Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2014, 10:16 AM

4 posts, read 6,655 times

Advertisements

What about the ones he stabbed?take knifes also!

Old 05-26-2014, 10:18 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,697,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
One thing I haven't seen adressed yet. CA is the poster child stage for firearms restriction. The gun laws on the books in CA are enough to make the daffyest gun control freak giddy with joy. I know a couple people who were arrested on gun charges in CA. Hardly criminals, they were semi pro competitive shooters One was arrested and had his guns confiscated because his pistol case was "not locked properly" and there was ONE empty case in the trunk with the guns. That's "ammunition". Another was arrested, guns confiscated, because he had some loose ammunition in his console. His guns were in the trunk , locked up.
This kind of thing happens all the time there. Whilst the bangers are driving around with Macs and Uzis hanging out the windowstjrning streets where children play into free fire zones, the cops and courts are nailing legitimate and proper gun owners to the wall for flat STUPID reasons. How's all that "gun control" working out stopping real criminals?
Sure worked in this case..yea? Yep, its the NRAs fault. And the anti 2a out house rats keep talking about "common sense". Ummmm....yea
At the ICORE regionals in Morro Bay last year, there we're THREE cop cars sitting out on the highway, looking to pull competitors over as they left the match. Uh:huh...a d you gun control Looney tunes say these laws will stop gun crime. Yep, sure thing. These cops didn't have anything better to do in San Luis Obisbo? No actual bad guys with guns anywhere? Whatever. CA is a gun grabbers paradise. And yet this still happened and its the NRAs fault. Gimme a break!
The laws in California are not restrictive enough. In New Jersey where I live, this would have never happened, because it is impossible for 99% of residentS to buy the types of guns Rodger used in his rampage.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:21 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,488,864 times
Here we go again.

Seven people dead, and all the gun nuts can think about is how this might affect them. I have never seen such single-minded narcissism in my life.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:25 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,308,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Here we go again.

Seven people dead, and all the gun nuts can think about is how this might affect them. I have never seen such single-minded narcissism in my life.
It wasn't the "gun nuts" that went on attack. I suppose it depends on your definition of "gun nuts" though.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:35 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,806,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
That's right. Instead of championing personal responsibility for actions, he's blaming the second amendment and law abiding citizens who have the right to carry for unstable people who go on murdering sprees. The aunt calls Obama to action. Will this stir up another gun control debate before the midterms?
I feel bad for the victims families, but to politicize this so quickly is mind boggling. California has the most stringent gun control of any state. It's easier to adopt a baby than it is to get a CCP.

We have a Senator who has been charged with gun trafficking, while at the same time he was sponsoring extreme gun control legislation.

Welcome to the idiocy that is California

The blame should be laid on this idiots Hollywood director dad. I'm sure he spewed all sorts of anti-gun and anti-conservative rhetoric as the boy grew up. There are very few people working in Hollywood who aren't on the extreme side of liberalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It wasn't the "gun nuts" that went on attack. I suppose it depends on your definition of "gun nuts" though.
You are correct. It wasn't the gun nuts, those crazy Constitution lovers and protectors of the 2nd. It was a son of a Hollywood producer, and more than probably a gun hater. The gunman said in his own manifesto that the first time he shot his gun it made him sick. Hardly sounds like a pro-gun person.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:36 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,922,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Here we go again.

You are in the Politics and other Controversies forum...not the boo hoo boo hoo for loony grieving parents forum.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:39 AM

15,879 posts, read 14,524,048 times
Default California rampage proves gun laws don't work

As most people know by now, there was mass shooting in Isla Vista, CA. I'm sure the anti-gun crowd is going to use this as part of a call for stricter gun laws. However, one of the big take aways from this event were how useless the gun laws were in preventing the attack.

As stated in the article below, CA has some of the strictest gun laws in the country, and all the weapons used were bought in CA.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/26/us...on.html?ref=us

One of the big bugaboos of antis is that people buy guns in the more free states and bring them to the higher gun control states to commit crimes. This was not the case here.

CA has stricter/more intrusive laws than most of the country with regard to mental health issues and guns. In point of fact CA has most of the laws that the antis want to impose on the entire country. And they failed miserably.

This just shows the ultimate futility of gun control.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:42 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,818,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You are in the Politics and other Controversies forum...not the boo hoo boo hoo for loony grieving parents forum.
On top of that we feel for the parent and in the end it is the parent who went off on gun owners instead of blaming the failed mental Heath care and that the same person killed within minutes people with a knife and a car so there are multiple weapons used.

I don't think this morning father will never use a knife or car in his life.

I'm very sorry for his loss but can't feel anything for his ridiculous rant. He is a lawyer and even though he must have been under a lot if stress and grief and maybe in shock which is understandable...his rant didn't make any sense in a case like this.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:43 AM

17,403 posts, read 12,002,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I can think of two off the top of my head:

Adam Lanza and Eric Harris.
I don't think Eric Harris was a redneck. And Adam Lanza was definitely not one. In fact, the common factor in most of these shootings are males in their early 20's, raised in affluence, with some sort of mental disorder.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:43 AM

13,308 posts, read 7,887,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Yes for people with common sense but to gun haters it is still the gun.

Btw in The Netherlands these hood ornaments are forbidden for decades due to the danger they can cause. Also cars with broken bumpers can't be on the road due to the danger they can cause to pedestrians and bikers.
Common sense?

Should hood ornaments be mounted on Glocks as gunsights?

Chrome Rubber Duck Hood Ornament - The Truckers Choice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8ORNoY4BIU

Netherlanders need to loosen up some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies