Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: do gays hate "freedom of religion"?
yes, that's why they force people to violate their religions 2 100.00%
no, they are not smart enough to understand what "freedom of religion" means 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 08:45 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times

Advertisements

my religion forbids helping a same sex "wedding".

the first amendment was designed to protect people like me, from government tyrant forcing me to violate my religion

yet the gay movement (almost everyone in it with their "allies) has been forcing people by passing unconstitutional laws, and then suing people for not helping a same sex "wedding"

so does the gay movement hate the first amendment's protection of freedom of religon

Old 06-11-2014, 09:03 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
They don't like that people still 'think' homosexuality is abnormal. So they go after the religious and people of faith. Laws have changed, they have their gay cheerleaders, gay marriage, but now God has to change his mind.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:11 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
my religion forbids helping a same sex "wedding".

the first amendment was designed to protect people like me, from government tyrant forcing me to violate my religion

yet the gay movement (almost everyone in it with their "allies) has been forcing people by passing unconstitutional laws, and then suing people for not helping a same sex "wedding"

so does the gay movement hate the first amendment's protection of freedom of religon
You'd think that someone who was part of a group who had been so targeted would not do things like call a same sex wedding a "wedding".

Marriage has historically carried all sorts of biases. Once upon a time a marriage was a legal contract between two people only of the opposite sex, only of the same color and only of the same religion. Plenty of people wouldn't allow their children to marry a jew, for instance. That's a historical form of racism.

I'm not sure if you're smart enough to realize this, but the "gay movement" isn't some kind of hive mind. They don't collectively all think the same thing anymore than the jewish community all has the same opinion.

No laws that have been passed would compel you to marry anyone. I haven't seen many opinions from anyone in the gay community suggesting that there's anything wrong with freedom of religion. Much like you're free to be a bigot, the gay people that I know just want the same rights as others. They sometimes want the ability to get married and all that getting married brings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.