Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2014, 10:24 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,376,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you But, white privilege is for a select few. The rest is a myth.

I often wonder, without US borrowing against nothing, what would the real percentage of our underclass be...
More like the reality: There is a great disparity between the really rich and the rest of us in the country,
and that ain't no color thing, except green
Green works for me!!!

Old 04-25-2014, 10:25 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,794,968 times
If Cliven Bundy were the least bit racist, he could have used the most common perjorative of them all, the N-word. Then CNN wouldn't have had to go to the effort to dictor his video. But he never touched it. So they went to Plan B instead and tried to alter what he said, and smear him.

10,835 posts, read 14,950,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Lol, give it enough time and sooner or later and their racist feelings come out; not unlike some members on here this is why I always assume these redneck patriots, so-called, are potential racists
What was it that Bundy said which was wrong?

That black babies are aborted at a rate five times higher than white babies? That's raciss an stuff?

8,391 posts, read 6,304,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So according to you, I can summarize that Democrats think blacks shouldnt be allowed to drink from the same water fountain as whites because Democrats opposed giving them rights..

Got it, you're a racist.. glad we cleared that up on a thread discussing someone elses phantom racism..
You can summarize however you like.

The rest of your post is irrelevant.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So what is the point of this thread? To go on and on and on over what a bigot said?
No, it's NOT about Harry Reid.

13,308 posts, read 7,882,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Why is 'colored people' considered horrendously vile and 'racist' yet 'people of color' is fine & dandy?

Someone 'splain it to me?
Horse of a different color?

18,630 posts, read 19,440,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Meh, the extreme right says the same thing about liberals...Let the liberal Democrat speak long enough and they have the same speech monologue and Anti-American protest as the Taliban.
You don't even have to do that. Just suggest to White liberals their kids will be made to go schools with a significant portion of poor Blacks, sit back and watch the fireworks.

741 posts, read 765,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy made some disparaging remarks about "the Negro":

“They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton,” Bundy was quoted as saying to a group of supporters last Saturday. “And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

Why do "patriotism" and racism go hand in hand?

Conservatives begin backing away after Cliven Bundy’s remarks disparaging ‘the Negro’
His choice of wording might have been better, to some folks ... but I have to admit that there's a lot of truth to what he's saying ... when you translate/read between the lines. The harsh reality.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:27 AM

Of course, CNN doctored the video of Bundy, apparently trying to show him as a racist when he wasn't. And it's working. Even conservatives who have seen only CNN's version, are blasting the guy. And if I had seen only what CNN carefully showed, I'd be blasting him too.

But in the full video, Bundy talks for several minutes about how black people were hard workers, decent people with strong families, etc. Even back in the slave days, when they were making useful contributions despite the horrible oppression they were enduring ("picking cotton"), they showed fine qualities and had nothing to be ashamed of. Bundy said the same was true for Mexican people, too.

But today, when the government is giving them tons of free stuff in the guise of "helping" them, Bundy said you can find black people sitting around doing nothing, winding up in jail, etc. - a major contrast to when they had to fight for their own interests under dreadful conditions and displayed stellar character.

CNN cut off the first part and showed only the second, in an apparent attempt to pretend Cliven Bundy was a racist when he clearly wasn't. It was a typical liberal response for which CNN has perfected the technique: If you can't refute what a man is saying, doctor it and try to smear him personally, instead.

The hoax has since been revealed, but the liberals, true to form, keep forwarding the lie as hard and fast as they can... joined by the usual liars and smear artists in this thread. The truth doesn't suit their agenda, so they shun it.

See the real, original video here, along with CNN's carefully doctored version:

Bundy Hoax Exposed: Full Video Of Cliven Bundy?s Non-Racist, Pro-Black, Pro-Mexican, Anti-Government Remarks | Alternative

If Cliven Bundy were the least bit racist, he could have used the most common perjorative of them all, the N-word. Then CNN wouldn't have had to go to the effort to doctor his video. But he never touched it. So they went to Plan B instead and tried to alter what he said, and smear him.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:27 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,213,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you But, white privilege is for a select few. The rest is a myth.

I often wonder, without US borrowing against nothing, what would the real percentage of our underclass be...
More like the reality: There is a great disparity between the really rich and the rest of us in the country,
and that ain't no color thing, except green
You are wrong. White privilege shows itself in many ways, not just monetarily.

What's sad is that poor white people are so blinded by hatred and racism that they don't realize they have more in common with poor black people than they do the rich white Republicans they worship (and who use their lack of education to control them).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies