Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 05:23 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
For your information, he is the President of the United States of America and not a "god". He was elected twice by the voters of this nation. We democrats do not refer to our elected leaders as "gods" like some radical republicans do. They are servants of the people.
You are also rewriting history to suit your agenda. something the right wing republican continuously does very well.
So then in other words you would agree with me? Thank you for seeing how mentally ill the democratic party and your king really are. Point proven
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 06:10 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
So then in other words you would agree with me? Thank you for seeing how mentally ill the democratic party and your king really are. Point proven
I have yet to agree with one single post out of the 1400 you've made since Dec.13

Old 04-16-2014, 06:18 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm predicting the GOP keeps the House in November, but no party is going to have a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. So, even if the GOP wins, the Democrats can still filibuster any bad bill, like Ryan's budget, from going forward. In addition, Obama is still the President and will most likely veto any bill that has Republican wet dream written all over it, which means when the bill is sent back, it has to have Democratic support, otherwise the bill dies and Obama's veto succeeds. That is the reality that the radical right faces, so Obamacare is here to stay, since I doubt the President will let his signature law go quietly into the night
The reality is that Barack Obama is an uber-lame duck. He gets nothing done for the next 2 years, therefore there is NO AGENDA for 2015/2016 because it won't pass for the reasons you mention.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:23 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The "nuclear option" was to eliminate filibustering for confirming judges only, it was not for ALL legislative actions. So, the filibuster still exists for all intents and purposes except for judicial nominees.
It opened the door up to the party in control changing the rules to get what they want to get done, done. You can't just remove the traditions and rules of an institution like that precisely as much as is convenient for you and no more and not take the risk that things will go further now that tradition and the status quo is no longer sacrosanct for tradition's sake.

I'm not necessarily saying that it won't stop there. Maybe it does stop there. Maybe the Republicans have the house, Presidency, and 50 <= X < 60 senate seats and remove the filibuster in 2016 to repeal the ACA. There's a degree of uncertainty now that didn't really exist before the nuclear option was triggered.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:39 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
If I recall the democratic party and president said if you don't raise the debt ceiling then we have to shutdown. Which in return we said sure we will grant this AGAIN if we put a hold on obamacare to analyze the bills. Then your god potus threw a hissy fit and said NO way , it's my way or we shutdown. I'm pretty sure YOUR side was the one that made the shutdown happen......
Really. Then why was Michele Bachman crowing on television about how 'they did it' and how happy they were about shutting down the government?

Remember that one?

Old 04-16-2014, 06:45 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I have yet to agree with one single post out of the 1400 you've made since Dec.13
But you did agree with me , silently... Its all in your replies.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:57 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post

Yeah, despite wingnut wet dreams, Obamacare is not going away and is here to stay.
Most likely correct. Since the Dems own the 270 EC required I'm not certain Hillary will not move to replace Obamacare with single payer when, not if, she is sworn in January, 2017.

If she doesn't swap it out for single payer, you are correct.

With 18 stats plus DC blue for 24 years, and Va and NM now demographically blue,the Dems simply start off with an insurmountable EC edge.As in 97% of the way to the goal line.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:08 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,784,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Most likely correct. Since the Dems own the 270 EC required I'm not certain Hillary will not move to replace Obamacare with single payer when, not if, she is sworn in January, 2017.

If she doesn't swap it out for single payer, you are correct.

With 18 stats plus DC blue for 24 years, and Va and NM now demographically blue,the Dems simply start off with an insurmountable EC edge.As in 97% of the way to the goal line.
Hiliary or any other president regardless of party affliction cannot do anything as long as we have a divided congress.

If Repubs win back the Senate And still control the House Hiliary would have zero say in the matter.

VA is not a blue state. It can switch back quickly. The key is northern virginia suburbs which often decide elections. Tend to be more affluent voters who aren't tied to democratic base like the south eatern part of the state in Hampton roads and Richmond.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:13 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Default The new Direction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yet the Republicans haven't been able to put together a realistic replacement outside of talking points.
Frankly we did not see the bill when Obama Care was voted on. Matter of fact much of it was behind locked doors and Rep were not welcome.

We will see a full complete plan when it is time. I can assure you libs that the plan will not force people to sign up either!

Old 04-16-2014, 08:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Besides, there is nothing within the Constitution that allows the government to get involved in insurance.
Taxing, yes. Insurance, NO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies