Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 11:47 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,409,523 times

Advertisements

We have all discussed at length the various controversial rulings by SCOTUS as of late: I think that SCOTUS had become tired of the current corporatism/obstructionism/cronyism of the US Capitol and is making rulings as extreme as possible, within the confines of constitutionality (and I do believe their rulings are correct, though not optimal) in an effort to get congress off their a$$ to address these issues and to get the public outraged enough to demand change. If the SCOTUS fails in that effort, their rulings are intentionally designed to accelerate the inevitable outcome of our current path.

I saw a post here attributed to Lincoln about the best way to end an unpopular law. I think that is what SCOTUS is up to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 03:27 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Interesting thought. As these decisions seem to have been split along ideological lines, I'm not sure you're correct, but interesting nonetheless.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:31 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,032,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
We have all discussed at length the various controversial rulings by SCOTUS as of late: I think that SCOTUS had become tired of the current corporatism/obstructionism/cronyism of the US Capitol and is making rulings as extreme as possible, within the confines of constitutionality (and I do believe their rulings are correct, though not optimal) in an effort to get congress off their a$$ to address these issues and to get the public outraged enough to demand change. If the SCOTUS fails in that effort, their rulings are intentionally designed to accelerate the inevitable outcome of our current path.

I saw a post here attributed to Lincoln about the best way to end an unpopular law. I think that is what SCOTUS is up to.
I think the SCOTUS has become as corrupt as the politicians who put them in place. They are an arm of the multinational corporate structure that is taking over.

Their rulings prove it.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:58 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
I think the SCOTUS has become as corrupt as the politicians who put them in place. They are an arm of the multinational corporate structure that is taking over.

Their rulings prove it.
If you really feel this way, then you should support causes like minimum wage and unionization. Working people can't get ahead using the supreme court.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:14 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
They're as corrupt as Congress and Obama.

They're another arm of a government run by and for the oligarchs.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:25 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
If it's within the confines of the Constitution it's not extreme and if it's correct it's optimal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies