Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 09:12 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I'm surprised by the surprise here on CD.

There are many posters here who defend rapists because the woman "asked for it" by her attire or behavior, or just made it all up because, you know, that's what sl**s do. We see it all the time on this forum.

Oh well, I suppose there's plenty of time.
Actually, no we don't see it "all the time". It's quite rare. But pretending it is common gives liberals a good excuse for being in their morally outraged mode. It's the same with racism. As long as they pretend there's a racist around every corner, liberals can continue to use the crusade against it to paint themselves as morally superior. It's much easier to campaign against racism and sexism than it is to actually come up with a plan for economic recovery that doesn't end up with shovel ready jobs not being shovel ready, healthcare reform that actually works as promised, or resets in Russian relations that don't end up with Russian troops occupying other nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 08:45 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Pretty shocking when you consider that people routinely get years or even decades behind bars for statutory rape.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:49 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
He concedes he raped her.

He and the victim testified that she struggled, and repeatedly told him "NO" and to "STOP".

The girl wishes she'd never come forward and reported it to the police.

Judge says sexually assaulted 14-year-old 'wasn't the victim she claimed to be' | Dallas Morning News
What part of "she was only 14 years old" do they not comprehend here? Even if a 14 year old says "yes" IT'S STILL NOOOOOO.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:58 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
What part of "she was only 14 years old" do they not comprehend here? Even if a 14 year old says "yes" IT'S STILL NOOOOOO.
There are a few states in which a consensual act between an 18 and 14 year old would be legal, but I believe Texas is not one of them.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:00 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
There are a few states in which a consensual act between an 18 and 14 year old would be legal, but I believe Texas is not one of them.
Doesn't matter if it's legal....it's not right. An 18yo should know that.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:00 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Wasn't the rapist 20 years old? It's not like they were classmates in the same school, attending the same classes and functions. Or are they referring to his current age?

Old 05-06-2014, 09:03 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I doubt the politics of the people involved were the guiding ideology in their decisions. really people?

But yeah the best part was assigning him to a rape crisis center for his community service. I think the judge must have been on drugs. WTH?
I didnt suggest that.....All I did was suggest that no Republican/Conservative was involved in the case... it has been stated many times on this forum that Republicans hate women and we dont have an issue rape.... so Im just getting it out there that we conservatives in Texas had nothing to do with the case at all...

I did however, point out that the DA who is a democrat is a good man and has sought justice both for victims and for those falsely convicted....

so there take that! LOL!

Old 05-06-2014, 09:08 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Wasn't the rapist 20 years old? It's not like they were classmates in the same school, attending the same classes and functions. Or are they referring to his current age?
He was 17 or 18 at the time of the rape. They were both students at the school. He raped her at school.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:13 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
He's 20 now. He was 18 when he raped her. She was 14 when she was raped.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:15 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
The judge should be removed. This is the kind of thinking that took place in the 50s and rapists got an easy walk and the women were left with the stigma of having been raped . Rape is rape, it doesn't matter if you are a virgin or a prostitute. I'm surprised the judge didn't say that when the girl said "no" she really meant "yes". No means NO!!
totally agree, enough is enough...this has to change, he should be stripped of his job....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies