Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2014, 09:09 AM

833 posts, read 1,199,453 times

Advertisements

Op makes me want to jump off of a bridge. That guy should be an American hero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 09:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It would be interesting to find out how much of Putin's recent inexplicable actions may have something to do with things he read in Snowden's release of information.
Snowden didn't give away any details of US strategy.
He exposed the collusion of the USG and tech companies to intercept calls and emails of any person anywhere in the world.

What's more interesting is that the USG used it for more than tracking down terrorists.
They are using that data for economic and political gain.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:23 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
He committed a criminal act.
The government is committed a crime.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:44 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,938 times
Snowden is an American hero, next to Bradly Manning, Bob Ross, and Mr. Rogers. He is right, the privacy of our nation is the biggest issues, from home invasions, to collecting miles and miles of data, from phone calls, messaging, and various services.

Snowden did no real harm. He just saw something that was wrong and shine some light on it. Back then we had the house of un-Americans, who would do all kinds of illegal things to anybody who spoke out about being pro communism. Snowden is basically showing us, that by letting these looney tunes, loose in the hearing rooms, we as a people, are vandalizing everything the United States represents.

However I do agree, spying on peoples computers, phone calls, and so forth are things that should be protected by the law, for everybody, no matter what they do or say on these devices. They are even taking away peoples electronic devices, when they come inside via aports. I mean if this was 1991, nobody would have any right to invade anybodies privacy in that manor. It is inhumane, and against the law.

What happen with 9/11 is that they had plastic, and nobody fought back, until it was too late. If people just said, hey, they have stupid retarded knives, we wouldn't have to deal with this mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
Op makes me want to jump off of a bridge. That guy should be an American hero.
You should see the documentary "Flag Wars". It makes me think, why did Charles Bronson, have to pass away. It would make a great film.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:45 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
He could have persevered.

But he took the illegal way and it WILL bite him in the ass.
Why aren't you tired of being wrong? Why are you posting if you have no intention of actually learning anything?

I can't believe a person can be so intent on a false narrative as to make him or herself look so foolish.

Unless of course you are an Obama shill! If Snowden had had a means of coming out without being persecuted, I'm sure he would have. Obama made sure that contractors were exempt from protections. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Old 05-28-2014, 10:46 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
There is one thing this thread has made clear from older threads. There are far fewer willing to condemn Snowden now.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Snowden didn't give away any details of US strategy.
He exposed the collusion of the USG and tech companies to intercept calls and emails of any person anywhere in the world.

What's more interesting is that the USG used it for more than tracking down terrorists.
They are using that data for economic and political gain.
Yet he is charged with espionage, by an administration that should be charged with tyranny! The fool that started this thread has no clue. Proof there are monkeys with keyboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is one thing this thread has made clear from older threads. There are far fewer willing to condemn Snowden now.
I agree somewhat. The fact is that Snowden went about doing what he did because he was forced to. If Obama had protected him I know full well he would have come out in the US press a different way. THAT is scary, because the US Press would have made him a footnote. We are at the mercy of evil men, both in politics and in the press.

How can we believe anything anymore?

Look at what they've done to our soldiers, letting them die to make quotas. IRS targeting, NSA spying on citizens, the Benghazi fiasco. Seriously, who has faith in our government anymore? If you do, you are an idiot!

Old 05-28-2014, 11:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Yet he is charged with espionage, by an administration that should be charged with tyranny! The fool that started this thread has no clue. Proof there are monkeys with keyboards.

I agree somewhat. The fact is that Snowden went about doing what he did because he was forced to. If Obama had protected him I know full well he would have come out in the US press a different way. THAT is scary, because the US Press would have made him a footnote. We are at the mercy of evil men, both in politics and in the press.

How can we believe anything anymore?

Look at what they've done to our soldiers, letting them die to make quotas. IRS targeting, NSA spying on citizens, the Benghazi fiasco. Seriously, who has faith in our government anymore? If you do, you are an idiot!
We can't. We have high level government officials lying to Congress (Clapper) or taking the 5th (Lerner).
We have the MSM getting their stories vetted by the WH before they are printed (NY Times).

Old 05-28-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We can't. We have high level government officials lying to Congress (Clapper) or taking the 5th (Lerner).
We have the MSM getting their stories vetted by the WH before they are printed (NY Times).
Like I said, clearly, we can trust nothing. I tried to prop you, but I couldn't.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:25 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
He wants to come home but under certain conditions.

The only condition I would consider is immediately tried, convicted and shot.

http://rt.com/news/161396-snowden-co...ns-return-usa/
That's because you are a sheep that doesn't mind being lied to and spied on by your own governement. BAAAAAAAA!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies