Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 01:39 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Possibly shoot a few if they think the need arises?
No, that irrational fear resides only in the mind of ignorant liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 01:43 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
That leaves way too much room for interpretation. That's why banks have "no guns" policy: you enter with a gun and it's obvious right away that you're up to no good.
Yet...there are still bank robberies....

Old 06-08-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How do you know what someone, who is carrying a firearm in public, is up to? How do know that they won't suddenly open fire on the entire place or crowd?
How do you know they will?

Oh...that's right....they have a gun...so that means they are BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2014, 01:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
People everywhere ("millions carry everyday") are openly carrying guns so we will not know which ones are a threat and which ones aren't until it is too late.
so you are also being the thought police and automatically branding people who carry firearms a threat. good to know that you and others who fear guns have some sort of telepathic powers that can tell who is a threat and who isnt. perhaps you should join the police force so you can use those grand powers and eliminate crime.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
People everywhere ("millions carry everyday") are openly carrying guns so we will not know which ones are a threat and which ones aren't until it is too late.
LOL...more people were/are beaten to death with "blunt objects" than killed by rifles and shotguns combined....

You should really be scared now.....

Old 06-08-2014, 01:47 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
No, that irrational fear resides only in the mind of ignorant liberals.
I think the irrational fear is in the minds of those who feel they must carry weapons and be preparred to attack.

Quote:
— A California man has been sentenced to more than 80 years to life in prison for murdering a 20-year-old man who allegedly stole a solar light from his home.
Man Sentenced To 80-Years In Prison For Vigilante Killing « CBS Sacramento

Old 06-08-2014, 01:47 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Yet, who do we really worry about??? White guy or black guy with a gun in public??? Only 6 out of 62 mass murders in this country were by men of color. The rest were white crazy unstable men. Now, how do we tell who is stable or not? That is the question I guess.
I keep telling you silly logical posters. The answer is: Magic.

That's the only way to do it, so obviously that's what the gun goobs have in mind as our only protection.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:48 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL...more people were/are beaten to death with "blunt objects" than killed by rifles and shotguns combined....

You should really be scared now.....
I do not carry a firearm. I am not as paranoid as those who feel they must carry a firearm into a family restaurant.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:48 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
When people walk into a restaurant carrying "long guns," how do you know they are the "good guys with guns" or "bad guys with guns?"
*sigh*

Magic. It's pretty obvious if you're a gun goob. What's your problem?

Old 06-08-2014, 01:51 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
How can I sign up so these knucklehead wannabe vigilantes don't try to "defend" me? I'd rather get robbed and beaten up than have some idiot open fire in my direction.

I'd like to see politicians who champion this stuff put their money where their mouth is: let mobs of people with long guns stand in the first row at speeches and rallies.
I assume that ignorant statement also applies to cops to right? You must not want them open carrying a gun either, seeing as statistically, you are more likely to be shot by a cop than a citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies