Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2014, 06:01 PM

534 posts, read 905,384 times

Advertisements

I guess you won't dinning anytime soon if you try to bring in an ar...

Old 05-20-2014, 06:03 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,639,380 times
oh look, the troll is back.

You should look into what happened in Seattle when a bunch of businesses put up "gun free zone" stickers on their doors, god bless 'em.

Hint: They all started getting robbed by criminals at gunpoint, and took the stickers off.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:06 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,639,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
For that you would choose to shoot a person....? A bit drastic, yes?
you ever been around pepper spray? I got a tiny bit on one of my fingers, and later on that night rubbed my eye. It was tearing up and stinging for hours.

If someone randomly sprayed me with pepper spray I would not be a happy camper. I don't think I would be able to see the person to shoot, but I would certainly be pissed off enough to.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:33 PM

534 posts, read 905,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
you ever been around pepper spray? I got a tiny bit on one of my fingers, and later on that night rubbed my eye. It was tearing up and stinging for hours.

If someone randomly sprayed me with pepper spray I would not be a happy camper. I don't think I would be able to see the person to shoot, but I would certainly be pissed off enough to.
Perhaps since I started this topic, you would be considered the troll, matters not the names you wish to hurl. The gun demographic is like the Fox News viewership...they claim to be number one and will always be, but the sticky point is that fox is number one with elderly white males 68 and up. That is not good news for faux and it's not good news for the NRA that is not gaining ground with the so called millennial generation. With a few exceptions (like those enlightened and cerebral open carry extremists), the gun generation is slowly fading away. The open carry tantrums, the continued gun violence, and a decreasing relavency of tea publicans seems to show that we are in the twilight of the gun era...and not a min too soon.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:43 PM

473 posts, read 797,137 times
Quote:
Perhaps since I started this topic, you would be considered the troll, matters not the names you wish to hurl. The gun demographic is like the Fox News viewership...they claim to be number one and will always be, but the sticky point is that fox is number one with elderly white males 68 and up. That is not good news for faux and it's not good news for the NRA that is not gaining ground with the so called millennial generation. With a few exceptions (like those enlightened and cerebral open carry extremists), the gun generation is slowly fading away. The open carry tantrums, the continued gun violence, and a decreasing relavency of tea publicans seems to show that we are in the twilight of the gun era...and not a min too soon.

Can you cite to statistics and studies? Or just personal observations/opinions?

Old 05-20-2014, 07:28 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
[quote=Christinerica;34885086][quote=NickB1967;34884642]
Quote:
Seems that more and business are refusing to allow open carry people to intimidate and frighten those that choose to live a gun free life! I applaud Chipotle for deciding to tell the gun "enthusiasts and second amendment" true believers to leave the guns at home. I guess the market place is starting to frown on those that believe today's society should be a Wild West gun smoke show.

How many times have been raped, mugged or robbed?
Twice in a 72 hour period when I was in Washington DC.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:34 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,300,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

Twice in a 72 hour period when I was in Washington DC.
I wouldn't worry about buying lottery tickets then.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:44 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,215,167 times
Quote:
I guess you won't dinning anytime soon if you try to bring in an ar...
Christine, I doubt you'd know an AR if it snuck up and rubbed your elbow! I have a weapon on me almost always in restaurants, and it NEVER creates a stir, so continue with your anti-gun whining.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Not remotely true, christine , now go lay down and ease your mind before you hurt yourself with it.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
It's not about defending your self it's about people in a restaurant and a companies decision to refuse service to ar carrying groups or individuals. The company has spoken and now the gun people must find a different place to eat.

The marketplace has spoken and said good bye to rifles carried in the open at restaurants. This trend will continue as the demographic of the gun enthusiast continues to shrink.

Eventually guns in public will be a rarity. Won't be congress that outlaws guns, it will be businesses that understand they will lose market share by allowing weapons on display on their premises. That is how we liberals work, by making undesired behavior cost business profits.
Christine, IF you had any idea at ALL how many ARMED men and women dine in public restaurants right NEXT to you on a daily basis, you'd WET yourself!
Weapons are a fact of LIFE, and you would do well to wise up and accept that fact, because it has NOTHING to do with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies