Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2014, 10:08 PM

37,962 posts, read 17,937,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueringfools View Post
I'd argue true capitalism hasn't really existed in any part of the world. If you think there has been ANY semblance of capitalism in the US economy since 1913 you're a buffoon who not only fails to understand the basic tenets of capitalism but fails miserably to understand the American economy and how we got into the mess we're in now.

I'd take it one step further and say the type of capitalism that Adam Smith and John Lock envisioned not only never existed, could and will never exist in modern 21st century society. There are tenets of capitalism that are superior to all other economic systems. But to act like it's some sort of holy grail of prosperity that will life the world out of poverty and give peace on earth is not only absurd but completely juvenile and ignorant.
free-market capitalism vs state capitalism
free and voluntary exchanges vs groups using government
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 09:03 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,018,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Oh brother. You have no idea what you are talking about. The alternative to inflation is far worse... (deflation). Ron Paul is an idiot.

In the 19th century, women and minorities didn't have rights. Labor rights were few and far between. I'll pass, thanks.

Oh boy! Here we go again with the "b-b-b-but if Paul is elected minorities and women will lose their rights" BS! What is in that kool aide that you're drinking?

Old 05-27-2014, 09:07 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,635,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I agree-Rand is much more of a Republican establishment type.

I am looking forward to Bernie Sanders making a Presidential run.
Sanders is interesting. He is the one politician I have seen who doesn't suck up to Wall St banksters......

Old 05-27-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Sanders is interesting. He is the one politician I have seen who doesn't suck up to Wall St banksters......
Rand Paul is another as is Senator Lee Utah, Rep Amash Michigan, Rep Massie Kentucky, Rep Grayson Florida to name a few

Old 05-27-2014, 10:12 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,635,991 times
another good idea: Also an isolationist policy, with no more u$ele$$ wars.

iirc, Ron Paul initially was going that route.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
another good idea: Also an isolationist policy, with no more u$ele$$ wars.

iirc, Ron Paul initially was going that route.
To be specific, non intervention. Trade with all nations entangling alliances with none. North Korea is isolationist.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:44 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,506,540 times
Between Rand Paul and a shameless power-luster like Hillary Clinton my inclination would be to go with Paul. But that could change, depending on how much he bends to the religious right to get the nomination.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:17 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,968,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Between Rand Paul and a shameless power-luster like Hillary Clinton
Ugh...

Old 05-28-2014, 01:12 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,764,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
oh you mean the ron Paul that has 6 of his family members ( the most in Congress) working for him so they can siphon off campaign money into their pockets....

yup he is a real winner.

I find it amusing when people think we can eliminate 80% of government and still have a good place to live.
We don't need roads, we don't need to protect the environment, business will do it. Who needs a postal service? who needs healthcare or social security? Who needs to look out after Veterans? The Pauls are against everything that makes our lifestyle easy, could their deep holdings in gold be the reason? undermine the country and your price of gold will triple or more.

No thanks for any of the Pauls in government I'd just assume Rand be retired too.
This is another example as unbrainwashed is, that have no clue what the Pauls are about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies