Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 06:18 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
OMG! Those are medical researchers, not pot heads. You brain needs a kick start. Try a joint. It couldn't hurt.
So why do people still have cancer? Why are the hospitals and treatment centers still using expensive chemotherapy?

You guys are actually making the claim that the cure for almost all cancers has been found -- and it's pot. There should be no cancer remaining in all Colorado by now. It's been *cured*.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 06:18 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I think if mankind had none of the it would be much better off. Society has always had a lot of bright people with mental problems also;I don't see the point; really. Many bright person's life and use to society is ruined by substance abuse even alcohol. Most know someone.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Hey dude, skrew the link. I've passed a drug test the day after smoking a joint. It was for a job, and I was hired. I already know the science, and I've actually lived the life. Your internet link means nothing to me. Besides, you're not contesting anything I wrote. THC is stored in fat cells - that's what I wrote! What are you arguing? Unlike you, I didn't need an internet link to know that. Get out more often. There is a world of possibilities out there. You can stay risk-free in your tiny little fortress, but you will not have lived. Smoke a joint. Get a Harley. Live!
You made the claim it isn't stored in the brain cells -- but that was because you didn't know they are made of a lot of fat and so do store THC.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:21 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So why do people still have cancer? Why are the hospitals and treatment centers still using expensive chemotherapy?

You guys are actually making the claim that the cure for almost all cancers has been found -- and it's pot. There should be no cancer remaining in all Colorado by now. It's been *cured*.
You should really read the research if that is the argument you are attempting.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:22 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Snow skiing is not unlike drug use.

I think that single statement right there sums up quite a bit.
Yeah, think...

Exercise releases endorphins (which is what I wrote)
So does drug use

Moderator cut: personal attack

Last edited by Oldhag1; 04-20-2014 at 06:43 PM..

Old 04-20-2014, 06:23 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
See post 22 --- I have never seen an alcoholic actually claim that alcohol cures *many* problems. They seem a little more realistic about the downside of alcohol even if unable to quit. Potheads often will go into long spiels about all the problems pot *cures*. They will actually claim it cures cancer -- I've heard that frequently, they claim it cures depression, it cures this, it cures that.
Yes, THC has anticarcinogenic properties.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:24 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think if mankind had none of the it would be much better off. Society has always had a lot of bright people with mental problems also;I don't see the point; really. Many bright person's life and use to society is ruined by substance abuse even alcohol. Most know someone.

lots of peoples lives are ruined by substances like sugar, and activities like skiing and mountain climbing. 13 peoples lives were ruined the other day climbing mount Everest all because someone wanted an adrenaline high..

every body should just give up living..

Old 04-20-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Yes, THC has anticarcinogenic properties.
So we can stop giving chemotherapy to at least the poor people and just feed them pot.

I'm surprised that the mainstream media hasn't yet picked up on the fact that cancer has now been cured. You guys actually claim a cure. Why are people still dying of cancer? That's weird.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:27 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:

What guys? The doctors? Why don't you ask them. No one here has made any such claim, and I've repeatedly told you that I've never heard anyone make such claims. Are you deliberately being obtuse? I don't get it. You've been misinformed. You've been lied to. If anything, we're just trying to set you straight. Your beef is with the people who lied to you, not us.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
You should really read the research if that is the argument you are attempting.
I'd believe the research if the doctors actually knew they could quit giving chemotherapy and radiation and just use pot for their patients.

I'm really surprised --- because I've known cancer patients who used pot for the pain -- but their cancer didn't go away -- and some had some of the cancers you listed. They died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies