Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 11:37 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
It seems this gentleman and a lot of other people are almost wishing this would happen so they would have free reign to execute someone after they were already shot and laying on the ground. It is pretty disturbing. Would make a great story to tell the grandkids though about the time you shot a woman, dragged her across the basement and shot her in the head just to make sure she was completely dead. Make sure to bake cookies and milk for that one.
Sounds like a great story..

Old 04-15-2014, 11:38 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Round 2

I remember the thread about this. Time to rehash it a bit.

Byron Smith: Trial set to begin for Minnesota man who fatally shot teens in his home - CBS News

Under Minnesota law, a person may use deadly force to prevent a felony from taking place in one's home or dwelling, but authorities have said Smith crossed a line when he continued to shoot the teens after they were no longer a threat.

Take no prisoners!

I like it.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:39 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
I support using deadly force against home invaders. This case might be on the line, But at the end of the day, you shouldn't break into a person's home unless you are prepared to come out in a body bag.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:16 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,386,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
No possession of mine is worth a human life.
What about your virtue?

Old 04-15-2014, 12:36 PM

947 posts, read 1,464,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The jurors will probably either declare a mistrial, they'll have a hard time reaching a unanimous consensus either way.
Adrenaline takes over and fight or flight response takes over. You break into a persons home or business or try to rob them and you are taking your life in your hands, people have to understand that.
This isn't adrenaline taking over. This guy admitted he was planning to kill people for a while. There were according to him prior break ins and he was looking for revenge.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:48 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
What about your virtue?
I gave that up for Lent. Ask me later.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:30 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
What about your virtue?
How is someone going to take your virtue?

Like . . .I dunno. . force you to do something dishonorable? maybe cheat on your taxes by gun point?

Old 04-15-2014, 03:34 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Take no prisoners!

I like it.
Good news for you, BB...once you turn 13 you will discover girls and forget about your G.I. Joes.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Good news for you, BB...once you turn 13 you will discover girls and forget about your G.I. Joes.

Are you suggesting he should have banged her first?

Take no Prisoners!
I like it

Old 04-15-2014, 06:40 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
The idea that every crime deserves death, is a interesting one.

Smith, armed with a Ruger Mini-14,[1] shot the teens separately and minutes apart as they entered the basement where he was, later claiming to police he was worried about them being armed. By his account to police, he shot Brady twice at the top of the basement stairs, and once in the face fatally after he fell to the bottom of the stairs. Minutes later when Kifer entered the basement, he shot her at the top of the stairs. Wounded, she fell down the stairs, and after Smith's rifle jammed, he shot her multiple times in the chest with a .22-caliber revolver, dragged her across the floor to set her beside the body of her cousin, and then shot her fatally under the chin

The best part is the girl. . having a weapon jammed (and girl no longer a threat) . . .and continuing to shoot several times, and then put one under her chin.

I would have very large concerns with any judicial system that allows this man to ever exit a prison.

This man stopped the people

and this man then SHOT helpless people on the floor. . .

The crimes of this man. . .so much more egregious than the ones of the two young teens.
How did he know they were helpless?

Could they have been playing possum?

More over this man has every right to use the amount of force he deems appropriate, why? BECAUSE HIS LIFE IS IN DANGER!

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes..Stay Out Stay Alive. Don`t want to be shot? Don`t break into houses.

You are just mad that this man was defending his liberty, life and property, to you leftist the criminals are the innocent and the innocent are the criminals..

Just like Zimmermen you are mad that the better man won...GET OVER IT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies