Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to donate some money to Shanesha Taylor?
No, and put her in jail 53 53.00%
No, but don't put her in jail 41 41.00%
Yes, she deserves a handout more than the millions of other jobless folks out there 5 5.00%
Yes I will, as soon as I get a job 1 1.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 07:11 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
40 minute interview, not a hot day, was 65 out with windows slightly down to allow air flow. i hope she hits 100k.
I dont give a rats ass what the temperature was, you dont leave your babies alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
From the impressions I have gotten from the story, and she hasn't spoken a lot about it, is that this was sudden and expected to be temporary if she got this position. She seemed positive she was going to get the position and be able to return to life as it was. Life where she was taking care of her kids as she felt best.

People with souls don't give their kids away at the drop of a hat.
Doesnt matter, what did she think was going to happen when people seen her babies left alone in a vehicle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Because you live in a house. She lives in her car. Had she gone to the state i would be pretty sure they would have taken her children from her.
I'm pretty sure they take kids from people who leave them in a car unsupervised and then charge you with crimes because its ILLEGAL..

Old 04-07-2014, 07:22 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,794,581 times
A six month old infant trapped in a hot Dodge Durango SUV under direct sunlight in Phoenix, Arizona with his 2 year old brother, until a witness heard one of them crying and called 911.

Temperature in that hot car exceeded 100 degrees F according to the police who rescued the kids, who were sweating profusely.

A news truck parked there for only 20 minutes and recorded over 99 degrees F.
Mother accused of leaving kids in hot car - FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

In Arizona it could be a Class 1 misdemeanor to do this to a dog. A.R.S. § 13-2910 section 7.

Lack of childcare to enable a claimant to actively seek and immediately accept full time employment constitutes grounds to be held ineligible to receive unemployment compensation, if she was not available for work.
Quote:
7. A presumption of unavailability may be raised by various circumstances such as:
h. Domestic or personal circumstances
Arizona Administrative Code

I wonder if she had ever held a job, and/or received unemployment benefits, after having kids..

Good thing she didn't start an 8 hour shift the next morning, those boys could be dead.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:23 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,480,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm pretty sure they take kids from people who leave them in a car unsupervised and then charge you with crimes because its ILLEGAL..
As I think it would be had she left them alone in a house as well.

While not condoning her decision, what were her choices as she saw them?

Go to child welfare and ask them to care for them knowing hard questions would be asked?
Perhaps no friends or neighbours in the area she was looking for a job?
Ask a passerby to attend to her kiddies/
Ask the service station attendant where she had been using the bathroom to tend to them?

I'm struggling here to give her the benefit of the doubt for a moments desperation leading her to make a poor decision but gotta say it....I'm eternally gratefull for never having to face the spectre and subsequent desperation of unemployment in my entire working life.

Wish I'd been nearby to baby-sit for the poor woman. I bet many of you do as well.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:25 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,043,367 times
No, you don't leave your babies alone. I don't think anybody's going to argue that. But the temperature does matter, to me. Purposely leaving kids in 100 degree car is a much, much riskier choice than leaving them in a 65 degree one. Both bad, but one is a lot worse. One is neglectful, the other seems like you're trying to kill them.

I googled the weather for Scotsdale that day. Low of 56, high of 82. So it seems likely that the car wasn't hot when she left it, but due to being parked in the sun, and having the windows mostly (not completely) up, it warmed up to an uncomfortable, but not fatal, level.

With that info, I feel sympathetic to both her AND the kids who were hot, sweaty, and scared. Not going to donate, but I do wish her family well.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:36 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,109,113 times
You never leave babies alone in a locked car, period.

I hope she finds employment and that her 2 babies are returned to her when she is in a better situation.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:45 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,810,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I don't agree with what she did, but I don't see what choice she had.

Can't pay for child care, don't have anyone to help, need a job to take care of your kids...what would you do?

Leave them alone in the streets?
Aren't there government agencies that provide free daycare for working mothers or those seeking a job? No? Well then why not staff them with people getting a welfare check sitting at home.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:13 PM

Haha, if you post anything negative on the comment page, they block you from posting comments..

Old 04-07-2014, 08:16 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,158,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
One is for pretty much sure, the other is maybe. If you were concerned about keeping your kids, which of the two choices do you think is the best?

Old 04-07-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
One is for pretty much sure, the other is maybe. If you were concerned about keeping your kids, which of the two choices do you think is the best?
There is no maybe they will take your kids.. THEY DO IT..

What one is best?
Option 1, you endanger your babies by leaving them alone, unsupervised in a vehicle
Option 2, you dont..

Are you really asking what one is best?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies