Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 03:59 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Because they decided that they liked 9.50. That's why.

Hell, why pay people anything at all? Let them work for free.

I mean, if that's the direction you wanna go.
Not an answer.

An answer would be that raising it to $9.50 would have an effect (like loss of jobs, higher costs on products) but the effect wouldn't be as damaging as $10-$100.00 an hour!

Common sense doesn't seem to be a leftist stronghold?

Old 04-07-2014, 04:04 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Why do I care that there are double standards? Why do I care that there is racism? Why care about any issue in the world?

I don't care enough to have this alter my life, but I find it odd that so many not only excuse this racism, but accept it.

Pointing out that the KKK is racist lowers yourself to their level? Pointing out that the 5% nation is racist lowers yourself to their level?

What is wrong with saying that something is racist when it blatantly is racist?

Why do you care enough about me to "scream" about me saying racism is wrong? Am I such a big part of your life that you want to control my opinions?

I do respect you as a poster, but I do find your position odd about not stating that something is racist when it is.
You don't realize the arena JayZ is in. Just like the gansta rappers back in the old days they promote this crap and make money off it. Piles of money. Piles of money because it gets folks like you all wound out and get free publicity off a stupid necklace or ring or pin or what have you. You don't realize these guys are the smartest guys in the room. They play their gang sheet which many did come from but they know how to make money. Free publicity is golden and now you and others are giving it to JayZ. Not like he needs it but he is getting it and probably laughing out the door about it all. Like I said earlier who friggen cares? Why do you? Does JayZ affect your life at all? I mean my daughter listens to his **** but I'm not gonna ban JayZ because he has some 5% pin on. Why should I care. If I like his music I will listen. Hey I liked Marilyn Manson too......he is a devil worshiper............LOL..........so they say. He ran his gig too and got rich. See how that works??

Old 04-07-2014, 04:04 PM

241 posts, read 172,578 times
Quote:
Whites drive through black neighborhoods all the time.

Who do you think black drug dealers sell their drugs to? Their white clientele is incredibly vast, and they aren't about to go to white neighborhoods to sell it.

You don't know about these streets dude. You're watching too many Hollywood flicks.
They are taking a risk as well. I have driven through black neighborhoods I lived in a black neighborhood before. My car was stolen. I was in middle of changing oil and went to store came back it was gone. Cops found it day later had seized the engine up because I had emptied the old oil and oil filter out and had gone to store to get new ones. Like I said the guy in Detroit drove through a black neighborhood. Look where it got him.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:06 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Why do I care that there are double standards? Why do I care that there is racism? Why care about any issue in the world?

I don't care enough to have this alter my life, but I find it odd that so many not only excuse this racism, but accept it.

Pointing out that the KKK is racist lowers yourself to their level? Pointing out that the 5% nation is racist lowers yourself to their level?

What is wrong with saying that something is racist when it blatantly is racist?

Why do you care enough about me to "scream" about me saying racism is wrong? Am I such a big part of your life that you want to control my opinions?

I do respect you as a poster, but I do find your position odd about not stating that something is racist
when it is.

I get you exactly. Not that you truly care, it is only because double standards have been set! and if you live in America, you get this. Because that is exactly how it is.

Ok for some, but others pay the price, I get you! And yes it is your right to feel exactly as you do, without being judged for it. I know many people who are starting to really get irked with with double standards in so many facets of our lives. Actually they are getting sick of it.

Things should be on a equal playing field, but come on now, we all know how it is.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
I never said blacks should or shouldn't be Christian. I am not a Christian.

You are now lying by putting words in my mouth, because you are a coward.

You excuse this racist group, but can't defend your premise honestly, so you resort to cowardly tactics like lies and diversion.
If i'm a coward, then the whole world should be cowards because that would be a sweeping change in definition.

In any case...why dwell on such nonsense.

I can defend my premise quite honestly.

My premise is this...i don't care about who Jay aligns himself with. I care about some of his music. I've got nothing against the 5% Nation...never did and never will. They've done nothing to me. You either.

And i'll defend my position this way which requires me to speak redundantly (since you don't seem to get it):

These people have never done a damn thing to me, and they don't affect my life in any way. Moreover, they have a right to their beliefs as long as they aren't infringing on anyone else's rights.

Again, you don't know squat about the 5% Nation. You've never heard of them until today and even with what you Googled, you STILL don't know a damn thing. All you know is that they're black and they might not like you.

And considering the stuff you've been posting, it's easy to see why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Maybe in your little world but in my world white conservatives would crush jay like a cockroach. Black thugs might act bad but the white boys I know are bad.
LOL....yeah, right.

You think Jay got to where he did because he's soft?

Old 04-07-2014, 04:07 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Whites drive through black neighborhoods all the time.

Who do you think black drug dealers sell their drugs to? Their white clientele is incredibly vast, and they aren't about to go to white neighborhoods to sell it.

You don't know about these streets dude. You're watching too many Hollywood flicks.
Yes the old TV has formed many into what isn't reality. It is funny to watch. I mean not funny as the **** is not good but it goes on and will go on. Yeah a black guy in a white neighborhood selling sheet won't stand out...........lol. Folks aren't stupid............well some who post here are apparently..........never mind. lol

Old 04-07-2014, 04:09 PM

241 posts, read 172,578 times
Default Maryland ups min wage to 10.10 an hour.

Maryland raises minimum wage - Apr. 7, 2014

Course by the time it actually gets to 10.10$ an hour it will be time for a new raise.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Of Four View Post
They are taking a risk as well. I have driven through black neighborhoods I lived in a black neighborhood before. My car was stolen. I was in middle of changing oil and went to store came back it was gone. Cops found it day later had seized the engine up because I had emptied the old oil and oil filter out and had gone to store to get new ones. Like I said the guy in Detroit drove through a black neighborhood. Look where it got him.
Tens of thousands of whites roam the streets of Detroit daily. Many of them live there.

You hear about ONE incident, and now all of a sudden a white can't be seen on black streets without getting killed?

LOL...right.
That very same day that the white guy got beat up, whites were walking around or driving through only blocks away buying dope as if the incident never happened. And these transactions are happening thousands of times a day all over the United States every day of the year without incident.

Like is said, you don't know about the streets. If you did, you wouldn't be saying stuff this asinine.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:12 PM

26,511 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You don't realize the arena JayZ is in. Just like the gansta rappers back in the old days they promote this crap and make money off it. Piles of money. Piles of money because it gets folks like you all wound out and get free publicity off a stupid necklace or ring or pin or what have you. You don't realize these guys are the smartest guys in the room. They play their gang sheet which many did come from but they know how to make money. Free publicity is golden and now you and others are giving it to JayZ. Not like he needs it but he is getting it and probably laughing out the door about it all. Like I said earlier who friggen cares? Why do you? Does JayZ affect your life at all? I mean my daughter listens to his **** but I'm not gonna ban JayZ because he has some 5% pin on. Why should I care. If I like his music I will listen. Hey I liked Marilyn Manson too......he is a devil worshiper............LOL..........so they say. He ran his gig too and got rich. See how that works??
I think you are still conflating.

I am not asking anyone to ban anything. I will not change the station if his song comes on the radio. I am merely saying racism is racism.

All I did was click on a link, read people excusing racism and then commented that it is racist, period. Why do you care that I say racism is racism, but aren't making a big deal for those that excuse it?

Old 04-07-2014, 04:15 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Looks like all the non-English speaking Hispanics in the fastfood business will be getting a raise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies