical treatments, drugs, or therapies because human experimentation is required before they go into production. You would be supporting those evil scientific experiments on human subjects.
You are the one supporting people being lied to then exposing them to 50 times the dangerous levels without them being aware. THIS IS something evil tyrannical governments do and here you are supporting it. Go figure.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You are the one supporting people being lied to then exposing them to 50 times the dangerous levels without them being aware. THIS IS something evil tyrannical governments do and here you are supporting it. Go figure.
But....SCIENCE!

You don't expect the eggheads coming up with the studies to volunteer, do you?

Old 04-04-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
But....SCIENCE!

You don't expect the eggheads coming up with the studies to volunteer, do you?
Hell no they wouldn't. They knew full well they were exposing these people to dangerous levels of pollutants. A level that they KNEW could possibly kill these people.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:55 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,225 times
Quote:
WTF are you talking about? That has nothing to do with what I posted and you responded to with that. I pointed out that THIS report is about what was going on in the EPA under THIS administration and you posted that garbage. So I'll say it again...What does that have to with anything?
I'm afraid you're so confused, I probably can't help you any further. But I'll try one more time.

Under this administration, as you noted, the EPA is at least policing its own, which is as it should be in any organization.

You seem not to understand this concept, or to be prepared to ignore it in a feeble attempt to complain about Obama. Again.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:56 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Greater good. I'm beginning to see the light now. Thank you for making my role in service of the State clearer.
So it's the greater good for human experiments with things you like, but it is not the greater good if the EPA does it on things that affect everyone on Earth. Experiments that have shown a few minor short term adverse effects compared to medical studies that can sometimes do a lot of harm unintentionally.

I see what it is. It is the greater good for things you like, and evil for things you don't. It's not science that is wrong, it is what you think of it that is.

Quote:
50 times normal levels according to your link, just that the written disclosure was not comprehensive enough for the IRB according to your link again. Did you even read it or are you just so angry you don't need no stinking facts?

How were they not aware of the experiment? They were sitting in a plastic box for 2 hours after signing a document voluteering for it. If they weren't aware I would have serious questions of their mental state.

So it is evil for people to volunteer for an experiment because the government is evil?

I hope you don't use medical treatments either if this human experimentation is evil. Stand up for your ethics.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:57 AM

Please, it is simply solved. Sterilize them all. We could call it "medical re-socialization" or something. We can find ways. The biological necessities are all met. My...The Nuremberg Laws are respected, a simple procedure...

- Colin Firth as Dr. Stuckart

Old 04-04-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I'm afraid you're so confused, I probably can't help you any further. But I'll try one more time.

Under this administration, as you noted, the EPA is at least policing its own, which is as it should be in any organization.

You seem not to understand this concept, or to be prepared to ignore it in a feeble attempt to complain about Obama. Again.
Try again, these tests were done so the EPA can push OBAMA'S agenda of more regulation to kill more industry. There was NO reason at all for these tests. The EPA ALREADY concluded that those pollutants are bad for you and even deadly at MUCH lower concentrations then they used on the test subjects. What exactly were they trying to prove? That a person will die when exposed to a certain level? They ALREADY KNEW THIS!

Old 04-04-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
So it's the greater good for human experiments with things you like, but it is not the greater good if the EPA does it on things that affect everyone on Earth. Experiments that have shown a few minor short term adverse effects compared to medical studies that can sometimes do a lot of harm unintentionally.

I see what it is. It is the greater good for things you like, and evil for things you don't. It's not science that is wrong, it is what you think of it that is.
Our research did not even permit us to expose children to violent aspects of 3D gaming. It presented a tremendous challenge because those aspects were what compelled students to enjoy the AI based educational games we developed for them. We were heavily restricted in terms of how we conducted our human studies. We were not permitted to exclaim "greater good!" to overrule this restriction.

In before "well, you're not in a real science" or some other retarded nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies