Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 07:27 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
From your link:

Quote:
"Um actually, there's children here," she replies, "and you're a dumbass."
From a mother...I thought hte left was supposed to be tolerant? Guess not...

Old 05-27-2014, 07:34 AM

Not reading this entire BS thread....

However, I can guess that it's all about the gun, even though this kid killed 3 people with a knife prior to going on his killing spree with the gun...

So, it's all about the guns....not the knives....typical leftits crap...

Quote:
Elliot Rodger, the son of a Hollywood director, stabbed three people to death in his apartment before gunning
Gunman kills six in rampage in California college town | Reuters

Oh, and don't worry about all the signs this guy left behind....need to be PC, and not offend him telling him that he may need help....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no cannot do that....you have to be nice and say good things....

Remember everyone is a winner, no matter what the score is in the end....you're a winner.......

Old 05-27-2014, 07:43 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,844,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Deadliest U.S. mass shootings

http://timelines.latimes.com/deadlie...ting-rampages/

Almost all of these shooters had untreated mental illnesses.
Wow! Look at the increase from 2010 to present compared to earlier decades. We are nuts.

Christoper Dorner killing not included. Bodycount too low? Only 5 killed.

Last edited by Felix C; 05-27-2014 at 07:51 AM..

Old 05-27-2014, 07:59 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
I have to wonder why the NRA always gets blamed! None of the other gun/shooting organizations get blamed for anything...
No, I am not an NRA member.
Nor am I a member of any of the others.
YET!

Old 05-27-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I have to wonder why the NRA always gets blamed! None of the other gun/shooting organizations get blamed for anything...
No, I am not an NRA member.
Nor am I a member of any of the others.
YET!
Because thye are sheep and do what they aer told...

ugg...NRA BAD..ugg

ugg...guns bad...ugg

Old 05-27-2014, 08:07 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
From your first link

Your second link is more of the same, more guns is the answer.

So where has this NRA focus been in the 2 years since LaPierre's statement, ,looks lik ehi smessage has been lost.
Under the states refusal to do so. I'm aware Virginia is in it and has been since 07 after the VA tech shootings, and we aren't known to be high in crime as a state compared to Maryland, which has one of the strictest gun laws in the country.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:36 AM

587 posts, read 1,412,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
He grew up a White person in a White home in an affluent White community. He's a half-Asian who was always considered part of the White community and therefore, the community needs to address its culture of entitlement and violence.
I strongly disagree with this. White people do not claim any type of biracial people. The vast majority of white people would simply call him "Asian" after finding out his mother was Asian. It doesn't matter that he looks obviously mixed race. America still operates off the 1800's one-drop rule in terms of mixed race people even in 2014. Full package white privilege with benefits is never afforded to biracial people in any context.

His background is probably a reason why he felt like such an outcast. He obviously had a thing for blonde white girls. Many of these blonde white girls probably looked at him as nothing but a handsome, but creepy Asian guy. It is no secret Asian men have it harder when it comes to interracial dating. The interracial dating arena is really only dominated by two types of pairings: white men/Asian women, black men/white women. It is much rarer to see an Asian man with a white woman, even in California where it is definitely more common. He may have been mixed race, but most people in his homogenous white community viewed him as being an Asian man and all the stereotypes that go with it. But he was rich, attractive and intelligent and could have easily found someone who liked him for him and didn't care about parochial outdated perceptions of the obsession of race and stereotypes.

At the end of the day, its not a race issue. Its an entitlement issue. This kid grew up in affluence and privilege with everything handed to him. Tooling around in a newer BMW, growing up in a million dollar home with wealthy high status parents and living in beautiful Santa Barbara, California. But he lived in a bubble where he was not top dog. The wealthy areas of suburban Southern California are as shallow as it gets. His father was in Hollywood amongst all the so-called "beautiful people".

He believed he was entitled to popularity and an active sex life with his choice of women without having to as so much approach a woman in a friendly manner. He expected young women to throw themselves at him because he was good-looking and drove a newer BMW. But thats probably not going to happen in a place like Santa Barbara. The only place that would happen would probably be in the ghetto, barrio, trailer park or other generic lower middle class/working class area where people aren't used to seeing that type of thing everyday. But even then, you have to approach those women staring at you.

I doubt he ever even approached a woman in a reasonable context in his life. And if he did, he was looking for love in the wrong places like snooty bars and parties populated by stuck-up local "popular" young women of similar privilege (i.e. sorority girls that he obsessed over). He didn't like pick up artists and the top places PUA's seem to look for love is in bars and clubs which are not the best places to look for love to begin. But I guarantee he never approached that cute girl eyeing him in the library or computer lab at his school who would have dated him.

All in all, this guy was insane. He had a serious Patrick Bateman complex. A sheltered wealthy attractive young man born into rich circumstances but was driven homicidally insane by the soulless selfish shallow materialistic hedonistic perspective he had of the world around him.

Last edited by LunaticVillage; 05-27-2014 at 09:05 AM..

Old 05-27-2014, 08:38 AM

53 posts, read 131,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Under the states refusal to do so. I'm aware Virginia is in it and has been since 07 after the VA tech shootings, and we aren't known to be high in crime as a state compared to Maryland, which has one of the strictest gun laws in the country.
Sadly but true, " Don't ask of your Government what you should be doing your self ". Everyone needs to start packing, while we can ask and get a cop on every corner , who is going to be there to protect those in between those same corners. In this case had someone had a gun after the first shot they could have put a stop the this crazy kid.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:46 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Translation = "I can't refute what you just said so I'll try to deflect"
It's been refuted over and over. You are just bitter.

It's obvious where the problem was. No he was not some nice respectful kid.

Elliot Rodger's Previous Attacks on Women, Couples

Elliot Rodger's Previous Attacks on Women, Couples - Yahoo

If a real professional had been assigned to go to the welfare check, maybe we would have a different outcome.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:53 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticVillage View Post
I strongly disagree with this. White people do
not claim any type of biracial people. The vast majority of white people would
simply call him "Asian" after finding out his mother was Asian. It doesn't
matter that he looks obviously mixed race. America still operates off the 1800's
one-drop rule in terms of mixed race people even in 2014. Full package white
privilege with benefits is never afforded to biracial people in any context.
While I agree with the above, I also know from living in places with lots of mixed White-Asian people that they almost reflexively will identify themselves as White. I also know that Asians and Asian Americans ofttimes condition their daughters to prefer White men over all others, including Asians.

Quote:

His background is probably a reason why he felt like such an outcast. He
obviously had a thing for blonde white girls. Many of these blonde white girls
probably looked at him as nothing but a handsome, but creepy Asian guy. It is no
secret Asian men have it harder when it comes to interracial dating. The
interracial dating arena is really only dominated by two types of pairings:
white men/Asian women, black men/white women. It is much rarer to see an Asian
man with a white woman, even in California where it is definitely more common.
He may have been mixed race, but most people in his homogenous white community
viewed him as being an Asian man and all the stereotypes that go with it. But he
was rich, attractive and intelligent and could have easily found someone who
liked him for him and didn't care about parochial outdated perceptions of the
obsession of race and stereotypes.

At the end of the day, its not a race issue. Its an entitlement issue. This
kid grew up in affluence and privilege with everything handed to him. Tooling
around in a newer BMW, growing up in a million dollar home with wealthy high
status parents and living in beautiful Santa Barbara, California. But he lived
in a bubble where he was not top dog. The wealthy areas of suburban Southern
California are as shallow as it gets. His father was in Hollywood amongst all
the so-called "beautiful people". He believed he was entitled to popularity and
an active sex life with his choice of women without having to as so much
approach a woman in a friendly manner. I doubt eh ever even approached a woman
in his life. And if he did, he was looking for love in the wrong places like
snooty bars and parties populated by stuck-up local "popular" young women of
similar privilege (i.e. sorority girls that he obsessed over). But I guarantee
he never approached that cute girl eyeing him in the library or computer lab at
his school who would have dated him. After all, he didn't work for his BMW or
the mansion he was living in or the status of being an assistant director's son.
He had a serious Patrick Bateman complex. A sheltered wealthy attractive young
man born into rich circumstances but was driven homicidally insane by the
soulless selfish shallow materialistic hedonistic perspective he had of the
world around him.
Interesting observations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies