Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2014, 01:45 PM

1,070 posts, read 739,962 times

Advertisements

Civilization existed for a few thousand years without electricians, rocket scientists and football players but there were always people needed to prepare the food. Don't put anybody down especially since you have no clue what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
LOL...FF is a convenience service where discretionary money is spent.
People would still exist in society just fine with no FF restaurants.
And sales at US FF places are down and trending down.

Being a plumber or electrician or handyman on the other hand does provide a necessary service to society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 01:46 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
So business do not have the burden so the rest of us have to make up for it? I see it is just an excuse to have someone else pay for their employees. They want all the benefits of having an employee but not the cost. The business owners are the one who determine the worth which may or not be what the employee is actually worth. I would make the point that if a job cannot provide a living then why even have that position just to pay a slave wage?
Jobs in FF aren't meant to "make a living". They are for students and others that either live with roommates, at home or otherwise. They aren't long term positions. They are stepping stone positions. At least that is what they used to be.

The business doesn't determine the worth the market does.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:48 PM

155 posts, read 89,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
You see? You just lack the analytical skills necessary to have a constructive argument....
It's not "the same people" because then the subsidies wouldn't make any sense, would they? I mean, paying subsidies to myself, where the gain? No, while subsidies of course come from taxes, not everybody pays them (just 47% does) and not everybody in the same amount. So no, it's not the same people that pays taxes and enjoy subsidized prices lol.

Anyways, my point was that while nobody objects to paying prices that are lowered by countless subsidies and tax breaks, all of a sudden everybody becomes a staunch defender of the free market when it comes to paying wages. Hilarious. Lol
Well, I don't know about you, but I am certainly in the tax paying column, and have for 45 years.

Your renewed argument against simple fact, doesn't make you right. Those people who want market forces to apply, aren't the freeloaders who don't pay taxes, they are overwhelmingly the tax payers.

So once again, chalk up another of your "points" in the EPIC FAIL column.

For the record, I pay whatever is asked. If it is too high, I decline with thanks. My taxes go to subsidies, which come back to me (at least partially) in the form of lowered prices. You can quibble at the edges, but do you really want to demonstrate such smallness of thought?

Old 05-22-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Jobs in FF aren't meant to "make a living". They are for students and others that either live with roommates, at home or otherwise. They aren't long term positions. They are stepping stone positions. At least that is what they used to be.
You hit it on the head in the last sentence: that's what ff jobs used to be...

Old 05-22-2014, 01:50 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,274,837 times
Quote:

The business doesn't determine the worth the market does.
Not anymore have you even been out lately? There are adults working these jobs because the good factory jobs are gone. Or would you rather they just sit at home and collect welfare then work these low wage jobs so yo can complain how lazy they are? Market does not determine bull crap it is just a cover for businesses to pay what they want.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:51 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Civilization existed for a few thousand years without electricians, rocket scientists and football players but there were always people needed to prepare the food. Don't put anybody down especially since you have no clue what you're talking about.
Civilization as it exists in this country requires electricians. I may have to pay an electrician a ridiculous amount of money, a fast food worker not so much. They deserve more than they get but anywhere near $15 an hour? No way.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:54 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Not anymore have you even been out lately? There are adults working these jobs because the good factory jobs are gone. Or would you rather they just sit at home and collect welfare then work these low wage jobs so yo can complain how lazy they are? Market does not determine bull crap it is just a cover for businesses to pay what they want.
I never said lazy. I've worked at a 7/11, a Jack in the Box and a few other places. You don't stay at these positions unless you have no other job skills. I put my way through College doing those jobs. Are you trying to tell us these people are mentally incompetent? It actually takes someone somewhat sharp to manage a FF place so I find that hard to believe. Many schools offer free night classes. There are so many ways to get out of working FF.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conshelf View Post
Well, I don't know about you, but I am certainly in the tax paying column, and have for 45 years.

Your renewed argument against simple fact, doesn't make you right. Those people who want market forces to apply, aren't the freeloaders who don't pay taxes, they are overwhelmingly the tax payers.
Can you support that claim with any data? I didn't think so, so why even make it?

Again, my point was that everybody enjoys subsidized pricing but everyone wants "the market" to set the wages. It doesn't work this way...

Old 05-22-2014, 01:58 PM

Ditto!

Quote:

Old 05-22-2014, 01:59 PM

Buddy, wake up. There are thousands of people in this country with much more than "free night classes" who can't find jobs in their field. This 2014 and not 1965

Quote:
I never said lazy. I've worked at a 7/11, a Jack in the Box and a few other places. You don't stay at these positions unless you have no other job skills. I put my way through College doing those jobs. Are you trying to tell us these people are mentally incompetent? It actually takes someone somewhat sharp to manage a FF place so I find that hard to believe. Many schools offer free night classes. There are so many ways to get out of working FF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies