Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 09:52 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 1 day ago)

52,703 posts, read 47,981,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
And the left, along with their Gay Mafia comrades cheer!

Houston Mayor Forces All to Open Girls Rooms to Men
Mayor Parker should have left well enough alone. So where, now, do we put the urinals? And what about signage for the restrooms? What about indecent exposure charges? There's a whole bunch of things to take into account here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 09:55 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I read the article and the linked article that was apparently the source. As far as I can tell, the claim that this has anything to do with opening bathrooms, showers, etc. to members of the opposite sex is a total lie, and I will continue to believe that until the OP or someone else can show me the language of the ordinance that requires it.
It is a lie.

Houston passed a human rights ordinance nearly exactly like the ones in New York City, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Philadelphia, Miami, San Antonio, Baltimore, etc., etc.

It protects gay folks from discrimination.

Men cannot walk into women's bathrooms.

Women cannot enter men's locker rooms.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:59 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Mayor Parker should have left well enough alone. So where, now, do we put the urinals? And what about signage for the restrooms? What about indecent exposure charges? There's a whole bunch of things to take into account here.
You really didn't read the articles or the discussion so far did you?

Old 05-29-2014, 10:01 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
It is a lie.

Houston passed a human rights ordinance nearly exactly like the ones in New York City, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Philadelphia, Miami, San Antonio, Baltimore, etc., etc.

It protects gay folks from discrimination.

Men cannot walk into women's bathrooms.

Women cannot enter men's locker rooms.
Hey now! Dont let facts and reality get in the way of what they are 100% sure liberals and the gays are doing.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:16 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
One way Philadelphia is dealing with transgender people is by providing single/"family"/non-gender specific restrooms.

Believe it or not some men and women are "pee-shy" and can't go in a public restroom, this is a boon for them too.

You go to one of these restrooms, lock the door, you're all alone.

City Hall and municipal buildings have them. Most buildings on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania (where I work) and Drexel University (where my gym is) have them. No, men cannot use the Ladies Room.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Houston Mayor Forces All to Open Girls Rooms to Houston Mayor Forces All to Open Girls Rooms to Men (The liberal insanity continues)
I didn't find anything particularly unusual in the ordinance that would be an issue:

http://www.houstontx.gov/ordinancefe..._ordinance.pdf

I'll withhold further comments until the final version of the ordinance is available.

[some of you probably should, too]

Old 05-29-2014, 10:20 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
No, men cannot use the Ladies Room.
But, what about equality?

Old 05-29-2014, 10:22 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
One way Philadelphia is dealing with transgender people is by providing single/"family"/non-gender specific restrooms.

Believe it or not some men and women are "pee-shy" and can't go in a public restroom, this is a boon for them too.

You go to one of these restrooms, lock the door, you're all alone.

City Hall and municipal buildings have them. Most buildings on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania (where I work) and Drexel University (where my gym is) have them. No, men cannot use the Ladies Room.
The family restrooms are good for changing babies and using the restroom when you need to watch the baby.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:33 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Mayor's proposed ordinance, among other things, requires Houston businesses to make all women's bathrooms, showers, and locker rooms available to all who are dressed in female attire, without regard to biological sex. Proposed NDO, Sec. 17-51(b) (the "Open Bathrooms Component"). This provision subjects women and girls to sexual predators who are allegedly confused by their gender identity.”
Dr. Steven Hotze, Republican political kingmaker, author, and owner of a successful health and wellness center, argues that “Mayor Parker’s ordinance would include minority status for transvestites, allowing men who dress as women to enter women’s public bathrooms and locker room areas.” Dr. Hotze says that his intent is to “protect my wife, daughters and granddaughters from being exposed to the dangers of male sexual predators masquerading as women in women’s bathrooms and other facilities.”

The new ordinance (HERO) applies to all City Facilities and any business that employees 50 people or more. Health clubs, Hotels and the like. I wonder if this applies to Schools? Won't that be fun, any make who puts on a skirt now has access to all female locker rooms and shower facilities as well as the restrooms ..... if it does apply to schools. I don't know why it wouldn't apply to schools, they are City Facilities.
Schools are not city facilities.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:02 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,799,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ek47 View Post
More like trans-nauseous. And take your SJW buzzword crap back to reddit.
"SJW buzzword"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies