Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 01:17 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,082,275 times

Advertisements

For those who seem to think that police are corrupt, evil, and everything bad, look at this

Police officer goes above and beyond for Sumter teen - WSMV Channel 4

For those who only wish to complain, let me remind you that every day, Law Enforcement officers go out of their way to help some one, and individually, there are many who want to portray a good image of law enforcement.

Sadly, the press likes to focus only on the mistakes, but when someone decides to step up and be part of the solution in life rather than part of the problem, it is good to see the press at least noticing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 01:19 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,490,401 times
Awe come on now don't disappoint the cop haters

Old 05-09-2014, 01:19 PM

924 posts, read 667,052 times
Is it really newsworthy that a cop is doing his job?

Sad state of affairs for America.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:21 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
The argument is that when they break the law they should be held to the same standard as those they would arrest.

That isn't hate, that is common sense.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The argument is that when they break the law they should be held to the same standard as those they would arrest.

That isn't hate, that is common sense.
Exactly.

Just like wanting Israel to end apartheid isn't anti-Semitic.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
Is it really newsworthy that a cop is doing his job?

Sad state of affairs for America.
now when a cop goes beyond the call of duty its just doing his job? if we are going to recognize LEOs that commit atrocities in th eline of duty, then we must also recognize LEOs that do good in the line of duty as well. perhaps when we let the LEOs doing a good job know that we are watching, and that we approve, and give them some recognition, then perhaps cops will be less likely to get frustrated with the general public when we do stupid, and the LEOs may be less likely to take that frustration out on us. did you ever think of that?

Old 05-09-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
now when a cop goes beyond the call of duty its just doing his job? if we are going to recognize LEOs that commit atrocities in th eline of duty, then we must also recognize LEOs that do good in the line of duty as well. perhaps when we let the LEOs doing a good job know that we are watching, and that we approve, and give them some recognition, then perhaps cops will be less likely to get frustrated with the general public when we do stupid, and the LEOs may be less likely to take that frustration out on us. did you ever think of that?
The public attitude toward police is well deserved.

If they don't want a negative perception, maybe they should protect and serve more often, so when it does happen it's not a miraculous feat of heroism, it's simply what's expected.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:31 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
The public attitude toward police is well deserved.

If they don't want a negative perception, maybe they should protect and serve more often, so when it does happen it's not a miraculous feat of heroism, it's simply what's expected.
in other words you dont care about your fellow man in the least, good attitude. perhaps you dont get any recgonition at your job so you take it out on others. did we somehow start recruiting LEOs from a different race of beings? or is it that in your opinion once they become a LEO they are no longer human? did it ever occur to you that perhaps YOUR negative attitude is what causes your problem with LEOs?

Old 05-09-2014, 01:33 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,430,404 times
At one time while in my late teens, I thought of joining the CHP. Not because I wanted any recognition or favor. I was merely impressed with how they would roll up to help disabled motorists. I have a cousin who is an LAPD Captain. Over a few decades, I witnessed several episodes of blatant disregard by wayward police officers, for the respect and dignity of South L.A. communities they supposedly were "protecting and serving". Did that tarnish my view of what law enforcement is supposed to be? Not one bit. However, I think I agree with Ecstatic Magnet's comment. Police are city employees who while deserving of respect for what they have chosen to risk their lives to do each day, are also public servants who are paid by the tax dollars of their communities. That to me, should be enough recognition and reward for a job well done by conscientious officers.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:37 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,710,473 times
Blah, blah, blah.... "Barney Fife rescued a kittie from tree, therefor we need to turn a blind eye when Officer Psychopath brutally beats an innocent person to death because after all, they have a tough job".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies