Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 04:49 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,899,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i think there is a good chance it will be at the end of this term. he's on trial for contempt of court, he's cost the county tens of millions in illegal arrest and prison death lawsuits, the documentary "the joe show" is now available nationaly and the "birther investigation", altho very profitable for him, seems to be turning on him.

but who knows. the guy loves the spotlight and won't be giving that up easily.
And his district is full of birthers and Tea Partiers who love Sheriff Joe and just keep voting him in regardless of how much he costs them. My guess is that unless he faces jail time in this latest contempt case, which seems unlikely, unfortunately, he will be in office until he dies.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:39 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,503,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
When is this guy going to retire?
well, i was wrong. arpaio's running for re-election.

Sheriff Joe launches re-election campaign - Obama Conspiracy Theories

i'll be curious if he's going to regurgitate the birther crap to stir up campaign contributions. we shall see.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:36 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,416,064 times
Quote:

i'll be curious if he's going to regurgitate the birther crap to stir up campaign contributions. we shall see.
Of course he will, because that's all he has. That, and hating on Mexican illegals.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:09 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,502,332 times
Sheriff Arpaio's days are numbered. United States District Court Judge Snow has set the hearing for his criminal contempt for April; and he has been referred for prosecution for multiple criminal offenses. Sheriff "Joe" will likely have to conduct his "campaign" from a federal prison.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
Sheriff "Joe" will likely have to conduct his "campaign" from a federal prison.
as much as i'd enjoy that little piece of comedy....... i doubt arpaio will actually serve any time.

..... then again i didn't think he'd run for re-election either.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:10 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,816,217 times
Quote:

I'll be curious to see whether he goes after cruz as passionately as he went after obama.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:49 AM

288 posts, read 212,628 times
Quote:
....or at least that's the current belief among many birthers:

Team Arpaio: LFBC Tip Of The Iceberg; Sheriff Arpaio To Change Political Landscape Forever - Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

since their belief that arpaio would release "universe shattering evidence" in march proved to be bunk the claim now, from cold case posse cohort mark gillar, is that there will be "shocking revelations" from sheriff joe before the mid-terms.

and who cares bout what this clown thinks, he is just another sherrif among thousands in the usa, not the only radical regressive....

Old 02-01-2015, 06:40 PM

birthers have sent "sheriff kits", a CD containing all of arpaio and the cold case posse's birther "evidence", to every elected sheriff in the US:

Public Notice: Every Sheriff In America Received Sheriff Joe Arpaio's Obama Forgery Findings - Birther Report

and every governor and state attorney general:

Recap: Every Governor & State AG Received Sheriff Arpaio's Obama Forgery Findings - Birther Report

if you're going to fail, fail big.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:04 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,318,655 times
Quote:
as much as i'd enjoy that little piece of comedy....... i doubt arpaio will actually serve any time.

..... then again i didn't think he'd run for re-election either.
He will die in office.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
He will die in office.
quite possibly.

i've always felt that if arpaio were to ever lose, or die, a lot of his shenanigans would be revealed by his successor. that may be one of his reasons to seek re-election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies