Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2014, 02:52 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
I could care less what the talking heads have to say. Having been in Iraq, and knowing what I saw on the ground and what was being reported by the DoD were two entirely different things means I trust far more what the soldiers who were actually there are saying and not some politco's thousands of miles away trying to whitewash the situation for political reasons the same way that it happened with Pat Tillman and Jessica Lynch.

Guys died hunting for Bergdahl, that is an indisputable fact. COP Keating was supposed to be shutdown until Bergdahl disappeared, it was kept open and was overrun by the Taliban, that is also indisputable. Dozens were either killed or wounded in the search for Bergdahl.

Whether you want to deny that because you have a political axe to grind is irrelevant to me.
Chuck Hagel is briefed by the military leadership, until I see other proof or investigative reporting from a meaningful news outlet I will go with his story rather than nameless anecdotal evidence. If there is indisputable fact then produce it.

Chuck Hagel: Unaware of Soldiers Killed in Search for Bowe Bergdahl - WSJ

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how can conservatives distance themselves from 'talking points' they've never heard of?
Bahahahahahahahaha.

If you spend five minutes on this forum, you've seen this talking point, and we all know it.

Geez, next time you crack a joke, give a girl some warning so she can put down the Diet Coke.

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
I firmly believe Obama is a Muslim and a member of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:54 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Chuck Hagel is briefed by the military leadership, until I see other proof or investigative reporting from a meaningful news outlet I will go with his story rather than nameless anecdotal evidence. If there is indisputable fact then produce it.

Chuck Hagel: Unaware of Soldiers Killed in Search for Bowe Bergdahl - WSJ
Hagel is an IDIOT of the highest order. So the families of the dead soldiers are all lying? You believing liars is all I need to see from you to know not to ever take anything you post seriously.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:55 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how can conservatives distance themselves from 'talking points' they've never heard of?
Seriously... I didn't hear of this until I opened it on CD. Seems to me it's the left who are actively searching for the most ridiculous drivel they can find, for the specific purpose of re-posting and claiming all conservatives should be ashamed.

Blame yourselves for pushing this guys stupid mindset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Why don't liberals distance themselves from people who free traitors such as this Bergdahl guy or the terrorist lawyer who was released a few months ago?
Now that makes sense. Seems the left in here love them a good deserter and releasing the five most dangerous terrorists we had is a plus for them. It's mind numbing.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:56 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Hagel is an IDIOT of the highest order. So the families of the dead soldiers are all lying? You believing liars is all I need to see from you to know not to ever take anything you post seriously.
How did the families of the dead soldiers communicate with them for a first hand account as to how and when they were killed? Did they hire Sylvia Brown?

Old 06-04-2014, 02:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
it is evidence that the taliban has found a way to get their people out of jail.
were you thinking of doing some traveling in the mideast any time soon?

Old 06-04-2014, 03:00 PM

741 posts, read 764,169 times
And ... because he reportedly released 500 detainees from Gitmo during his term of office ... Bush II was the Ayatollah, right?

Old 06-04-2014, 03:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Naw he's not at all like Bush!
Your right. He lies even more than Bush did.

Old 06-04-2014, 03:03 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
And ... because he reportedly released 500 detainees from Gitmo during his term of office ... Bush II was the Ayatollah, right?
Actually, it only proved that he kept the worst and released the rest. Even at that, 16% of those released went right back to killing Americans. They should try all of them as war criminals in a military court.

As for this trade, Obama released the worst in exchange for a deserter, and possibly a conspirator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies