Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 10:19 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Why would it bother anyone for honest, law-abiding citizens to be carrying guns?
Does your weapon come with a big neon sign stating that you are a law-abiding citizen, if not how the frack am I suppose to know that? If I saw the two guys posted above, dressed so inappropriately for anything other than the Waffle House or Bob's All-U-Can Eat Fat Burgers, I would be well into the process of acquiring a very nice grip on my CONCEALED weapon because these guys look like total loons to me, not just Dork & the Loser trying to be in my face about the 2nd Amendment.

Quote:
I'd sure feel safer having some armed civilians in such a situation.
I think that it FAR safer to let thieves going about their thieving than trying to be Bruce Willis in a crowded restaurant

Quote:
What's with the religious-tinged phobia about guns?
Maybe it is because some folks want to delay their actual meeting with Jesus, but that's just a guest.

Quote:
Knives are probably a lot more ubiquitous and dangerous, and you don't hear people weeping and moaning about all the knives. Heck - cars kill more people than guns, too. Let's make "open driving" a crime.

Knives may be ubiquitous but they are far less lethal.

As for the car analogy... of for christ's sake! Ya'll need to bury that argument deep in the ground. If you can't distinguish between accidents and acts of malice it is too late for you at this point.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:25 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
I scratch my head in bewilderment as to why people feel the need to carry a gun everywhere they go. Paranoid much? And this constant in your face with guns little uprisings that keep popping up only supports my theory that those who have to hide behind their weapons 24/7 are mentally unstable.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:29 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Memo to Chipotle: Okay, so we'll carry concealed. Voila! Problem solved!

Old 05-20-2014, 10:42 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Actually, if that had been the case there wouldn't have ever been a freaking problem.

Which raises the question...

If open carry was such a great idea, why is it that the best personal security details on the planet carry concealed?

Old 05-20-2014, 10:46 AM

534 posts, read 904,642 times
Quote:
I'd rather you do that than have a bullying mob walk in a restaurant beaming proudly "I have a gun so don't mess with Texas" or however that saying goes. If you remember the club toting "pol watchers" that Fox News constantly demonized last election. Fox News was all about how the black panthers should be arrested and everyone in fox nation was screaming " voter intimidation". Wheel in my mind these open carry people are no different from the black panthers...this is gun brandishing and reckless endangerment and societal intimidation.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:12 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,212,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
I'd rather you do that than have a bullying mob walk in a restaurant beaming proudly "I have a gun so don't mess with Texas" or however that saying goes. If you remember the club toting "pol watchers" that Fox News constantly demonized last election. Fox News was all about how the black panthers should be arrested and everyone in fox nation was screaming " voter intimidation". Wheel in my mind these open carry people are no different from the black panthers...this is gun brandishing and reckless endangerment and societal intimidation.
Let me ask you this; I carry concealed, I am a u.s. army vet with overseas deployment and served to protect foreign dignitaries as well, with more training than some police officers. SO what's the difference between a cop open carrying in public, and a u.s. soldier?? Open carry is NOT necessarily meant to intimidate or bully, but merely a choice to allow ACCESS. DO you carry your phone in your purse, OR on your belt in a case??? DO you wear a watch or rely on the clock on your phone?? Same damn difference! STOP picking on subjects which you know very LITTLE about.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Exactly the stance that MORE trained individuals should adopt! The little anti-gun stickers on the doors of businesses wouldn't necessarily mean HELPLESS to a criminal or jealous spouse, etc.! IF concealed the right way, a person could go about his job all day long with co-workers being none the wiser, and at the same time they would be ... SAFER.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:22 PM

534 posts, read 904,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
Let me ask you this; I carry concealed, I am a u.s. army vet with overseas deployment and served to protect foreign dignitaries as well, with more training than some police officers. SO what's the difference between a cop open carrying in public, and a u.s. soldier?? Open carry is NOT necessarily meant to intimidate or bully, but merely a choice to allow ACCESS. DO you carry your phone in your purse, OR on your belt in a case??? DO you wear a watch or rely on the clock on your phone?? Same damn difference!
On a military post is open carry allowed?
At least with the military or the police there is a reason for them to be armed. Again a phone or a belt cannot accidentally kill someone. If a person can spend hundreds of dollars to purchase and brandish an assault weapon, they could certainly go through the process to be trained and certified to be proficient with a weapon.

In your experience would you be comfortable bringing children in to an environment that is not easily exited populated with unknown persons with semi automatic weapons that are designed to do as much damage to the human body as possible? Would you place your child's safety into to either of those two (pictured earlier)? What they present is a probably a common sight at a gun range, but other than a display of macho bravado and Dirty Harry methods, what on earth are f'n rifles doing at a restaurant?

Old 05-20-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
On a military post is open carry allowed?
At least with the military or the police there is a reason for them to be armed. Again a phone or a belt cannot accidentally kill someone. If a person can spend hundreds of dollars to purchase and brandish an assault weapon, they could certainly go through the process to be trained and certified to be proficient with a weapon.

In your experience would you be comfortable bringing children in to an environment that is not easily exited populated with unknown persons with semi automatic weapons that are designed to do as much damage to the human body as possible? Would you place your child's safety into to either of those two (pictured earlier)? What they present is a probably a common sight at a gun range, but other than a display of macho bravado and Dirty Harry methods, what on earth are f'n rifles doing at a restaurant?
On a military post? Quite possible, depending on the location and your MOS. I do agree, long guns or assault rifles in a restaurant would be a little extreme, BUT again this goes back to ACCESS. Would I be comfortable with children in the presence of people carrying weapons?? SURE, as long as those persons are trained and authorized to do so. Christine, YOU need to understand, that unless you're PRESENT when these situations occur, don't be so quick to pass judgement on those who might know better than you.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:35 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
midwest, I fail to see how comparing a phone or watch to a firearm is even logical or relevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies