Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 09:07 PM

864 posts, read 800,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Ah, more assumptions I see.
Based on FBI crime stats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 09:12 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
Yeah but still hard working and blue collar. Unlike the section 8 slums full of lazy drug addicts, gang members, and illegals that typify liberal strongholds like Chicago, and Oakland.
Hahahaha.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:20 PM

112 posts, read 92,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The least educated and poorest look pretty Republican to me.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/35061477-post125.html

It's easy to leave something out that was never said. The only qualifier most of you used was black/Hispanic = high crime. Had you (or anyone) said high density, impoverished, drug infested, inner cities have higher crime levels we would not even be having a discussion. However, that's not what happened.
The least educated is States in that post, while the poorest are not major cities. This post is about cities. Find the least educated major cities, bet they are mostly Dem too. I agree with imissthe90's, when there are far more Dem cities, they are far more likely to be at the top of any list. That means that politics isn't the deciding factor.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:22 PM

864 posts, read 800,109 times
Why isn't politics a factor?

Why do all the homeless, drug addicts, gang bangers and illegals flock to major cities and vote Democrat every election? Is it because they believe in the left ideals, or is it because voting democrat means the gravy train keeps on runnin'?

Old 06-02-2014, 09:28 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,598 times
Quote:

Why do all the homeless, drug addicts, gang bangers and illegals flock to major cities and vote Democrat every election? Is it because they believe in the left ideals, or is it because voting democrat means the gravy train keeps on runnin'?
The politics are not the cause; the politics are the result.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:29 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,081 times
Quote:

Because cities attract those types of people. Even Rep cities attract those people. A lot of them go there thinking they can become something, they fail, and end up in one of those categories. Some of them have been there for 100 years and they have always been in bad situations, and they simply stay. Illegals go there because it is easier to stay anonymous. Most of those same people you are talking about don't vote either. So again, you argument makes no sense. Are you really this dense or are you just playing it up?

Old 06-02-2014, 09:32 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Based on FBI crime stats.
Oh good, so you have a link that backs up your claims from the FBI. I would love to see it.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:35 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
my first post mentioned high density, impoverished - i suggest you read again:
Your first post mentions nothing about population density. You specifically said that cities with a high density of blacks or Hispanics will always have higher crime. However, I do see that you did mention poverty, drugs, and unemployment. Nevertheless, you are still wrong that crime will always be higher where there is a high density of blacks or Hispanics.

Quote:
Crime will always be higher where there is a high black density because blacks have a higher
unemployment/poverty factor and drugs and crime follow suit. Same can be said with cities with
high density Hispanics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisblues1986 View Post
The least educated is States in that post, while the poorest are not major cities. This post is about cities. Find the least educated major cities, bet they are mostly Dem too. I agree with imissthe90's, when there are far more Dem cities, they are far more likely to be at the top of any list. That means that politics isn't the deciding factor.
I couldn't find a recent list, but feel free to link any list you come across. However, while I am not taking the position that politics are a factor, education is not something that is valued by the conservative parts of the country.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:09 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Your first post mentions nothing about population density. You specifically said that cities with a high density of blacks or Hispanics will always have higher crime. However, I do see that you did mention poverty, drugs, and unemployment. Nevertheless, you are still wrong that crime will always be higher where there is a high density of blacks or Hispanics.

I couldn't find a recent list, but feel free to link any list you come across. However, while I am not taking the position that politics are a factor, education is not something that is valued by the conservative parts of the country.
What do you think high density means Not to mention the word city should give you
a clue.

Statistics as well as common sense lets anyone know who is not in denial, that
in our major inner cities, crime will always be higher where there is a high density of blacks or
Hispanics for the reasons i mentioned - high unemployment, drugs, incarceration, unwed mothers
and lack of wanting or getting an education.

Reading, writing, arithmetic does not require a whole lot - but it does require a willingness.
A willingness of the student and a willingness of the parents to teach beyond the classroom.

And then there is the group of folks, regardless of any color, who are just plain dumb.
All the schools and money is not going to help them. They were born that way.
But we no longer have an industrial/agricultural base in which to place folks like that for work.
So they are stuck.

Politically, I think people vote their interests and pocketbook, or lack of one.
Doesn't matter if one is Republican or Democrat. You are going to vote ^^^
That is why politicians pander in the first place

I disagree that conservatives do not value education. They simply do not think the
Federal Dept of Education is know all, be all. Bringing that monster down to size is
a real political talking point...

Old 06-03-2014, 04:58 AM

112 posts, read 92,945 times
Quote:

My point stands.

Red State, Blue City: How the Urban-Rural Divide Is Splitting America - Atlantic Mobile

According to that article, 27 of the 30 most populous cities are democrat. So wouldn't it reason that they would be at the top of ANY list? For me that proves that politics aren't the deciding factor like the OP wants people to believe. It is a "city" problem, not a democrat problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies