Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 03:51 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
ALL of the financial deregulation by the Clinton Administration, the epitome of evil being embodied in the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 has forever destroyed the U.S economy. It directly lead to the housing bubble and 2008 economic crash which we are still feeling the effects of today.

Obama's criminal maintenance of Gitmo and continued remote random killing program using Predator drones in the Middle East is probably one of the most vile and criminal use of executive authority in contemporary American politics.

Obama should be in the dock at The Hague for these crimes.

Obama's continued prosecution of martial violence in Afghanistan is evil beyond all description.

If Obama had a shred of humanity, he'd send pediatric doctors and civil engineers to Afghanistan to provide potable water delivery. F*** all. Everything else is service to f****** evil. Let the Taliban just try to shoot at them. They'd be vaporized by the locals in a heartbeat.
But you failed to mention that republicans supported the "Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000" more than democrats did. Why do you attack Clinton for a law that republicans wanted more than democrats?

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/106-2000/h540

Then you attack Obama for the criminal maintenance of Gitmo. But "president Obama has been trying to close GITMO for years, but Sen. Lindsey Graham warned the president that Republicans will impeach him if he releases any more prisoners or tries to close the prison."

Sen. Lindsey Graham Threatens Obama With Impeachment For Trying To Close GITMO

Why are you attacking Obama for Gitmo when GW Bush created Gitmo, and Obama has been trying to shut it down for years?

Then you attack Obama for killing people with drones. But it was GW Bush who started killing people with drones. GW Bush started it and the US military loves drones, why are you attacking Obama for drones?

Then you attack Obama for the Afghanistan war, but it was GW Bush who started the war, GW Bush who set the policy for the war, and GW Bush who made the laws regarding the Afghanistan war.

Why are you attacking Obama for GW Bush's Afghanistan war.

That was too much !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

864 posts, read 799,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
The military has already stated that he was not targeted by a drone strike, at all, but was an unfortunate, and tragic, mistake.
They've made a lot of "unfortunate mistakes" in the past few years.

When will drones stop killing innocent people in Yemen? - CNN.com

The Toll Of 5 Years Of Drone Strikes: 2,400 Dead

Drone strikes: IHC orders police to register case against CIA

Turning a Wedding Into a Funeral: U.S. Drone Strike in Yemen Killed as Many as 12 Civilians | Democracy Now!

It's unfortunate that people like you and greywar don't pay attention to what's happening in the world. How can you expect to take an educated stance on an issue when you aren't even knowledgeable about the issue you're attempting to discuss?

Seriously, instead of deflecting the issue (like liberals usually do), and say "War is war, sh*t happens!" like out of some military PR pamphlet, why don't you actually research the innocent human toll of drone strikes?

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
So how many of you warrior wannabes have ever been in a fire fight? We could have used some support fire from drones or even artillery back on the Mekong.

How many of you realize how much wealth a few "in the know" Republicans looted out of the 2007 to 2009 financial crash. That wealth didn't disappear it was "transferred" from the middle class house owners to the very upper crust speculators that controlled the game. They won and we lost.

I have objected to our indefensible military involvement in the Middle East including our nearly unlimited support of Israeli land thievery (it has been four generations since the tragedy of the Holocaust and they have, to me anyway, overused the guilt trip), Saudi Royalty, assassination of GW Bush's personal enemy so we could sell the Iraqi oil to the private sector, and a completely absurd restart of the 1800's Great Game between Imperial Russia and the failing British Empire in Afghanistan. GITMO, aside from being a remnant of the Spanish American War of 1898, is a lonely US Navy base that got turned into a prison for the simply accused but not found guilty because they pissed on a neighbor in Arabia. Like that is just in any way shape or form.

I, as a Liberal, have been shamed by President Obama's failure to close the Gitmo abomination, get us out of Afghanistan, obliterate the Saudi royals and tell the Israelis they either do what we tell them as our clients or face the world on their own.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I do not memorize every terrorists name. Do you? We kill a LOT of people with drones.

I DO recall his father though (not his name but the details). It makes perfect sense his son would be hanging around with terrorist after his fathers death. Im NOT assuming the kid was up to no good. I just dont care. People die, even innocent people, in a armed conflict.

But get real. People die in armed conflict. Grow up and face the real world. I even approved of going to war with Afghanistan. (I didnt approve of Iraq).

Look at this liberal logic, "Sh*t happens, we just killed an innocent American citizen with a drone strike without giving him any due process. He was probably a terrorist just like his dad" Oh well!"

What a racist and ridiculous viewpoint.

Liberals have become worse than the Tea Party they constantly criticize.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:57 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:

Turning a Wedding Into a Funeral: U.S. Drone Strike in Yemen Killed as Many as 12 Civilians | Democracy Now!

It's unfortunate that people like you and greywar don't pay attention to what's happening in the world. How can you expect to an educated stance on an issue when you aren't even knowledgeable about the issue you're attempt to discuss?
Its a shame that people like you think armed conflicts will only kill the enemy. that you live in some fantasy world where only the bad guys die.

Im actually knowledgeable about it, I've seen the picture, the dead. Read the accounts of wedding parties being blown up. Im adult enough to realize that the military does not have the magical ability to only kill the bad guys.

I've read 3 of the 4 linked articles before (hadn't read the yemen one I think). No after reading it Im pretty sure I've read it too.

Grow up, warfare is not a thing to undertake believing in your childhood fantasies that its clean and efficient with only bad guys dying.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

I, as a Liberal, have been shamed by President Obama's failure to close the Gitmo abomination, get us out of Afghanistan, obliterate the Saudi royals and tell the Israelis they either do what we tell them as our clients or face the world on their own.
Damn dude. Please tell me there are more liberals like you.

Reading guys like Greywar and hadoken type is depressing, but you give some hope for the left. Respect!

Old 06-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Phil Graham-R,Texas
Jim Leach-R, Iowa
Tom Bliley-R, Virginia
Thomas Ewing-R, Illinois

How did Democrats get the blame for Republican legislation ?

Old 06-06-2014, 04:03 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Damn dude. Please tell me there are more liberals like you.

Reading guys like Greywar and hadoken type is depressing, but you give some hope for the left. Respect!
If it helps you any I'm perturbed by Gitmo as well, but recognize that the laws passed that don't let him do so kind of make that hard.

I do want us out of Afghanistan, their elected government is not our friend.

Think the Saudis can go pound sand now that we produce enough oil.

And think we shouldnt be funding Isreal as long as they refuse to make any sort of peace. To be fair the other side isnt much better. Not our monkeys, not our circus.

Its just perturbing to you that I feel this way about warfare. I kinda get that. But I believe its unrealistic to think otherwise.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:02 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Quote:

It's unfortunate that people like you and greywar don't pay attention to what's happening in the world. How can you expect to take an educated stance on an issue when you aren't even knowledgeable about the issue you're attempting to discuss?

Seriously, instead of deflecting the issue (like liberals usually do), and say "War is war, sh*t happens!" like out of some military PR pamphlet, why don't you actually research the innocent human toll of drone strikes?
What's truly unfortunate is that you consider these matters merely PR - that all of this whining is about "drone strikes", as if they're something special. The predator UAV carries a maximum of two Hellfire missiles. These are anti-tank missiles, designed to destroy a single target, with a minimal amount of damage to the surrounding area. Fifteen years ago, the substitute would be Tomahawk cruise missile, designed to take out major facilities. And we know this, because the Tomahawk was Bill Clinton's weapon of choice against known or suspected terrorist targets.

War is not like in cartoons, where everyone shouts "Yo, Joe!" And then jumps into fighter jets that are conveniently located, and they fly off to fight COBRA. In any war, many of our troops will be killed. And many civilians will be killed. That's all there is to it. Like greywar, I was against the Iraq War, because in my case I saw no credible threat from Saddam Hussein, nor a desire to create a threat from him.

So, no, you're the one who should get serious about war.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:29 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
So how many of you warrior wannabes have ever been in a fire fight? We could have used some support fire from drones or even artillery back on the Mekong.

How many of you realize how much wealth a few "in the know" Republicans looted out of the 2007 to 2009 financial crash. That wealth didn't disappear it was "transferred" from the middle class house owners to the very upper crust speculators that controlled the game. They won and we lost.

I have objected to our indefensible military involvement in the Middle East including our nearly unlimited support of Israeli land thievery (it has been four generations since the tragedy of the Holocaust and they have, to me anyway, overused the guilt trip), Saudi Royalty, assassination of GW Bush's personal enemy so we could sell the Iraqi oil to the private sector, and a completely absurd restart of the 1800's Great Game between Imperial Russia and the failing British Empire in Afghanistan. GITMO, aside from being a remnant of the Spanish American War of 1898, is a lonely US Navy base that got turned into a prison for the simply accused but not found guilty because they pissed on a neighbor in Arabia. Like that is just in any way shape or form.

Excellent point military drones keep our soldiers out of harms way, but the republicans want to deny US soldiers this new weapon.

And Obama has tried to close Gitmo and tried to get us out Afghanistan.
And do you want Obama to kill the Saudi Royals, or start another war with them?

And the country of Israel gives our politicians huge amounts of campaign money, its called the "Israel lobby." The Israel lobby has great power over republicans and democrats. The following documentary shows how all our politicians do many things for the Israel lobby.

AIPAC: The Israeli Lobby - Watch Free Documentary Online

I apologize if I was rude,
Chad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies